Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228495 times)

LonelyZues

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you so much. You guy are life saver. This help a lot.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Does this make it easier or harder to play?
Well, there's a bunch of new enemies and megabeasts, plus a bunch of new metals (learning them might take a bit of time). But then there are other changes, like most dwarves recovering a LOT faster (due to being stone dwarves). So it's kind of hardeasy.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Music

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ la
    • View Profile

Maybe I should finish learning how to play the not modded game. =)

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also jade dwarf immigrants have a crazy amount of skills. "Hi! I can do all the food jobs."","Legendary carpenter reporting for duty" etc.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a run in with a voidmaster... I had a squad of 6 axedwarves in cobalt gear, 2 of them legendary in skill and a high master with the rest between skilled and professional.

I managed to hurt the voidmaster enough for it to fly away. Now I have one legendary axedwarf left with frostbite on her right arm and the rest frozen to death after some absolute zero got splashed around.

So how to treat frostbite caused by the illithid spewing freezing cold stuff around? Any tips on dealing with these bastards?
Also any idea why the single dwarf survived with just her arm getting frostbite while the rest got it all over their bodies and died?

EDIT: Seems like the frostbite is spreading on the surviving dwarf, just taking a bit longer than on the others.

EDIT2: A low skilled armorsmith claims a forge in a fey mood... I get rather exited when he drags one of my few mithril wafers there amongst other things and I hope for some kickass artifact armor. The result: "Fikukison Atham Tharnas, Fieldplan the focus of Slayers, a mithril shoe"

A shoe... hooray.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:33:05 am by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a run in with a voidmaster... I had a squad of 6 axedwarves in cobalt gear, 2 of them legendary in skill and a high master with the rest between skilled and professional.

I managed to hurt the voidmaster enough for it to fly away. Now I have one legendary axedwarf left with frostbite on her right arm and the rest frozen to death after some absolute zero got splashed around.

So how to treat frostbite caused by the illithid spewing freezing cold stuff around? Any tips on dealing with these bastards?
Also any idea why the single dwarf survived with just her arm getting frostbite while the rest got it all over their bodies and died?
*snip*

When I see voidmasters I send all dorfs underground and marksdorfs to my dwarven AA batteries--Towers with fortifications and a sealed ceiling so voidmasters can't get in from above. I believe creatures don't use their breath attacks if they can't path to them, so your machinegundorfs can shoot them from safety and eventually drive them away. Or I just throw a couple of soap makers in front of them to distract them before my meleedorfs close in, they don't seem to use their breath attacks as much when they're already in melee contact. Shields block dragonfire, I don't think anything blocks absolute zero vapor.

Speaking of voidmasters, try playing as one in adventure mode. Although you can't use the breath attacks but you can fly above unsuspecting elfs and drop fireball arrows on their heads. :P Crazy fun.

EDIT: Grammar fail!

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that frostbite damage is unhealable. I hope you build a suicide booth.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The one legendary dwarf had the frostbite damage spread to his left lower arm, left hand, right hand, right lower leg and the right foot and all assorted fingers and toes. The damage seems to have stopped there and has not spread for atleast 6 months now but neither does it seem to heal.
The others exposed to the absolute zero attacks died shortly after, I have no idea why this one survived. He was completely covered in the liquid thingy that the attack sprays around and seems to have washed himself sometime after the attack but I don't think the washing was what saved him since it didn't happen fast enough...

Sorry if I'm ranting. I'd just love to be able to repeat whatever did protect the one survivor.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My adventure dude is retired after getting a few runins with some frostbreath and a few other permanent internal afflictions. Sad, but that is how it goes.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it would have something to do with the toughness or speed of healing of the dwarf?

I had a couple of melee dwarfs fall unconscious after getting sprayed with the stuff but they seemed to recover - I am on a hot embark so maybe the ambient temperature had an affect?  More vague conjecture and guesses to come later!

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Omg, the ambushes get totally crazy. Constant goblins, demons on the map. An now, a voidmaster invasion force. I also have a snakemen enemy, but not seen them yet. And waiting on the werewolves. Perhaps this is a bit to much.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Omg, the ambushes get totally crazy. Constant goblins, demons on the map. An now, a voidmaster invasion force. I also have a snakemen enemy, but not seen them yet. And waiting on the werewolves. Perhaps this is a bit to much.
Yeah it's pretty far from "goblins come once a year". But no worries, enemy civs' attacks can be turned off very easily if want only, say, snakemen and flayers. (by deleting their progress triggers)
I see way too few snakemen..
I recommend having many fine weapon traps :´)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was using cage traps. Those are now filled to capacity...

Edit:
Those mephit pets are pretty frustrating, at least I think it is them. Somehow stuff tends to get damaged by them walking around over it.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I usually just butcher any mephits I get. Naturally that only works if they're not pets, in those situations you need to be more creative. ;)

Also about the whole absolute zero thing.
The survivor was a jade dwarf with "She is very rarely sick and quick to heal" in her stats, but there was atleast one legendary steel dwarf amongs the dead and I think atleast one moss dwarf, so... Well I have no idea what the difference in healing rate etc is between a a steel dwarf and a quick to heal jade dwarf.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:10:29 am by Daff »

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, but I just lost a lot of masterwork bins. Getting mephits as pets is very frustrating. Editing the raws to make them exotic pets should fix this right? And during a running game I will not get any new ones then right?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:45:30 am by soyweiser »
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 642