Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234132 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [ϟ Graphics ϟ]
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »

3 ghouls attacked me and were killed by a cat
That's pretty weird... Ghouls have stats of troglodites and I didn't touch cats, so it's like a vanilla cat vs troglodytes with some tweaking... I should try it, maybe the cat was too lucky with biting their throats and dodged their blows... It's really weird. You should make that cat a hero :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

It's really weird. You should make that cat a hero
i think you mean gyro
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20:03 pm »

You're evil. I do not eat cats ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2010, 06:23:31 pm »

Congrats on getting the first major mod out the gate, Deon!

I've played a game using 0.9 through year...3? Everything worked fine, traded with the Dusk Elves and had a Barghest kidnapper (didn't get far enough for an ambush).

I have one request and a personal quibble.

Could you please, at some point in the future, try to restructure the mod (as far as it's feasible) to use unique filenames for added content, and clear commenting in the vanilla files that must be changed. This will make multi-modding with it a LOT easier. Also deleting un-changed RAW files from the distributed archive would help make it more clear what has, and what has NOT, been changed. Thank you.

The reason I quit playing this particular game was having most of my core dwarves afflicted with black lung (incurable). The concept is great, and it's impressive how well it's done, but...I really don't feel, in my case, that it adds any "fun" to my game. They got blood everywhere, and were moving so slowly they could barely manage to clean up after themselves, let alone do any useful work.

So before I run this mod again (just DLed 1.0!) I'll be excising those diseases from the RAWs before genning a new world.

Keep up the great work, and I'll be looking forward to what you come up with next.

Rochndil, who really needs to start throwing together an MMO build...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2010, 06:23:50 pm »

lol riiiiiiiiiiiiight but seriously there were pools of pus and severed hands everywhere
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2010, 06:28:10 pm »

Hello, Rochndil!

If you do not like Black Lung, remove "inorganic_blacklung.txt" before you generate the world.

Thanks for the tips about organization, I am a pretty random person so I often end up with things in weird places. I will make sure to restructure and place comments where appropriate for the next releases.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

I can dig this mod, Deon. Just started Genesis 0.9 today and I am glad to see rabbits and raccoons. I had your 2009-August Genesis/DFComplete earlier.
Some Ghouls and Lost Adventurers gave me trouble underground. Do Lost A's travel in packs? I've got six of them on my refuse pile.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35:47 pm »

They do, check their descriptions. Also their breath attacks (rotten flies) are very poisonous, but they are not "very undead" yet, so they are more like cursed people. Crossbows work well against them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2010, 12:25:03 am »

I am going to get started on playing this right away.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2010, 12:46:54 am »

Any way to play this with the lung-damage disabled? I don't like my dwarves flaking off when I need them, and they always do. Maybe some way to prevent it, like cloth filters?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2010, 01:14:14 am »

If you do not like Black Lung, remove "inorganic_blacklung.txt" before you generate the world.

That's it. I think I will make it optional for the next releases.

Hello everybody! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2010, 04:50:07 am »

Request: Can you, with every version update, list the specific files that have been added and/or changed?  That way we can cherry-pick the updates out of the release.  Nothing huge, though it will help if we have some of our own edits in as well.  ;)
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2010, 06:24:48 am »

question and possible suggestion.

Do the goblinoid races ever siege you together? Will you see a pack of weak goblin siegers with a dusting of orc raiders attacking your fort? And what about the "mercenary"ish creatures like trolls that occasionaly show up?

Which brings me to a suggestion: More possible sieging army makeups. Trolls and beakdogs are nice. But what about hordes of wolves,the rare ettins, ogres, x_men(x_being leech/snake/lion/whatever), and all those other nasty critters who might tag along with goblins for the prospect of delicious dwarf meat? If you want to be really evil you can add in the prospect of the odd Giant or Minotaur showing up with them.  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2010, 09:14:42 am »

Barghests and goblins live together and siege together, and they bring trolls to smash down your doors. This is how it works.

More critters for them to brings sounds interesting... Now to find out what makes trolls to be parts of the sieges :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2010, 02:51:45 pm »

This is really fun to play with the dangerous critters mod. I don't see how it's more difficult though. So many extra weapons, tree types, plants, creatures, civilizations... not to mention the training areas.

I think it's pretty easy actually. That's not a bad thing. The poison coal mines are interesting, but I just switched strategies to use disposable miners instead.

Fun though.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 642