Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231727 times)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An expedition leader now has [ELECTED] token which means that if he dies, he will be re-elected during a year

You're going to re-elect a zombie dorf???

ONCE A MAYOR, ALWAYS A MAYOR

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally vote for the zombie mayor.  Then I'll never have to sit through another liason meeting.  I'll just have to walk by and hear the "BARAAAHAHAHA MY BRAINS MY BRAINS MY BRANS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and sigh in contnemtnt,  Would want to place him a bit away from the main populous though,  Would have alot of "has been unhappy due to noise and having someone try to eat her brain"...  Then again what would the mandates be like? "Bring me the next migraint you get, I shall feast upon his entrails."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You've got the idea though so it's ok.

For some reason I can't get this installed right. I inserted the graphics edition into my DF 2010 folder and it gave me errors. (I downloaded the mayday 2010, maybe that's it?

1) Download and install DF 0.31.03
2) Unpack the mod archive into the DF folder.
3) Play.

It produces no errors, I've just checked it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Btw, Going with the zombie mayor thing, I just genned a world with the gold graphics pack,  "Brook:  DreamyMerchants the Infected Princess"

Say wa now?

BTW: Your mod needs its own wiki in and of itself...  So many new things I must learn about.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:41:23 pm by Krimson »

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep up the great work, Deon.

Seems like you're king of the modding hill. :D

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

YUSSS

I AM HAPPEH SOUL
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silly typo i found:
   [NAME:cave tortoise:cave turtles:cave tortoise]

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile

Got mobbed by a host of forest spiders.  I was thirsty by the time I was able to take a turn, and by then, at least one of the spiders was named.  After I left (without killing the spiders) the "-" symbol showed up on the map.  I'm excited to find out whether this means that I've somehow created a legendary duel.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With 1.7, I've got two expedition leaders.  Only one shows up on the noble screen as the leader, but both have expedition leader as their profession.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's probably because second one was elected... There's a Multiple Mayor Bug in DF 0.31.03 so when one is elected old one does not lose his title, but I am not sure what's worse: multiple leaders which allow you to assign nobles even if one dies, or no ability to assign nobles if one dies.

Silly typo i found:
   [NAME:cave tortoise:cave turtles:cave tortoise]
Thank you, I will fix it. You won't see it in the game because their caste name is correct, but better make it right :).

P.S. I've read now that all of the mayors will make mandates... I will just remove their ability to demand stuff until the bug is fixed. I will release a small fix soon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:21:37 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile

Hey i think i know why there was very little animals/creatures/monsters in the last mod for me there was too many firebirds and the firebirds killed alot of things.
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting bug... ahaha.

Snakemen don't have CANOPENDOORS. Trapped in an inn! XD

Luckily quick travel exists. :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh god, how could I forget :). That needs a fix asap, or you will defend with doors :P.

Also I plan a massive raw rework for the next version. Now all creatures will be in appropriate files (i.e. creature_genesis_canine.txt, creature_genesis_bird.txt etc.). I've already started and I saw that my creatures are a bit... one-sided. I mean there're specific creatures of one type but there're no creatures of the same type which seem logical.

So I will add more critters for the next version. For example, there's a giant eagle but no common eagles. There will be eagles now. Also I've already added tapirs, rhinos and giraffes for tropical savannas.

I plan to organize files to make Direforged adaptation easier.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile

Hey deon what does coke do?
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's a fuel for furnaces.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Coke

Quote from: wiki
The two sub-types of fuel are charcoal and coke, and they are identical for in-game purposes, even if they come from different sources and have different in-game names. Whenever you see "fuel", "refined coal" or "coal" in-game, those refer to either  charcoal or coke - they are interchangeable, and either one will serve the same purpose, as fuel for the desired activity. (Bituminous coal is not the same as "coal", and does not refer to fuel, but can be used to create fuel at a smelter.)

Source: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Coke#ixzz0nnfl90HE
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 642