Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231723 times)

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Geez, guys, I'd love to have your forts. 3:

Seems like nothing ever happens to me! I tend to reach a certain point, stop getting migrants, a few caravans still come trucking along but mostly I am left alone by anything even remotely resembling Fun.

...some people might call this "lucky," but I don't. ;)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Seems like nothing ever happens to me! I tend to reach a certain point, stop getting migrants, a few caravans still come trucking along but mostly I am left alone by anything even remotely resembling Fun.

Dig down, mate. Just dig down.

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it's my impression but it takes a lot longer to get ambushes and stuff than it did in 40d.

My fort ran for 2 years with the occasional snatchers and thieves, until big ambushes started showing up.

Also, my underground looked really empty until i decided to actually explore it. Now I'm under pressure of blind ogres, some roaming heaps of salt and other nasty stuff.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My latest might get a bit dull midgame, since there are no Goblins left alive in this world.

I await to see what the snake people have to offer.,,

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DF starts to crash on me without any helpful error message.

My fort has been standing for roughly 3-4 years now and the crash always happens around the same time.

Any idea if this got be mod related? I'm using nothing else but Genesis and didn't change anything except for blacklungs and some init stuff.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is an unrelated to Genesis bug. I have it too, it's annoying.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea what's triggering this?

otherwise I'd delay any reasonable fortress construction and switch to more fun-involving short-lived experiments

btw.
there's a typo in your signature (fanciful fortress is linked with http://://)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No idea what triggers it, sorry, I wish I knew. But I believe it's fixed for the next version.

There's a typo? I just clicked on all three links, they all work fine.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Saw the Dev post that the next DF version might be out tomorrow (Sunday). Will I have to wait for Genesis to be updated after that to play? Can't really play the vanilla anymore thanks to you :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There's a typo? I just clicked on all three links, they all work fine.
Yes there is. Fanciful creatures mod has http://:// so it's NOT working. Maybe your sig is cached on your PC wrong? :)

Saw the Dev post that the next DF version might be out tomorrow (Sunday).
I will update ASAP. I hope it fixes the crash bug. And for you to know, military screen may cause crashes and guys wielding daggers may cause crashes too, so avoid knife-users for now.

My latest might get a bit dull midgame, since there are no Goblins left alive in this world.

I await to see what the snake people have to offer.,,
That's why I consider adding gnolls/centaurs/some primitive civ which sieges ASAP. They won't have much armor so you will be ok with a few crossbow-dwarves, but it will add some action from the beginning.

Maybe it's my impression but it takes a lot longer to get ambushes and stuff than it did in 40d.
I think Toady axed the value you get from the terrain. In 40d if you had lots of valuable rocks around it automatically led to sieges and fun stuff. In 0.31.03 you get tons of valuable stuff EVERYWHERE but it doesn't count towards your wealth anymore.

i noticed that caravans are nerfed alot
Well, it's still more than I wanted. I just made pack animals to carry less than 10x their weight. Now it's something about 3x of their weight. Still unrealistic, but at least something (so they can bring a pet or two without wagons).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

DEON IS KREDIT TO TEAM
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry, I didn't get it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

It's a reference to TF2.

All you need to know is that it means that you're awesome.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Well of COURSE Deon is awesome, I thought we all knew that already. ;)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Everyone here is awesome because you bump my mood. Also I will include Gold Plated tileset version for the next version which should be out tomorrow (according to Toady, if everything goes right).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 642