Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234353 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.46 ϟ] - now with stonesense
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2010, 04:53:54 pm »

Are you sure you've modded the /data/save/region***/raw/objects/ folder too and not only /raw/objects/ folder?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:52:52 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »

Did the work around fix (including the data/save/raw/objects) and it now runs smoothly.

Great work, Deon!  Time to enjoy this for the next two days before I report into Basic Training.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »

Good news guys, I am working on making all Genesis mod's creature graphics for Stonesense (because there's a version now which works with it).

Here're wesmans:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will work on nords now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2010, 12:44:04 am »

Nords:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:34 am »

;D

Hey, Deon, would Thallids be cool? I'm thinking of them being a primitive civ of mushroom men that lives in the forests, use spears and are sorta like Elves, although more hardcore.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2010, 01:11:00 am »

Hmm, mushrooms besieging dwarves for eating fungi... Might be fun :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

prinnyzombie

• Bay Watcher
  • like my horrible painting? yah its awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:04 am »

hey deon - just wanted to say thank you for the mod.  Really like the soundtrack.  thanks for all the effort - when i mod my game i just do it for myself but youre more awesome than me in that regard :P

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2010, 04:14:07 am »

If you make a thallid civ I'd -love- to offer advise. Like Acanthus is i'm sure I'm a buff on magic the gathering :P. My thallid deck was my -favorite- deck.

Spike Thallids that shoot thorns, Thallid Hulks that are giant brutes, normal thallids which have a monsterously high reproduction rate. good stuff!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2010, 04:15:09 am »

Doomspore shrooms would be good too.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:06 am »

I was never big on card games.
I'll take a character sheet and pencil any day.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:18 am »

I'm a fan of both, really. I liked the MtG cards more for the cool illustrations, tho.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2010, 02:07:50 pm »

Love many of the changes, but for whatever reason, this modification has destroyed all trade.

It's like getting an endless supply of what the elves from the first version would bring, useless crap.  Even the dwarven caravan doesn't bring anything but cloth, some food and the occasional log (singular log) if I happened to have requested it.  That's it.  No anvils, no animals, no weaponry, crafts.  Nada.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2010, 02:16:05 pm »

That's absolutely weird. Maybe your random number generator hates you... I mean, the trading values are vanilla, and all trade triggers are too.

You may want to try a clean install in case you've got some weird bug... Also, what is the level of your broker and your exported/imported wealth?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2010, 02:48:06 pm »

That's absolutely weird. Maybe your random number generator hates you... I mean, the trading values are vanilla, and all trade triggers are too.

You may want to try a clean install in case you've got some weird bug... Also, what is the level of your broker and your exported/imported wealth?

Broker level is abysmal (all novice level) since for whatever reason since installing the mod, they can't level up their skills through using the trade options (appraisal goes up a level maybe once a year, everything remains locked at novice).

Exported wealth on this current fortress is 4700 something.  The requests I make of my liaison don't go through..something's boinked the whole situation.  And this was the same before and after the clean install I did just yesterday.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2010, 03:06:48 pm »

Oh wait I think I know what you mean. You see, animals now have more realistic trade capacity thus one donkey cannot bring 4 donkeys on it, you need wagons to get real stuff, and it means that you have to trade much more to start getting big caravans. I've found it to be a nice trade-off to disallow early buy-all--you-need-caravan-with-crafts, however I didn't think that this would stop elves from bringing animals because they do not have wagons.

To fix this in your current save, change TRADE_CAPACITY on animals to a bigger value. I think I will revert it in the next patch, because while it's more realistic, it's less fun. Still it's strange to get a donkey which brings an elephant, but I guess it's ok if it's the only way :).

Exported wealth on this current fortress is 4700 something.
That's probably it. My current exported wealth is 200+ thousands and they bring big caravans.

Broker level is abysmal (all novice level) since for whatever reason since installing the mod, they can't level up their skills through using the trade options (appraisal goes up a level maybe once a year, everything remains locked at novice).
This may be your broker's personality. What is his analytical ability and other mental stuff? My broker levels just fine. But just in case like yours, I am adding a "read trade manuals" job to the library to increase Appraisal for the next version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 642