Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231162 times)

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon...I finished my Mod-Mod for Genesis.  Please send me a PM or something so we can get at link setup on the first page.  Thanks brotha.

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im not sure if its just my game or a bug but when you try to play as a forgotten beast on adventure mode it crashes the game, although i have to give you props, good job on the mod
This is DF.  The concept 'good idea' and the concept 'safe' do not belong together in the same sentence.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I looked up the wiki, but it doesn't say much about new additions and modifications to existing armor and weapons. In a nutshell, what's new? What's this mod's ideal armor set for maximum coverage?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

im not sure if its just my game or a bug but when you try to play as a forgotten beast on adventure mode it crashes the game, although i have to give you props, good job on the mod

I... I think forgotten beast adventurers aren't a part of the mod, so that may be duped raws >_>

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...... that's a bit strange..... ill go through the raws and try to figure out whats causing it... btw im guessing that cave dragons aren't either huh lol
This is DF.  The concept 'good idea' and the concept 'safe' do not belong together in the same sentence.

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

alright its fixed, just forgot to remove some old mod data

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having lot's of fun with your great mod here.

I just found out what to do with those useless prisoners in cages.
Put em in meat grinder. :)

Strip your unfriendly prisoners of armor and assign them to pasture with a serrated disc trap.
Flying limbs and guts everywhere. Lot's of FUN :))

also it's a good way to get those demon bones for your bolts.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:59:59 am by DorfMeister »

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you by any chance do something with ashery workshop?

I noticed that my dorfs tend to use buckets with water to store lye. So now I have a workshop cluttered with dozens of useless buckets.
Dorfs stop using them to drink cause of lye inside and don't use them in soap production cause of water.

How about changing the workshop to use barrels and pots instead?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Could you by any chance do something with ashery workshop?

I noticed that my dorfs tend to use buckets with water to store lye. So now I have a workshop cluttered with dozens of useless buckets.
Dorfs stop using them to drink cause of lye inside and don't use them in soap production cause of water.

How about changing the workshop to use barrels and pots instead?

Try dumping the water from inside the bucket. Fixes that but you now have an uncleanable water spill!

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if this works that's only makeshift solution not a remedy.

Would rather use pots or even jugs for lye making but don't know how to mod this.

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile

Deleting the /data/ and /raw/ folders and replacing them with Deon's versions works fine for me on Linux. The same should carry over to Mac.

Again, this works fine until it gets to the main menu, at which point I get a bunch of "Object 0xblah of class blah autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking - break on objc_autoreleaseNoPool() to debug and finally a segmentation fault in dwarfort.exe.
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I looked up the wiki, but it doesn't say much about new additions and modifications to existing armor and weapons. In a nutshell, what's new? What's this mod's ideal armor set for maximum coverage?

I'm not sure how ideal it is, or if the layering has been messed around with, but here is the setup I go with.  I am playing with TomiTapio's additions.

Metal Items:
Masked Helm (the only helm that offers 100% coverage)
Cap
BreastPlate
Mail Shirt
Greaves
Gauntlets
High Boots

Leather Items:
Hooded Cloak
Tunic
Trousers
Gloves

Cloth Items:
Socks

I try to keep all of my metal armors at Steel, comparable or better:  Steel, Moon Silver, Sun Gold, Black Steel, Red Steel, Mithril, or Adamantine.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

here's the latest evolution expansion for Genesis

this is Evolution 1.1

So far this includes dwarf tier 2 and needs Dfhack r6 to run properly and to install and run the special feature you need to stick the Onfunction folder contain in dfhack r6 in a backup folder and replace it with the modify version in the pack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Awsome mod as always!
Have you ever considered giving Orcs nuchakus instead of warhammers?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Awsome mod as always!
Have you ever considered giving Orcs nuchakus instead of warhammers?

What about a quarterstaff or bo staff? Bashing weapon and is mostly underestimated by many people  :) as a weapon that is.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 642