Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227910 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [v.06]
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2010, 02:43:14 am »

You can check it in arena by enabling cave blobs which are liquid-in-a-skin. As soon as anything damages the liquid through skin, they are dead.
Btw, what does tag [ARENA_RESTRICTED]? Removes creature from arena spawn list or disables fortress mode spawning?
It simply means you can't spawn it in arena mode. prevents !!Spoilers!!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:50 am »

Hey Deon, why don't you make different castes of dragons, ala DND, like changing vanilla dragons to have red scales and yellow eyes, and making the different colored ones have different breath attacks? If you don't have the time, I would love to help!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:01 am »

Sure, I have somewhat limited time. Today is my day-off but it means that I have time to play with my son, so any help is very welcomed :P.

By the way, I release .07 shortly, and if you can help with dragons, I will immediately include your changes. Also I am adding spider changes based on Caesar's ideas.

Also I think it's about time to start a "credits" section in the first post, some people contribute a lot with their ideas (you know who I am talking about) ;).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:32:56 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:58 am »

Hey Deon, I just need a little bit of help for making breath attacks for the dragons(read: complete nooby tutorial)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:28 am »

Eh, breath attacks are good for poison only. I should experiment myself with them more before writing tutorials :).

Version .07 is up.. It's mostly a "vanilla bug fix" release plus some additions and tweaks,

No major races' changes still because I was playing around with weapons, but surface/attack/penetration should be better balanced now.
Also wesmans' macemen now use "war scepeters" and are called "paladins".

Also there're now mountain and forest spiders (blood spider and forest spider creatures) and all spiders were tweaked using Caeser's ideas (bigger females, smaller and more abundant males). Also spiders have better body (8 eyes, mandibles, attack with mandibles, mandibles cut and not bash) in comparison to vanilla GCS. Mountain spider ("blood spider") does not have web to make it a bit less scary.

I included all changes from this thread, so now quarry bush leaves and all meat is edible when cooked, creature child naming bugs are fixed, bodypart relation bugs from vanilla are also fixed, birds have feathers on their wings and horn silver appears properly.

Use [ Mirror ] to download it, DFFD is very slow for some reason today.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:46:58 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [v.07]
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2010, 05:53:39 am »

So... No hamster people? *pouts*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2010, 06:06:55 am »

I don't mind to add more creature variations (molepeople, hamsterpeople, wombat-men).

However I have to work on major parts (like fleshing out current creatures and weapon fixing) now :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:00 am »

Is there anything you need help with? Im no expert modder but I have loads of free time so I could give it a go :P
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [v.07b]
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:27 am »

Sure, any underground beasts or creature variations are welcome!

Also, download .07b please.

I screwed spiders in .07 :P. Sorry. Now they can bite properly.

As a bonus and a small excuse, there's now undead-like creature "lost adventurer" found in caves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 06:55:50 am »

I would very much like to be added into the "people who are playing this" list.

Also can we have DnD revenants?They should work interestingly.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 07:11:20 am »

I could help, if you remember from the last versions a made some mini mods and one major mod (Dark Tower) But right im still in the  :o stage. I could help though.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 07:49:23 am »

Casar's ideas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No offence taken, it just irritates me all the way to armok's lil' magma-submerged palace if people type my name wrong.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 08:32:08 am »

Annoying, isn't it? :P

Just a typo, sorry man.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:09 am »

Version .08 is released.

New animals: white lion (tundra, glacier), rabbit (temperate, tundra, taiga, glacier), mammoth (tundra, glacier), mountain lion (mountain)
New cavern horrors: mummy
New megabeasts: balor

Glaciers and cold regions should be more interesting now. I will add more generic critters later, but at least now nords normans have something to hunt. Also with mountain lions and blood spiders you do not get "Mountain Goat Monopoly(c)" in mountain regions.

Quote from: Lofn
Have you considered some out-there elementals or golems?  Lead elementals whose touch is poison, coal elementals who breathe coal dust, rot elementals who are wreathed in miasma and decay organic material, etc etc.
Sorry, I somehow missed your post.
Great idea on elementals with different effects... I will definitely look into it in future development and once it's in you'll recieve a credit for that.

P.S. uhuh, I have a great desire to call normans "nords", because this is what they used to be. Do you guys mind if I rename the race? I just love the word "nord" :).

P.P.S. Yay. 125 total downloads from the main DL site. I hope you guys enjoy! ^_^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:39:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

orcishwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [v.08]
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:41 am »

Yeah i think you should change "Normans" to nords, but so far I've been playing for a full day straight and i think the mod is awesome!! I've just been playing adventure mod though haven't tried dwarf fort mode though i would assume that it is just as awesome!!!!!!!   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:15:30 am by orcishwarrior »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 642