Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231424 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, first post for me too. I've been playing DF for almost a year, but I wished to spice it up a bit with the Genesis additions. The thing is, every version I could get crashes with a blue screen of death upon embark. I've never seen such a thing with vanilla. I have Win XP SP3, if that helps. I've tried every version that has links in the first post, and even the old ones crash.

Any idea how to fix this?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Blue screen? Sounds like you have some problems with your hardware. How much RAM do you have?

Also it's night before the week, but I want to try to hurry and punch out a graphical version now...

Corvus: which instructions? You do not "install" this mod, you just download it and play.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2,4 Dual Core, 2 gbytes RAM, Geforce 9400GT - not the best tech on the market I understand, but I didn't have any problems with regular DF.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Corvus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hmm, sorry, I mean the changes between vanilla DF and Genesis, a manual, not to install, to get the new things and such the scriptorium, the train dummie, the crucible and finall forge etc. Only asking if some good man has done the work.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There's a .chm file in the game folder. It should contain some explanations on workshops and reactions. Otherwise, the first post :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So technically all i gotta do is drag the arts/graphics from ironhand and change the ini file to reflect it and i should be able to have ironhand graphics with the latest mod yeah?

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So technically all i gotta do is drag the arts/graphics from ironhand and change the ini file to reflect it and i should be able to have ironhand graphics with the latest mod yeah?

No because the raws use the wrong images for it, so you'll end up with marble squares having the weapon rack icon.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

We need to recruit artists to make some Genesis concept art. :D

ps:try not posting any michelangelo paintings.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

My epic 1-woman army punched a dragon raptor in the head for 50 pages, killing it.

...After it killed 2 war dogs and toppled a few statues in my entrance.

I like this mod already.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No because the raws use the wrong images for it, so you'll end up with marble squares having the weapon rack icon.

wouldent just the new items appear weird with the old ones appearing normal or did that change?

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried half-assing that by simply dragging the tilesets over and make the ini use it. For some reason everything looks really dark and I didn't make it beyond a first dig after embark. So right now I'm just playing in ASCII until a graphic update shows.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25j ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix
« Reply #8081 on: October 10, 2011, 10:04:35 am »

Actually I've managed to assign all plants and rocks to Ironhand yesterday, so now it's just creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eagerly awaiting to get back into DF then get bored once again when i get 30fps--every time i hear someone talking about rocks i get urges..... QUICKLY LETS DIG! THERE COULD BE COPPER RIGHT BENEATH US!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Eagerly awaiting to get back into DF then get bored once again when i get 30fps--every time i hear someone talking about rocks i get urges..... QUICKLY LETS DIG! THERE COULD BE COPPER RIGHT BENEATH US!

If only I could get my stone to powder thing to work, I will never need to farm again.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently had an interesting start - it spammed "a cavern section has collapsed" every few ticks for the first few mins, and intermitantly after that.
According to stone sense, there is a large water filled cavern open to the larva at the lowest level, and much obsidian is being formed, however when the obsidian is formed with nothing below it (!!!;!O!;!!!) (!= larva) it imidiatally forms a cavein, so if the level above that is something like (O~O;O.O;...) then you continually drip water onto larva which turns into obsidian, which then caves in, untill you have drained the entire cave system 1 attention grabbing cave-in at a time.

I propose that unseen cave-ins a) don't generate a message and b) don't generate steam or dust (which, using stonesense, i notice a fair pile of)

(posted here not bug-reports, because i can't seem to create a new post in the bugs forum, and because my map was a genesis mod)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 642