Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231182 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- V. 1.6: new critters: skunk, crow, hercinia, firebird; semimegabeasts: deep crow; creature: serpentfolk (4 castes); entity: snakemen; graphics for cave animalmen. ASCII version is up. Additional castes for goblins.

Snakemen come later than gobbos and they do not wear leg armor, so they are easy to kill. But they have various abilities which outweight it.

Deep crows are just large crows with four eyes. Go and see them by yourself.

Firebird is a bird from a slavic folkloire (I am not sure about other folks). It's shining and it burns. Thus I gave it the immolation ability. Careful with it :).

Skunk was made by Koji. All thanks for vomiting hunters go to him :).

Goblins now have orcs and orcish shamans/witch-doctors as their castes.

And finally there's the ASCII version which should appeal all those who do not use graphics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, thanks! This is great! One question ... I noticed the mod is still using the Phobeus tileset.. in one of your last posts you asked about Mayday's or ASCII, which to do frst, are you still planning to do the mod in Mayday's graphics? If not, can users easily change the tileset ourselves or will it not work with your mod then?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There's ASCII and Mayday is coming next. I have some tasks here to do before I can do it :). I think I will be able to make it today.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, I hate to trouble you, but if you have a spare 5 minutes maybe you could explain some reactions to me on the modders workshop.

I don't like asking you on your own thread when your busy, but if I get this done I might have something very unique that you can use in genesis. The kind of thing I think you would like.

If you are too busy that is fine though, I can keep playing around with what I have, or somebody else shows up, though you are the best reaction modder I know.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I don't see the question :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Last page, bottom of workshop thread.
Thanks a lot, your saving my error log from a fatal overload.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

OH LAWDY NEW VERSION
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

may Armok bless you Deon

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay! New version! Awesome as always, Deon.  ;D
No aboleths in this release  :'(

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I hope you don't feel hurt that I don't use many of your training workshops Deon. You did get rather defensive, and I did mean for all mods, not just genesis.
I also took out the training weapons, and if I could I would turn off the tutor system, its just the way I am. :P Combat skills should be earned at some risk to ones self in my opinion. But that is just me...

Although on further reflection on the topic, there might be a way to win me over yet. If training with these workshops had some level of risk involved I would be more interested.

Obviously injury isn't possible, but if, for example, you changed the training dummys to dummy stands, and added a new item called the training dummy, then the training reactions used a dummy AND produced one, but only at a 90% rate, so therefor it would break every now and then and you would need a new one, and made dummys take several goods to produce, making them annoying to replace, I would see workshop training as a more liable option.

Of coarse this is just an example for combat training, other forms could involve paper and dye being written into books, or balls being made from leather then sometimes lost in use.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see your point and I was defensive just regarding to my own opinion, if you don't like training workshops, why not :). I just don't see a reason to take them out, you can simply not build them, that's the only question.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

It annoys me having them then when I know I'm not going to use them, mostly because I always forget the shortcut to things like stills and kitchens that have nothing to do with there name, so I end up scrolling from the bottom up to find them, and they add a fair amount of scrolling.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see. I've answered your stone hammer question with the right reaction string, so if you have any other questions ask away.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great! I can't wait! Thanks for the reply and speed of your updates!

There's ASCII and Mayday is coming next. I have some tasks here to do before I can do it :). I think I will be able to make it today.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 642