Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232593 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25h ϟ] - ASCII, grass update
« Reply #7845 on: September 04, 2011, 01:24:41 pm »

New creatures in the work, so you would understand what awaits you in evil-savage areas in the future:

I've completed only two castes for now (infectors and roaches), but more are in the work and they are totally unique.
I believe that maggots do not have eyes.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there anyplace where people have posted some nice worldgen seeds for genesis?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

New creatures in the work, so you would understand what awaits you in evil-savage areas in the future:

I've completed only two castes for now (infectors and roaches), but more are in the work and they are totally unique.
I believe that maggots do not have eyes.
It looks LIKE a maggot :). Not a maggot.

I was wondering if there's any good tilesets for this awesome mod? ;)
Yeah, the first post has the link to the previous version for tileset versions. The newest one will have a tileset version shortly.

Is there anyplace where people have posted some nice worldgen seeds for genesis?
With the amount of updates recently, I doubt it :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Sorry, my brain was on another pants when i was reading that. :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:56:49 pm by peskyninja »

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

My nature altar is only returning "seeds" when i sacrifice remains,this is normal?

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Deon, I have minor thing to report (with version d)

Hippo in genesis are very timid and will run from dwarves. In RL hippo is extremely ridiculously aggressive. This might be the ruin of many a fort, but I believe hippo deserve the [PRONE TO RAGE] tag.

magma11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just want to say I love this mod.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:41:42 pm by magma11 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hippo in genesis are very timid and will run from dwarves. In RL hippo is extremely ridiculously aggressive. This might be the ruin of many a fort, but I believe hippo deserve the [PRONE TO RAGE] tag.
Hippos are territorial beasts, they are aggressive to those who intrude in their territory. If a dwarf lands in the river filled with hippos, they die. If they see a dwarf that is not in the river but on land, they run? The last sentence should be wrong...

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not expert but I'm pretty sure hippos claim large areas of land as their nocturnal territory and are quite likely to chase anyone they see wandering around in it during the day. As long as they don't charge across the map like stupid badgers, then PRONE TO RAGE should be accurate.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

My nature altar is only returning "seeds" when i sacrifice remains,this is normal?
Thanks for the report, it's the result of the "plant overhaul" because I forgot to update the reaction :D.

Sounds legit to me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

No problem,thank you,for this mod!

EDIT: Deon,I've noticed that my dorfs are taking a lot of time to "burn remains" on the kiln this is normal? (they're not dabbling at furnace operator and potter skills.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:14:07 pm by peskyninja »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

No problem,thank you,for this mod!

EDIT: Deon,I've noticed that my dorfs are taking a lot of time to "burn remains" on the kiln this is normal? (they're not dabbling at furnace operator and potter skills.)
Check the clutter, if they're burning hides it's going to take 10x as long as it should.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

no clutter,only vermin remains (lizards or rats).

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, not sure if someone has pointed this out yet, but here's a minor bug.

Warrior Princesses are sometimes male...
it was rather disconcerting (though that made little difference as I ripped off his dick and laughed as he bled to death)

I have no idea why since the entity file clearly says [GENDER:FEMALE] in the position definition.
Nothing seems amiss in the caste definition in the creature raw

I've only seen this happen with the ezrakim elves though it could be happening with others and I just haven't seen it yet.

Still, this is an awesome mod, and I look forward to seeing more.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

World gen doesn't respect things like the GENDER or CREATURE_CLASS tokens for nobles. They work fine in-game, though. (Has anyone ever tried to make nobles with gender requirements for fort mode that you appoint? Does it work properly?)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 642