Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231681 times)

PandaPudding

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I feel kinda stupid.

Im playing as a Void Master Illithid, and he started flying. Now I know they fly naturally over water and such, but mine started flying inside a building. I cannot go out the door, and I cannot pick up anything off the floor as the game says im one block above the ground. Help plz?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile

Alt + Movement Key, choose a choice that looks like 'West/Down' and confirm. Should put you back on the floor. Though how you started flying without using Alt movement to begin with is beyond me.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

have you tried hitting the > key that also works on getting the player down from the ground.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PandaPudding

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Yay! Thanks inEQUALITY for the help.

Rumrusher, I tried your method, but it didn't work. Maybe you're confusing it with how you press > or < to go down elevation levels in Dwarf Fortress mode?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yay! Thanks inEQUALITY for the help.

Rumrusher, I tried your method, but it didn't work. Maybe you're confusing it with how you press > or < to go down elevation levels in Dwarf Fortress mode?

That's how it works in adventurer mode, too.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

have you used the shift key at any point?
because that also will send you flying.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Zauren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't have that set already.

One of the crashes mentioned DEP though, and it won't let me set DF DEP-excepted. Could that be the cause?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7972 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:43 am »

You want all your files you intend to edit listed in the definitions file. At the same time you should make sur e that all listed files exist (which is not the case for your file; many of listed files were removed in 3.25i).

If you still are not able to figure it out, I will help you once I am back home from the factory (no access to my home pc from here).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zauren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still drowning in random crashes over here, now it's doing it during world gen too. But only sometimes. It's ruining me!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7974 on: September 21, 2011, 05:08:08 am »

is your errorlog.txt empty?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zauren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Impoverished Word Selector is in it, that's it

PandaPudding

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

One piece of advice.......Never sleep on an ice floe in the middle of an ocean. I did, and woke up incased in thick ice.

My godly character had finally died, even though he lost his legs, left arm, all of his face tentacles, his right hand, and with all of those losses, he also accomplished himself in the end. The killer of 6 Dragons, 5 Titans, and 3 Sea Serpents. Not to mention countless boogeymen. (I counted all of them, it was somewhere ranging in the three hundreds. This guy lasted me three actual days, and I was very surprised at this.) In the end, he did what he saw fit. He went to his eternal slumber, incased in the thick, cold ice of the Eternal Seas.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

raptors and monks seem to lead the end of most of my keep creatures.
though I learn today that one can't just burn someone to death to trigger the infection. It's has to start by murder straight up killing someone with your bare hands triggers the command to start.
I'm seeing if I can work in an auto companion by race so adventurers can recruit Infected keepers to be their slaves.
then I guess work up blueprints on adding keeper wolves and other supposed infection races to get their own keeper variances. usually this just means copy paste keeper again and change the name and descriptions and a few attacks from the infection race over.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Rumrusher, although I know which tools you use and partially understand what you are trying to say, sometimes it's really hard to get what do you mean.

Especially for the dudes who do not know how much of a wizard you are in DF :P. Could you explain your doings better? Of course if you don't feel like it, then fine, whatever :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

raptors and monks ambushes seem to lead the death of most of my keep.
though I learn today that the player can't just burn someone to death to trigger the infection(which is done through DFhack's Dfusion). It's has to start by murder(some how the code only accepts kills and not deaths don't know why) triggers the command to start.
I'm seeing if I can work in an auto companion(on kill will trigger a command to recruit creatures) by race so adventurers can recruit Infected keepers to be their(the keep or any adventurer's) slaves.
then I guess work up blueprints(on explaining how to modify and add other creatures and infection forms to genesis) on adding keeper wolves(werewolves) and other supposed infection races to get their own keeper variances. Usually this just means copy paste keeper again and change the name and descriptions and a few attacks from the infection race over(this is what I did to make the Infected Keeper race).

I hope this clears up some of what I said.
oh on the talk about wizards I have plans of adding them in the coding along with infected keepers, though I had to place them on hold until I figure out how to target certain parts of the body using material syndromes which then I could branch off the class of wizardry by mapping each type of magic to a body part (after the keeper turns into a wizard).
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 642