Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229304 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

I can rework the S ones a bit, if you'd like.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

And some go against some words I actually know:

Wind - Ka

As in Katana (wind sword) and Kamakaze (Divine Wind)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And some go against some words I actually know:

Wind - Ka

As in Katana (wind sword) and Kamakaze (Divine Wind)
I don't know about wind sword, but kaze or fuu is probably the translation that would fit best. Fuu would give closer results for naming your dudes, but kaze is probably a lot more familiar to most, and it would work better when used as a "general word" for wind than as part of a given name.

He probably went with taifuu because it was labeled as WIND_STORM in the raws, but I think the STORM part was more or less just to distinguish between the weather wind and winding clocks.

In game, when you have a name like Urist SweetWind or something, the "wind" part is general enough that it doesn't necessarily need to pertain to storms only, and that a translation for just wind in general is okay.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:30:42 am by Patchouli »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, theres alot of that in the raws

Whend vs Waind

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile

Not to be a party-killer, but you do know that julmust is non-alcoholic, right? Its name translates as "christmas drink" sort of and it was developed exactly 100 years ago in southern Sweden by a very Christian family that wanted a non-alcoholic alternative to Christmas beer... just saying, as I got it in my game and found it quite hilarious that it 1) was in the game at all and 2) actually doesn't contain any alcohol. So yeah ;)

Other than that, how do you kill the last remaining member of a siege that's flying around in the air on a cave swallow and refusing to come down? I've noticed no caravans come if the siege is ongoing, and I can't seem to get a hold of this guy... Also, are quivers automatically assigned if you give your squads ammo?

//A, contemplative
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Whend and waind are not words. What are you talking about Jeoshua.

Not to be a party-killer, but you do know that julmust is non-alcoholic, right? Its name translates as "christmas drink" sort of and it was developed exactly 100 years ago in southern Sweden by a very

Other than that, how do you kill the last remaining member of a siege that's flying around in the air on a cave swallow and refusing to come down? I've noticed no caravans come if the siege is ongoing, and I can't seem to get a hold of this guy... Also, are quivers automatically assigned if you give your squads ammo?
Maybe dwarves' Julmust is half alcohol! There's also mint tea, tomato brew, and pickle/beet/carrot juice in the game. It's a funny thing dwarves can't embark with water barrels, or fill & haul water barrels to the hospital.
Yeah quivers are auto-assigned. Just make an archer squad and provide them with crossbows, bolts and quivers. But they might get all mixed up if squad has both bow and crossbow users. Maybe forbid all bows and arrows before create squad.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:24:59 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dwarves can make even pickle juice to be a substitute for the alcohol :). Yeah, I know that they are not alcoholic, but you can fool the dwarves to believe otherwise :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Elone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves can make even pickle juice to be a substitute for the alcohol :) .

I drink chilly pepper pickle juice occasionally while bored and at PC. That stuff is damn strong. It might not be alcohol, but it's comparable in taste and strength to some of the strongest spirits, easily. Maybe dorfs like that.
▼ It's all their fault. ▼

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whend and waind are not words. What are you talking about Jeoshua.
He's just talking about the difference between wind as in breeze and wind as in clocks. "Whend" and "waind" is (sort of) how you'd pronounce it.

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile

Dwarves can make even pickle juice to be a substitute for the alcohol :). Yeah, I know that they are not alcoholic, but you can fool the dwarves to believe otherwise :D.

I just found it hilarious that julmust was specifically designed to replace alcoholic drinks... and is also a huge commercial success in Sweden these days ;)

//A, FPS dropped to 1=reset game
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odd... my pop is set to 40 but I keep getting more and more migrations...

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry if length is a problem - was unsure how much liberty to take with the translations, I think for most of the ones that I felt were too long (i.e. substantially more than 7 characters) I put the descrip. in but I don't know about best length other than it shouldn't really be above 6 or 7. Sorry again for the inconveniance, happy to help clear the work up if needed.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, bronze statues are tough. My first quest was to kill one. I've only got a few bruises but my companion was brained in the first couple turns. I only have a copper wakizashi but managed to do fractures and dents to most body parts and I've severed all fingers and toes. My companion dropped a black steel shield, so I've been throwing that around, but only managed to fracture the right hand. Is there any way to kill this thing?

EDIT: I just bisected by throwing a kobold corpse.
Any metal better than bronze or a weapon with a quality will kill it with ease. Trying to kill bronze with copper is a bit silly, don't you think? :P

Well, it doesn't matter now, I'm just starting to think it's a bit silly that a kobold corpse cut an animated bronze statue in half. It's not that big of an issue though, this is the first time I've ever gotten a quest to kill one and I already have a better weapon.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not a Genesis mod thing, tho.  Throwing is very overpowered in DF to begin with.  You can throw a bolt the same as you could shoot it from a crossbow.  So before saying how rediculous it is that it happened in Genesis, you should consider the Fluffy Wambler that killed a Bronze Collosus.  That was vanilla.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

Hey thread, how is everyone toda-this evening?

Started a new job the other day, making donuts (doughnuts, although spellcheck hates it).  You know you play Dwarf Fortress too much when you start describing your creations in the same way as DF artifacts.  My doughnuts are of the highest craftsdwarf(man)ship.  They are encrusted with sprinkles.  They menace with spikes of glaze.

Haven't had much time for actual Fortress constructing lately.  Although, someone brought up Quickfort a page or so ago.  I've never played with it, is it any good?  It's basically template fortresses, if I recall.

Homework or DF...
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 642