Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230454 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, when is the Phoebus version coming?

Till then, I use the Ironhand for Adventurer to antagonize enemies, will slaughtering 90% of a settlement in Adventurer mod have an effect on a following Fortress mod played with the same dwarf entiry? Also, I added [UTTERANCES] to centaurs and beastmen, yet they keep showing up as "a centaur the centaur" in my kills screen, even kobolds get names postmortem...what am I doing wrong?
Technically, your civ is naming them.

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weeeeeellllll...

Pheobus? Can I prase haz pheobus??? :3
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, when is the Phoebus version coming?

Till then, I use the Ironhand for Adventurer to antagonize enemies, will slaughtering 90% of a settlement in Adventurer mod have an effect on a following Fortress mod played with the same dwarf entiry? Also, I added [UTTERANCES] to centaurs and beastmen, yet they keep showing up as "a centaur the centaur" in my kills screen, even kobolds get names postmortem...what am I doing wrong?
Technically, your civ is naming them.

When I kill a kobold wrestler, it will appear as Kajulidif the kobold in the kill list. In fortress mode, it's name is visible all along.
When I kill a centaur, it appears as I wrote. The only difference is that the Kobold entity doesn't have    [TRANSLATION:GOBLIN]. Deleted it, testing now...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am playing Genesis since a few weeks now and I love it.

I would like to know though, if Genesis works with the map generator thingy (to get a map with lots and lots of volcanoes  :o ) and reveal.exe.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I would like to know though, if Genesis works with the map generator thingy (to get a map with lots and lots of volcanoes  :o ) and reveal.exe.

Genesis is a mod to the original game, which means that it did not change making the land and anything related to it, just everything in it  ;D .

It works with the above in short, just hit up the advanced world generator!

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Genesis is a mod to the original game, which means that it did not change making the land and anything related to it, just everything in it  ;D .

It works with the above in short, just hit up the advanced world generator!
But reveal.exe doesn't work, right?
At least I can't get it to work...

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last i checked reveal wasent up to date i think dfhack has a reveal in it but honestly prospector is more useful.

Deon will zombies be hostile to all? i hate this crap where the sieges are friendly towards each other yet they slaughter each others diplomats. I cant wait till my fortress is overrun by the living dead from the invaders! but i want to be able to use them to kill the invaders also!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

As far as I know, the vampires won't suck vampires' blood, and resurrected dwarves won't attack resurrected dwarves, etc. So a creature affected by the same curse won't harm each other (but there may be bugs :P).

They won't be just zombies. They will be reanimated arms, legs and wings of your enemies. Have you seen the Reanimator movie? :P
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as i can use them for my death pit i'll be happy! also throw some more building destroyer titles around for the undead more drawbridges!

I remember pitting orcs and goblins into a room filled with undead i hope i can now create my own undead so the beastmen can see their own leader killing them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, and the killed one will be raised as undead too, so it would make the trap stronger each time it works.

Also I've just got me Dungeons of Dredmor, a small break from the routine!

And I've started a Dungeons of Dredmor giveaway, check the Other Games forums for the raffle.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making a zombie type infection spread would be awesome also.

My ranged military is like the 20 fucking stooges--my death pit has become an interruption pit because out of 20 fucking dwarves 3 of them have the right ammo type, the rest either dont have any goddamn ammo at all or they got the wrong ammo. The best thing is they'll load up a fucking quiver then drop it and have the wrong dwarf type pick it up--NEVER HAVE BOW/XBOWDWARVES JUST PICK ONE AND SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE!

They are explicitly told BOW WITH ARROWS and stupid fucking athair the forever recruit IS CARRYING A CROSSBOW WITH NO QUIVER. Tempted to just update to the fix and create another fortress so i can create just crossbow dwarves.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just strip them and make the squad from scratch. If you tried to combined bows/xbows ONCE, it may bug the whole squad.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

DEON I LOVE YOU! THE ELVES ARE ATTACKING ME FOR THE FIRST TIME! FOR THE FIRST TIME!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Yeah, and the killed one will be raised as undead too, so it would make the trap stronger each time it works.

that reminds me. GOT TO PUBLISH MY ADDON to Genesis.
though I'm really REALLY confuse on how to write up the README file for it.
Code: [Select]
the content should run on it's own after
the person downloads Dfhackr8
then replace the onfunction folder with my modded one
then run DF normally and go to the new command window that's connected to DF
type "dfusion" into it
then Type "11".
but after that should I talk about Runes them selves?
or about how one needs to stick the pack's Raw folder contents into the Raw folder?
Or do I try to spend more time working on getting Adventure mode spells up to par? because after fiddling with teleportation it kinda broke all Adventure mode based commands.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

Deon: After bugtesting by adding one raw file at a time, I have discovered what makes Genesis (ASCII version) crash when the "objects" folder in the Mac OSX version of vanilla Dwarf Fortress is replaced with the "objects" folder of the ASCII version of Genesis (a process which works fine to install Genesis into DF on other operating systems).

In the file creature_savage_normal.txt, there is an entry for the Dire Badger ([CREATURE:GIANT_BADGER]). This entry, when removed, allows the Mac version of Genesis (vanilla DF with its objects folder replaced with ASCII Genesis' objects folder) to run normally (it crashes otherwise). Could you take a look at the raws and see if there's anything irregular in that specific creature's entry? For your convenience I've put them below:

Spoiler: Dire Badger raws (click to show/hide)
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 642