Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231697 times)

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed the dark dwarves aren't a civilization? They should be! A hostile one as a good counterpart to goblins. Getting your good dwarves raided by evil dwarves. They should have counterparts but they shouldn't just be carbon copies of their opposites.

Magma Dwarves counterpart to Obsidian Dwarves. Some kind of breath attack that shoots embers and smoke? Very strong, fire immune. Sets things on fire that aren't metal.

Glacier Dwarves counterpart to Ice Dwarves. Radiates cold, leaves trails of ice on the ground. Low defense but can have a "poison" that slows your dwarves. In reality it's because they're so cold that they slow down anyone with numbing cold. Only can be used in the game as a poison I figure.

Fungal Dwarves counterpart to Shroom Dwarves. Multiple Litters, Poisonous and cause rot. Hate light. Regenerate wounds.

Onyx Dwarves counterpart to Jade Dwarves. Highly intelligent, sadistic, often crazy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well if were going to completely hijack the mod.  :P
Wood dwarfs, as a counterpart to stone dwarfs.
And, as a counter part to steel dwarfs, the one, the only, the baddest of the badass, SLADE DWARFS!

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should be demonic!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

For some reason I can't see steel dwarfs any other way but with a pair of shades on.  8)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

when it mean 80% learning speed, does it mean they learn 80% faster?
No, that's 80% of the normal speed, and their skills rust faster. They are lazy dwarves which love life and breeding :).
They are sometimes too friendly for a dwarf though.

Hey Dion I had a thought. Normal Dorfs get their own little subclasses. What about removing your generic "dark dorfs" and add them with evil sub-races of dwarves?
Ahem, Deon :). Yeah, nice idea. I personally thought about "slade" dwarves before, like heroic dwarves for dark dwarves, a bit thoughter than steel dwarves. Also your ideas about evil counterparts is awesome. I will incorporate it.

I noticed the dark dwarves aren't a civilization?
What do you mean? They are an underground civilization, so they have camps in the caverns like antmen and ratmen do.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, I hate to self advertise on your own thread, but I figure by page 39 I'm not likely to divert traffic.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55778.0

I think this is something you would like in on.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahaha, let me reiterate deon! I ment civilization as the type that shows up on your doorstep ready to slaughter everything and everyone. Like goblins, except a lot worse:P Not the kind that shows up when you hit the caverns ready to slaughter everything and everyone.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see, but the dark dwarves are meant to live underground, not willing to come up to a sunlight.

You will have more enemies in the next releases :).

Meanwhile, I moved my lazy ass and set up all skin/hair/eye color ranges for different castes right now (so they have different appearance) so I will release the 1.5 in 20-30 min.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.5 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #578 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:16 am »

1.5 is released
- V. 1.5: dwarves have different castes now, all with unique stats; anubites in deserts (animal people); furniture workshop (dismantles wood/rock furniture, makes rock beds); more library options; most new plants have more "easy" names, with "grain"/"grass"/"flower" added for people to easier understand what do they grow; stone/gem graphics changed to less "iconic" style; new vermin/plant tiles (for standard tileset).

P.S. I would like a native english-speaker to spellcheck new castes' descriptions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:56:07 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:04 am »

Yay! New version!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 28, 2010, 06:01:15 am »

Exactly.

The big brother watches you.

P.S.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:18:23 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:32 am »

For some reason I can't see steel dwarfs any other way but with a pair of shades on.  8)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.51 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #583 on: April 28, 2010, 08:11:50 am »

1.51 fix, sorry :)

Tiles which cause blacklung now look like common bitum.coal/lignite. Does not break saves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

I see, but the dark dwarves are meant to live underground, not willing to come up to a sunlight.

Hmmm, light defence!  Set passage open to sky and watch them puke themselves to death.  Hmmm, we need someone to mod diamond reflectors to channel light into the depths...
Can underground races (or any race for that matter) be set to have fully developed cave adaptation from the start... so upon meeting them they already can't stand the light?
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 642