Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234170 times)

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [ϟ MOD v.086 ϟ]
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2010, 07:51:23 am »

Is there a graphical version of Genesis Mod for DF 2010?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2010, 07:57:57 am »

Sadly, not as yet. But I guess someone could hazard at making tilesets...

((cannot do pixel art to save life))
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2010, 08:17:30 am »

I have all creature graphic sets, I just need to set up them and didn't make it a priority before I make the main framework of the mod.

Meanwhile, I decided to dump desert humans. I thought that it would be more interesting to make desert... elves instead! :D

With egyptian+arab flavor. Serpent swords, viper arrows, kopeshs, and in full golden ritual armor :).

Then it will be 3 human and 3 elven races. Quite balanced ;).

I thought lost adventurers were harmless until one breathed on me. Oh the horrors! I was just finishing my trek through the tunnels, but instead I collapsed on the North Bridge with my blood trailing me for dozens of metres.

Oh yeah, mummies are evil too. You have to be careful with all those almost-dead-very-cursed-people-breathing-flies-and-rotten-pus :).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:20:51 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 08:27:15 am »

I'm curious, are they actually breathing Flies as in the Vermin, or just some material you created called Flies? If they were actually breathing the vermin I think that would be hilariously amazing and I would want to see a creature that constantly emits Fluffy Wamblers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:26 am »

Sadly you cannot make a vermin breath attack (yet). It would be awesome if they could though, with real vermin flying around and biting people :).

Right now they are filled with yellow pus and rotten flies material. And they breathe it out.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:26 am »

Right now they are filled with yellow pus and rotten flies material. And they breathe it out.
The funny part is, earlier with the same adventurer, I drank some of that pus and was completely fine. It was only the breath that got me good.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2010, 08:58:08 am »

Pus is ok. Flies give disease.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2010, 09:03:30 am »

Bad breath problems taken to a higher level.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:23 am »

Now it looks like 0.31.02 is out, but there's nothing really to change.
I mean, all raw errors were already fixed in this mod (except for blind cave bear having eyes, gonna change it for 0.9)/

But graphics do not crash now... Doh. It means that there's a lot of work with tilesets now hehe.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

link6065

• Bay Watcher
  • Willist thou fight, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

hey im shane clark (for the author of the mod) and i want to play with this mod.. so please let me know if i installed it right. I put all the text files into objects willist rewriting many of the files present. i have a world generating and cant wait to start playing thanks!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:11 pm »

I'm trying to survive this mod. Turns out there's no home civ for me, so there won't be any migrants, the underground sounds dangerous as hell and one of my Miners is suffering from Black Lung.

And daaaamn I don't wanna update the mod because I managed to get 15 dwarves, a nice embark site and didn't die in the first five minutes. Like hell I'm giving up this site.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:32 pm »

I'm trying to survive this mod. Turns out there's no home civ for me, so there won't be any migrants, the underground sounds dangerous as hell and one of my Miners is suffering from Black Lung.

And daaaamn I don't wanna update the mod because I managed to get 15 dwarves, a nice embark site and didn't die in the first five minutes. Like hell I'm giving up this site.
Well, your playing Deon's mod, what did you expect? Magical flying ponies to kiss you everytime a rock falls on your shirt?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2010, 12:34:46 am »

Hey, is this compatible with 31.02?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2010, 02:08:44 am »

As I said, it is. The only "problem" is that I have to fix blind cave bears and I haven't actually tried to launch it with 0.31.02, however all other Toady One's changes for 0.31.02 regarding raws were already made by me.

Anyway, I will patch up 0.9 today and after that I start doing graphics. So there will be no more save-incompatibility.

hey im shane clark
Hello Shane Clark. You're right, you have to overwrite all the text files in /raw/objects with the files from the archive you download. You will see the difference when you start a new game because there will be new civilizations instead of "humans" and "elves".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2010, 02:18:56 am »

*smiles in anticipation*
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 642