Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231530 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I like pixelart :P. And a clever solution which allows to use a single tile for a few different critters helps a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was wondering how you managed that. Or should I look up Ironhand's thread?

To be honest I do like graphics, I just don't have the time to make them for myself, so I stick to creatures with descriptive, or evocative names.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The background color is used to "complete" the picture. The magenta. So the things which you see as black are actual BLACK, not magenta. And magenta adds addidional "features" which may be "disabled" by setting background color to black, or enabled by setting background color to anything. You see, the real background is already black, so the only things chaged by the "background color" are magenta elements. In a similar way, by setting the foreground element to black you can leave only "background" elements on.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile

Woop!
Advertisement!

Thanks Deon.

If you guys want to keep up with me, the link's in my signature:

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So just to check here, if I embark in a spot that only has Dwarves, Dusk Elves, and Wesmans, as neighbors does that mean I will never be attacked unless I pissed one of them off since there are no goblins or orcs?

**Anyone tell me?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:53:11 pm by crazz2323 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yes, that's why I like to generate large worlds: they usually have all the races. I like to settle in areas with both goblinoids and serpentfolk.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

awesome work, Deon!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Talmanaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, can't get this to work  :-\

Every time I load up one of my files I get the error,

FATAL ERROR:

Missing Creature Definition: HUMAN

Please help, I've tried re-downloading, I've tried Save Game updating, Just wished it worked  :'(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

But this mod is not for vanilla, you have to generate a world in it before you start to play. There's no HUMAN creature.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Hey, Deon, why isn't my cave carp man in it? :C
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because I haven't made a sprite for him yet :). If you can draw one faster than me, I will use him immediately!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The castes thingy rocks, but it needs different in-game icons for castes, or some word like caste-name in 'u'nit list. Else it adds lots of micromanagement to get things done by-castes (useful nobles = jade, mil = steel or obsidian, etc).
Hope toady will add functionality for displaying different castes in different way.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, right now you have to go to their description to check it. Well, even different symbols instead of current mars/venus would be nice.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Finis sanctificat media.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

Um...  I can't read Cyrillic yet... (still working on it ;))

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 642