Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231458 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.53 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #690 on: May 01, 2010, 07:45:08 am »

Those workshops had better imply some level of survival until the 11th turn, demonic!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 01, 2010, 07:45:50 am »

Do you know if this would still work if you changed it after genning a world and embarking?
I think you should regenerate the world, but you can try.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:30 am »

Hey Deon, I "borrowed" your frost breath effect for one of my spells, and realized that it was nearly always fatal. I've reworked it a little bit in case you were interested in having a weaker effect. This one will generate brown wounds on any exposed body parts, and will chew through clothing really quickly.

One interesting side effect is that it can make you go blind by damaging your eyes. That was funny to discover.

It works by having a fairly low spec_heat which makes it boil off pretty quickly.

Code: [Select]
material_template_default.txt
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FROST_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frost]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frost]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:frost]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:frost]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:frost]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:frost]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:350]
[IGNITE_POINT:20000]
[MELTING_POINT:7000]
[BOILING_POINT:8500]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:1500]
[MOLAR_MASS:20000]
[IMPACT_YIELD:50000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:50000]
[IMPACT_ELASTICITY:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_ELASTICITY:100]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_ELASTICITY:100]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_ELASTICITY:100]
[SHEAR_YIELD:10600]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:10600]
[SHEAR_ELASTICITY:5000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_ELASTICITY:100]
[MAX_EDGE:100]
[ABSORPTION:6000]
[LIQUID_MISC_CREATURE]
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 01, 2010, 10:05:49 am »

I see, thank you. It will be useful for minor enemies. I want frost wyrms to be extremely deadly, they are megabeasts afterall :). And you can kill them from afar too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 01, 2010, 10:47:20 am »

This mod is so cool, im using an older version without the hero dwarfs but its still awesome, my map keeps spawning forest spiders which are almost impossible to die from even if you are not armoured, my dwarfs always have food and the best thing they killed was either a cougar or a pack of wolves, whatever is tougher :D This mod is awesome.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 01, 2010, 10:48:53 am »

@ Deon @ Castes

Yeah, you took my concept to greater heights than I ever imagined! :D And, looking at this, I'm liking a lot of this other stuff that you've put in, too.

So then, I have a question:
Would it be okay with you if I took your mod and shamelessly cloned based my own mod on it; twisting beyond all recognition tweaking the theme a lot bit to get the more subtle and "serious" theme I prefer out of it?

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 01, 2010, 01:30:51 pm »

I wouldn't be very happy if you took the whole thing, slapped some changes on top of it and made a separate mod out of it. But you're free to borrow as much stuff as you want unless you shamelessly clone make a modification on top of it and call it yours ;).

And if you mean that you want to mod it to your taste and share with people, why not. Someone may like it that way.

I just didn't get this part:

more subtle and "serious" theme
What "unserious" is here? I have no flying spaghetti monsters and burning socks, or do you mean something else? :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:32:56 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 01, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »

I wouldn't be very happy if you took the whole thing, slapped some changes on top of it and made a separate mod out of it. But you're free to borrow as much stuff as you want unless you shamelessly clone make a modification on top of it and call it yours ;).

I usually add some things, and call it my mod, but I don't make it available to the public.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 01, 2010, 02:06:41 pm »

I do the same to other mods, i.e. I modded Relentless Assault for myself but didn't release it because all changes were only from my point of view. And I don't see a reason for this too, because I accept personal suggestions and can even make different copies of DF Genesis. Well, I've already made 4 types of graphics (including ASCII) for the next release, so yeah :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #699 on: May 01, 2010, 02:09:15 pm »

Just to put it out there. This mod rocks!
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:31 pm »

I add some modifications to dwarfs to make them sound more, DWARVENLY.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 01, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »

And if you mean that you want to mod it to your taste and share with people, why not. Someone may like it that way.

I just didn't get this part:

more subtle and "serious" theme
What "unserious" is here? I have no flying spaghetti monsters and burning socks, or do you mean something else? :)
There's a reason why I put "serious" in quotation marks: it's not a very good term to use.  :(

What I mean was that this is sort of too all-encompassing, I prefer stuff which has more limited content and makes one use his imagination.  It's like when you put so much "magical" stuff into a fantasy world, it sort of takes the magic out of it.  If "magic" is ever anything but rare and extraordinary, defying the belief of both those in the book and those reading it, it becomes no more miraculous to behold than gravity.  And so, what I would do is to try and make most of what's been changed in the game the exception instead of the rule.  The players, being already used to a "normal" game, will at first see little difference, and therefore will quickly get settled down into a comfortable routine, and whenever something new happens they will experience it, and then get over the excitement just in time for the next new thing.  And if I wanted include a different theme, I'd change everything to match.  This would mean that I'd have a different mod for each different culture and each different time period I wish to mod in, but there would be NO bridges linking any two of them: each would be independent of the others.

As for what I'd like to do with your mod, I'd like to just take what I like and drop what I don't and then use that as a basis for my mod (with credits to you, of course).  In many spots I'll probably just take your concepts and utilized them in what I think would be a better way.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 01, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

It will be interesting to see what you come up with :).

Oh noes, I have to run, my miners are eaten by deep crows! Relesase 1.6 is soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2010, 03:25:33 pm »

Sorry if this had been mentioned before. The red dragons are green.  The castes are awesome, BTW.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2010, 03:54:27 pm »

Sorry if this had been mentioned before. The red dragons are green.  The castes are awesome, BTW.

Sorry, what?
Code: [Select]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:CRIMSON:1:CARMINE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
As you see, there's no green.

P.S. I think I know what you mean. You mean ASCII symbol? I forgot to change it :). Thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 642