Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230509 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'm saw some Mango Wood wood in my wood stockpile.
Thanks, it will be easy to fix.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

I'm saw some Mango Wood wood in my wood stockpile.
Yo dawg....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woops, I said rock arrows the first time, but bolts the second, still.

You also need to assign the rocktip arrows/bolts in the ammo screen and ensure no one else has them saved--i was forced to separate my bow and xbow dwarves because they kept using each others ammo but once i made 2 squads and assigned them rocktip ammo they used it. Be warned the bolts are horrible and will take forever to actually do damage as in literally 1000 rocktip arrows/bolts to kill a single unarmored demon/beastman. I use my ranged dwarves as a stand off equalizer rather then an actual strike force--if the enemy is to powerful to fight they whittle them down from safety.

Demons are absurdly powerful same with illithids they move fast as hell and even when thrown into a pit filled with war dogs and cave crocs a single lust demon killed 14 unarmed out of literally 60 animals.

I cannot, for the life of me, find rocktip bolts in the ammunition -> materials screen. They are not even listed in the bolts that I CAN give my dwarves. I've tried forbidding all ammo EXCEPT the rock bolts, but that still does not work... Bug maybe?

P.S. Does anyone mind answering my second question, about the sieges. Cheers.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its not in the material section its a type it will be (foreign) under the other ammo types when you hit the 'add' menu. Technically your dwarves should include all available ammo types since they use the other foreign ammo when available.

I've had orcs and nords siege me in other versions but not yet in 3.25k--i've had snakemen siege me in multiple versions and it usually sucked haha fuck nagas and their multiple shields/weapons.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep they are considered foreign because you can not directly produce them, only though reaction :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm going to release a genesis-compatible version of my troll mod soon.

I mean, the mod was compatible before, but this version includes all the features of Genesis. All I need to do is the "replace whip skill with halberd skill" stuff and do testing to see how well it works then I'm releasing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So far in working on two teleportation for fort mode and I only got up to accidentally trapping creatures on to a tile and causing the game to slow down a lot.
Should I continue working on Teleportation or just place it on hold for other types of item manipulation like zombism and or charming folks?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It would be great if you shared it more obviously and provided instructions for others :). Many people can't understand what are you talking about.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

It would be great if you shared it more obviously and provided instructions for others :). Many people can't understand what are you talking about.
I can't.

Spoiler: DF name generator... (click to show/hide)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God damnit save scummed like 30 times doing trial and error because literally everything went wrong and my multiple fail safes failed so a siege is at my front door beyond all my defenses. Every time i get a little closer to defeating them and when i finally defeat them my dwarves are swarming outside to get the booty from a slaughtered elven caravan while my military struggles to kill these stupid 2 friggin lust demons who fell in the moat and apparently are from the matrix and oh! there was an ambush to.....

Knew i should have finished my main combat entrance instead of relying on my goddamn back door! the demons are outrageous 20 dwarves with over 12 elite ranged dwarfs peppering 2 naked demons from the moat lip and its pages of *dodge* *block*. I also have 68 war animals and they are literally never where they need to be--their supposed to be a buffer for my dwarfs in case of an ambush so the dwarves can run while the war animals occupy the invaders.

My ranged dwarf squads made my ammo go from 1600 to 500 with only 4 dead demons out of 9 enemys in my death pit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

my dwarves are swarming outside to get the booty from a slaughtered elven caravan
Ahem, you can just mass-forbid the outside field so nobody wants to get anything from there.

My ranged dwarf squads made my ammo go from 1600 to 500 with only 4 dead demons out of 9 enemys in my death pit.
Are you using metal bolts? Because cheap to get rockptip arrows are... Sharpened rocks. And those do not puncture demon hides well. And they have armor too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is pretty awesome.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I can't figure out what to do with "leather" of birds. For now it produces suede, but I would like to get feathers instead... What could we do with feathers? Decorations? "Feathered" cloth?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Feathered hats are always a plus, and I can only invision a Dwarf with a pimp hat with a Roc feather on it. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah i claimed all the stuff to cause my dwarves to swarm out haha normally my military would have been there to protect them but a point blank demon ambush means your taking casualties. I can see rocktip arrows/bolts being inferior but they should be the same quality as bone and the current death model means that if you dont cause bleeding your screwed. If it was just made from all stone i can see it doing what it currently does but its merely a wooden shaft with a stone head on it so it should pierce naked flesh.

I'd love to be able to make glass/gem tipped arrows/bolts which would cause alot of lacerations but be prone to armor protection.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 642