Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231497 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.61 ϟ] - plant tweaks' mania!
« Reply #780 on: May 04, 2010, 03:07:17 am »

urghh ... i hope the mayday version get's finished reaaaal soon.

It's released.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:12:54 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 04, 2010, 03:15:21 am »

It's released.

wow... just wow..

i think i'm getting a heart attack or a seizure.

this is sooo awsome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've left Sphr dwarven tiles, I hope it's ok. I did it because other creatures are of the same set/made for the same set so Mayday's "iconic" dwarves would look a bit out of place. I hope you're ok with that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've left Sphr dwarven tiles, I hope it's ok. I did it because other creatures are of the same set/made for the same set so Mayday's "iconic" dwarves would look a bit out of place. I hope you're ok with that.

well, the only thing i cared was the terrain. Mayday's terrain was far more nicer. Phebious's terrain has some problem with water and farm plots. it's just eye soreing. what i'm saying is that i am fine with that, and i hope all the others feel that way. :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:25:00 am by Esti »

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well i'll have to admit that using this mod, my fps got dramatically HIGH!

must be the df accelarater you included. i always failed applying the accelerater.

anyways. great thanks.

P.S. by th way, can you recolor Loamy sand OR the Farm plot?

it just looks exactly alike, so if you embark on a place with lots and lots of loamy sand,

you're basically screwed becase you really can't tell which is which.

i think some of us would also want the brownish color back for farm plot.

not current color between yellow and puking green.

aside from that, this is a masterpiece.

if you plan to update your mods, i hope you can do something about the colors too XD
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:53:46 am by Esti »

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Happiness time.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any variant to disallow dwarves (e.g. like damp/warm stones) to dig some certain things?
You now, lots of areas where i start got plenty of lignite. It's not fun for me, to get sick legendary miner after 20 minutes of game, when i do not even need this lignite/coal.
Also, i do not get one thing  - is that disease even curable? E.g., dorf comes to the hospital zone, but on the health screen i don't see any diagnosis request from him.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

well i'll have to admit that using this mod, my fps got dramatically HIGH!

must be the df accelarater you included. i always failed applying the accelerater.

anyways. great thanks.

P.S. by th way, can you recolor Loamy sand OR the Farm plot?

it just looks exactly alike, so if you embark on a place with lots and lots of loamy sand,

you're basically screwed becase you really can't tell which is which.

i think some of us would also want the brownish color back for farm plot.

not current color between yellow and puking green.

aside from that, this is a masterpiece.

if you plan to update your mods, i hope you can do something about the colors too XD
1) I didn't include df accelerator.
2) I didn't change farm plot color either :P. It must be Loamy Sand. I will check it.

Also, i do not get one thing  - is that disease even curable?
Right now DF has no way to cure diseases. And black lung is supposed to be chronical. Also it's not that bad now. You can get rid of it easy if you don't like it at all :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh sure! Now the Mike Mayday people come out of the wood work! Where where you when Deon asked what version we would like first, Mayday's or ASCII! I got out voted by those strange character people! :P You wouldn't of had to wait so log for the Mayday version! LOL I'm just kidding around! Thanks Deon, can't wait to crack into it after work today! It's modders like you that make having a PC awesome!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you for all the kind words. Now I will sit back and accept suggestions. I've decided to pick up my old poor forgotten comic "chronicles of Boatmurdered" so I will be busy with it for some time. Also I should add new plants and animals to the Wasteland mod which stopped growing for a while because I've focused on Genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you gonna steal my underground plants (all two of them at this point) as you suggested you were?  Maybe guide people back to my thread to add suggestions and ideas to my thread?

Honestly a mix of shameless bump and enjoying the fact that someone was interested in my mod ideas.  This Genesis mod looks interesting, but WAY too complicated for me.  Complicated mods are good for relatively simple games like Civ IV, not for Dwarf Fort, a game I have enough challenges enough with already.   :P
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 04, 2010, 12:51:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's released.

Ow, my eyes. Seriously, mayday walls and terrain are far too busy.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You're right, my bad. I've fixed the walls to be much less "busy", also soil walls are now easily distinguishable from soil floor (and farms):

Redownload and update your save raws, it doesn't break save compatibility.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, I am closely looking after the development of Ironhand's tileset.

So one day this will make it in the mod:

- more than 200 color variations from 1 tile!

<- A minnow/worm/snake, a squirrel and a toad ALL IN ONE TILE :P. This trick will allow to increase the number of graphical tiles at least twice.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh. I'm rather impressed actually, even though I rarely take an interest in graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 642