Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231582 times)

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.53 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #615 on: April 28, 2010, 09:17:13 pm »

Hey! In the credits you have the swimming pool attributed to me. It was actually created by PrimusRibbus.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:58 pm »

Steel Dwarf adventurer strategy

Step 1 Find forest spiders
Step 2 Let Spiders attack you
Step 3 Wait for spiders to pass out from exhaustion
Step 4 Kill spiders
Step 5 Repeat

I went from nothing to legendary in both armor user and observer after one fight.  Only injury was a yellow left elbow.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 29, 2010, 01:04:07 am »

Hey, Deon, and fans of Deon!

Loving the new update, but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to DF mods -- how do I get the new subspecies of dwarves to show up in my fort? I'm assuming it's possible, since Deon was referring to gloomies being in his fort, and I admittedly haven't tried yet to make a new fort so I don't know if it's a preset thing, so basically I'm flying off half-cocked in asking...

...but... :P

Thanks, anyone who can answer! c:
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:12 am »

Hi, Deon. Been trying out the new version of your mod (only adventure mode so far), and I noticed something odd with the dwarf castes. Specifically, moss dwarves (and maybe another caste too, but definitely the moss ones) seem to lack hair/skin colors... When I examinine them, all that's described is hairstyle & facial features. Looking at the raws, it appears that their colors aren't given anywhere, so that's the probable cause.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2010, 01:19:45 am »

They have a rare medical condition caused my lazy modder syndrome. As I recall deon said he would add colours later.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 29, 2010, 01:41:53 am »

My steel dwarf rotted to death because of a lost adventurer. mutter  :-\ I thought they where immune to disease?

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 29, 2010, 03:59:46 am »

I'm not sure if necrosis counts as "disease" per see (And if it does, whether it counts as one in DF).  It seems more like it's a contact poison kind of deal, or an infection.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:02 am »

My steel dwarf rotted to death because of a lost adventurer. mutter  :-\ I thought they where immune to disease?
That's totally weird. I just removed the poison-related stuff, but it looks like there's something else :). I will investigate the case, thank you. Well, at least spider poison doesn't work.

Specifically, moss dwarves (and maybe another caste too, but definitely the moss ones) seem to lack hair/skin colors...
Oh man, I forgot to add moss dwarves' hair/eye/skin definitions when I've made the templates for others :P. It's easy to fix, thank you for pointing it out.
Other are defined like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They have a rare medical condition caused my lazy modder syndrome. As I recall deon said he would add colours later.
No, I just missed one caste. I try to finish things before releasing them.

Loving the new update, but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to DF mods -- how do I get the new subspecies of dwarves to show up in my fort?
Every dwarf belongs to some caste. It's harder to notice their caste in the fort mode, but if you go to their description (which shows their thoughts, likes, appearance etc.) the bottommost paragraph describes their caste.

Hey! In the credits you have the swimming pool attributed to me. It was actually created by PrimusRibbus.
Oops, you gave it to me so I supposed it's your work. Thank you.

Wonder if you can get an entire embark of Gloomers, and since you can keep a Gloomer(Dwarf) in a specific spot using burrow, I would make them all hermits living next to each other. any Immigrants that are not Gloomers are sadly feed to the anything trying to kill them.
Well, they are quite rare, and you cannot ESC-quit embark screen, so good luck with it :).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:28:43 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 29, 2010, 05:03:03 am »

Hm...it seems ever since you made the new castes of dwarves, my noble screen has become completely empty - nothing there at all.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 29, 2010, 05:27:20 am »

Did you get 1.53? It was 1.52 error.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ??? ? Genesis Mod ? ??? [? 1.53 ?] - caste madness!
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2010, 07:38:54 am »

I am sorry for saying elephants have no skin, it was really my war elephant that  had no skin

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2010, 07:56:54 am »

By "skin" do you mean the graphic tile?
And if so, was the war elephant the same as common elephant, or by "no skin" you mean it had "E" instead of picture?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 29, 2010, 10:36:18 am »

Oh man, I forgot to add moss dwarves' hair/eye/skin definitions when I've made the templates for others :P. It's easy to fix, thank you for pointing it out.

It's a pretty minor thing, for sure. I'm having fun with the mod in any case.

Currently my adventurer is a gloomer axedwarf named Deler Cavescorch, the Thirst of Confederacy :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:38:27 am by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ??? ? Genesis Mod ? ??? [? 1.53 ?] - caste madness!
« Reply #628 on: April 29, 2010, 02:17:29 pm »

Played for breif moments during school, not sure if actual elephants had a graphic tile but the war elephant did not. my mod is updated up to a few days ago, looks great though cant wait to play

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 29, 2010, 03:54:38 pm »

this mod looks really really good. once ive done exploring the new version more, i may actually swich over to playing this for a bit. the only other mods i ever seriously tried was the orcs and ender goblins ones, the other complete world mods just didnt offer enough differences in play style, but with this new version i see the possibilities are amazing. the crazy set of dwarven casts sounds like a whole incredible new mechanic to mess around with, and the training dummies circumvent some of the current military problems.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 642