Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231599 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ah, I dumped it because it was not very neat for an eye, although I can easily make a version with it. It's Ranting Rodent's tiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im having one outstanding issue with this mod: it crashes randomly

i embarked on 3x3 + volcano
4 years of crow harrasment (i turned sieges off) and it started to crash (i though it was happening because i lost my exp leader)
couldnt do much, reclaimed, and it was fine

Untill now. Again im getting  crashed. One time it is 1 month after last save, sometimes 4 or more

im suspecting that some broken creature is trying to spawn on my map

solutions?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have something in the errorlog? Did you mod anything in the files?  If not, IIRC, I may have read something like this on the bug tracker.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've tested all creatures and I don't think that I changed them during version changes. I will try to test them all this weekend. Anyway, there are random crashes in 0.31.03 and I've expierenced them a lot on vanilla DF on some forts, but other forts were stable. It's just not patched yet. But I will check the creatures just in case.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, the weird thing is that it happens only after the fort is 2 or more years old

are there any modded events taking place after such a period of time?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The short answer is no. The only "moddable events" are megabeasts and I think they work. As I said I'll check it.

The long answer that it may be anything, starting with some creature bug which I can fix and ending with a game behaviour which I cannot fix and we should wait for Toady One to do so... Or we should just generate a different world which works.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im suspecting that some broken creature is trying to spawn on my map

I've just had a game crash after a grimeling showed up. Might that be it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Try to spawn a grimeling on an arena and see. I am pretty sure I didn't touch them and you're trying to find an explanation where there's none :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. I came online, kinda grumpy after losing about an hour's work on my fort and read too much into the coincidence of someone else having problems.

Jesus though, what a year. Attacked by a trio of gargoyles within a couple of second of embark, burnt the map down, had another couple of gargoyles crush both hands of a fish cleaner (got to use her teeth now?), lost a Steel dwarf to a landshark, got surprised by some MORE gargoyles, and then went on a gorilla-killing spree because they have the same symbol as gargoyles and it was making me jumpy seeing them there. Then a grimeling shows up and crashes the game!

Well, if I'm lucky, I might've saved prior to losing the dwarf. Sort of a "One Free Savescum" card.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry to hear that :(.
There're people reporting problems with crashes during succession games so I hope it has to do nothing with the mod.

Then a grimeling shows up and crashes the game!
I've just checked and grimelings work just fine. It was something else.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

huh just to let you know, which dwarven castes you get seems connected to where you fortress is, i'm in a savage biome, with an expansive underground base, and mostly ll I have a stone, moss, and aspid dwarves.  Previously I was on a glaciar and all I had were frost dwarves with a few mushroom.  both fortresses are at 25 dwarves so far...
Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

which dwarven castes you get seems connected to where you fortress is
You make yourself to think like that :). Castes are connected to population ration only.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a little orc ambush met several incoming traders and all the magic users started slinging fire at each other.
the biome is as dry as it gets.

so, this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(that's basically what all of the forest areas you can see on the minimap look like)

after several minutes, all of my forest was consumed. rain is disabled due to dwarf-melting issues.
and did i mention the two caravans, two ambushes and some of my dorfs not being able to escape the bush fire?

really, i love you.
it has been a while there was that much fun in one of my fortresses.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Y'know, the dwarves probably hate the obsidians way more than the gloomers by now.

Personally, I like to throw a little Fear Of God into nature, and other civs from time to time, so I'm a big fan of them.

How come lady shroom-dwarves have such low willpower, Deon?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i noticed that caravans are nerfed alot

which is mostly good, i hate dumping all that elven stuff, but one might think that getting 3 flux stones per year max is a bit too much
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 642