Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234181 times)

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.25 ϟ]
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:52 am »

Whoops, double post. Oh well, i blame the error tab for popping up. Anyway, i died due to hunger and dehydration. Perhaps they're supposed to web you so much you die due to starvation.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:54:48 am by Peasant »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:42 am »

So they couldn't bite through your armor? Fair enough. Still, yeah, webbing spiders are evil... That's why I enter evil forests (quite rare biome, so you should be careful about that, there're other nasties) with armored companions. Also yeah, ranged weapons in your backpack help the situation.

P.S. Good thing they were not ZOMBIE spiders:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:12:38 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2010, 05:06:50 pm »

Oh god zombie spiders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2010, 09:04:59 am »

awesome mod! to the list please :D

gah wyverns O_O so nasty
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2010, 09:46:26 am »

Regarding the spiders, if you have a shield, you will eventually get good enough to block all the shots.  Just go get a drink and come back, then prepare to clear through 875 pages of text.  I had the same thing happen.  I got legendary Fighter, Shield User and Armor User when I came back.  Not sure why it happens, but ah well.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2010, 10:19:43 am »

Hey Deon, I'll give you Cave Carp and Cave Carp Men after I test them/get some sleep. I'm trying to make the Cave Carp as close to their 40d#-ish evil.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2010, 10:29:38 am »

Regarding the spiders, if you have a shield, you will eventually get good enough to block all the shots.  Just go get a drink and come back, then prepare to clear through 875 pages of text.  I had the same thing happen.  I got legendary Fighter, Shield User and Armor User when I came back.  Not sure why it happens, but ah well.
Why? Because you are stuck and turns fly by :). It was the same in 40d but you couldn't train vs. spiders because the armor was not working there.

Hey Deon, I'll give you Cave Carp and Cave Carp Men after I test them/get some sleep. I'm trying to make the Cave Carp as close to their 40d#-ish evil.
Good to know! I will have to release 1.3 sometime soon because I tweaked sand/stone graphics and some other minor things which do not break save games.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2010, 10:32:22 am »

Also, your avatar is cool and distracting. ;D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2010, 10:34:26 am »

Thanks. I became really bored during one of the last nights, and I went on a little avatar-search-frenzy to find something unique... Well, a Picard ball driven by a kitten which tries to kill Indiana Jones is unique enough for me :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2010, 10:39:20 am »

Hey, would you like Cave Wolves? They'd be annoying as fuck, but great training...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2010, 03:33:36 pm »

Thanks. I became really bored during one of the last nights, and I went on a little avatar-search-frenzy to find something unique... Well, a Picard ball driven by a kitten which tries to kill Indiana Jones is unique enough for me :P.

Looks like Cyriak's work?

EDIT: Damn it Deon! You and Lofn owe me a miner! >:|

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »

EDIT: Damn it Deon! You and Lofn owe me a miner! >:|
Why?

Also, sorry for being late with 1.3, it will wait for a bit.

Right now I am drawing new tilesets for wasteland guys from scratch, including all professions. It's crazy :P.

I'm half done!

P.S. Oh let me guess, "a small coal mod" which I included? :P Haha, that will teach you to be careful with the coal. And seriously, I rarely mine it, usually when I have unneeded immigrants. It's dangerous to set up coal mines.

P.P.S. Also I plan to make an alchemist workshop which transforms gems into shells. It looks like it's not profitable (and it's not, I don't want to make "cheating" reactions) but it can save a mood (because you can always get some gem).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:44:06 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2010, 05:04:14 pm »

Thanks - this mod rocks :D
But there is way too much new crops ;(
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2010, 05:18:41 pm »

I've started playing this mod and it's great
broke into a cavern and have been sending my army down there for training (hard core)!  so far I have 3 axe lords who slaughter ghouls by the dozen and I have caught roughly 80 creatures, planning a death trap, but I'm hesitant to do that because my fps will drop horribly.  also, miners are dropping like flies :(, blood everywhere, and my "kill the world" volcano switch has been accidentally pulled twice (third time's the charm).  After I lost half my army to a jabberer (who never died, caught in a cage trap) I walled off the cavern entrance and decided to wait for a goblin siege.  The first ambush arrived moments ago and my trained army ended up late to the party as a donkey had slain 3 goblins and the rest were caught in cage traps.  I wish there was a legitimate Colosseum to pit creature and prisoner. Anyway, thanks for this.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2010, 06:01:58 pm »

P.S. Oh let me guess, "a small coal mod" which I included? :P Haha, that will teach you to be careful with the coal. And seriously, I rarely mine it, usually when I have unneeded immigrants. It's dangerous to set up coal mines.
I think I dug out maybe two or three squares (hell, it was for a passageway anyway). I was playing without graphics, so all the walls looked like cave lobster and I didn't realise there was a wall full of black death in the way. On the plus side, he's got a steel sarcophagus now, so he's probably better off than any of the survivors. I'm still going to tone down Black Lung's deadliness when I'm "done" with this fort, though.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 642