Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231587 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- V. 1.72: fixed ants' heads; cave tortoises can breed; added display case building.

Enjoy :). It shouldn't break saves for those who already play, but you just won't get the display case (you need to generate a new world for this).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah but they still won't do it because it uses Throwing skill.

That reminds me, has anyone else noticed their Obsidian dwarves getting skill points in Throwing?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I saw all the people mentioning the mod and I had to look there.

And: Totally blown there.

Although I don't see the point of so many strange castes/races and load of plants (I know, diversity, but two [2] hundred? Wow...) in one mod, still: You get handshake, a sugar-encrusted cookie and surplus of ten internets, sir!

And I just love those small, lovely things like 'Philosopher's Garden'. Same goes for pitchblende 'radiation'. Simply awesome.

Bravo :3 You don't mind if I with butcher the mod and just take a few things for my own, personal DF, no? xD

Not it occurs to me, that either you're no-life or some RAWs guru, as I'm still struggling to understand things there xD
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod is overwhelming,  Damn plants :P I cant plant above ground (And i tried mudding marble (it was exposed to the sun) And no seeds available :c)

Edit: I've also been getting 2-3 different merchants with each trade session (Like, I'll have a band of humans and elves show up at the same time, or two different race of elves showing up at the same time)

stolide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not it occurs to me, that either you're no-life or some RAWs guru, as I'm still struggling to understand things there xD

With a bit of reading, I was able to make four creatures using syndromes in half an hour, as the first mod I have ever done for any game (The leeches and paralyzing "harmless" minnows I made are in this mod now). If you read the wiki, most of the things in raws become easy to understand.
Under the somber sleep of stones, a star is snuffed by a candle.

As Urist McKant Said, "I must act according to the maxim such that I can will that maxim to destroy everything beloved to me at the flip of a lever."

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
1.7.1 glitch
« Reply #995 on: May 14, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »

[This glitch is on 1.7.1 not the newest mod] If i go ANYWHERE it says "fatal error nemesis unit failed to load S.T.A.R.SSS [sorry i just had to add that S.T.A.R.SSSS why?because the first thing i thought when i saw nemesis unit was resident evil 3]

Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

[This glitch is on 1.7.1 not the newest mod] If i go ANYWHERE it says "fatal error nemesis unit failed to load S.T.A.R.SSS [sorry i just had to add that S.T.A.R.SSSS why?because the first thing i thought when i saw nemesis unit was resident evil 3]
It's in DF since 2d version. It means that your save has been corrupted and the game doesn't know why. We feared of this error for the last few years and nobody knows why it happens, even Toady One (and it happens in non-modded game too).

The mod is overwhelming,  Damn plants :P I cant plant above ground (And i tried mudding marble (it was exposed to the sun) And no seeds available :c)

Edit: I've also been getting 2-3 different merchants with each trade session (Like, I'll have a band of humans and elves show up at the same time, or two different race of elves showing up at the same time)
A few tips about plants:
1) If you mud marble (or any rock) it means that you're trying to farm in a MOUNTAIN biome, but there're no mountain plants in df (they do not grow on rock). You should mud underground soil or farm in the caverns (where all soil is a mud by default).
2) Find a murky pool, mine a square near/under it and breach the wall. Let the water pour out, then close the hole with a wall/door. The muddy room for a farm is ready.

And yeah, you have many traders, but note that animals cannot carry two elephants and three houses at the same time, so each of them brings less than common caravans.

I saw all the people mentioning the mod and I had to look there.

And: Totally blown there.

Although I don't see the point of so many strange castes/races and load of plants (I know, diversity, but two [2] hundred? Wow...) in one mod, still: You get handshake, a sugar-encrusted cookie and surplus of ten internets, sir!

And I just love those small, lovely things like 'Philosopher's Garden'. Same goes for pitchblende 'radiation'. Simply awesome.

Bravo :3 You don't mind if I with butcher the mod and just take a few things for my own, personal DF, no? xD

Get all you want :). Note that said pitchblende poisoning is off for now, and the black lung is a minor nuisance because I've got too many whining when they were strong (oh god my dwarves are in pain and vomit blood what do I do). It's easy to "fix" though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.73 ϟ] - psychiatrists!
« Reply #997 on: May 15, 2010, 07:59:37 am »

- V. 1.73: fixed hercinia/crow graphics; added psychiatrist noble.

Mayor/expedition leader no longer works with your sad workers. Psychiatrist noble does it instead :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

aurora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 15, 2010, 02:17:28 pm »

Cool. Can't wait to use it! Just wish we didn't have to wait for the next DF version any longer. Sounds like he has the pc version done but Toady's working on Mac and Linux versions... not sure why the pc people have to wait too but oh well.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 15, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »

ONE THOUSAND OF REPLIES!!!!!

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2010, 02:22:16 pm »

i guess it won't work with th 1.71 save?

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

Oh lawdy.  So all this time i been gettin pissed off and it was the games fault for lying to me? >_> <_< I should have just built the farms like i normally do, but nooo i wanted to try something newww...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 15, 2010, 03:54:27 pm »

i guess it won't work with th 1.71 save?
It will, you just won't have new nobles and stuff, but all latest versions are compatible because I just add stuff and do not remove what's already there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #1003 on: May 15, 2010, 03:59:47 pm »

First, I'd like to say thanks for putting me on the contributions page. ;)

Second, this mod is very expansive and very well done, you get many gold stars from my side.

Third, seeing as I get bored with vanilla dwarf fortress easily, I'm going to play your mod!

Lastly a couple questions. Is slade still unmineable? Is there anything I could work on for my guide to help you out, (I doubt you need it...) better yet, is there a specific field you ran into that was the hardest to deal with and would greatly help other people with modding as much as you have?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:20 pm »

Uhm, no, the most difficult thing is to find out something cool which was not invented yet. And slate is not mineable, but just because I rarely get that deep and I have no intention in mining it.

Thanks for your comment :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 642