Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230583 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

You have to START a 3.24b to fix the wax crafts keepers' bug. However you can go to war with them to stop their caravans if you want to play on 3.24.
How to start a war ? it would take a lot of killed caravans ingame ... i tried making them evil in raws but that didnt work

Hmm maybe one could remove the "caravan comes" thing from the keepers, to prevent crash. Try deleting "   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]" from entity_keepers.txt! (in a duplicate of your savegame.)

Ceramics seem moddable.
Looks like the porcelain reaction is in inorganic_stone_genesis.txt,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:41:04 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

pieisgoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First of all, Deon you have done a fantastic job with this mod.

Secondly, I know this might not be the place for it, but would anyone want to play a Genesis Mod succession game? I wanted to ask here first before starting a topic to see if anyone would actually want to play.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could be interested in such a thing :)
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Genesis Mod succession game
OH MY GOD, SIGN ME UP
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a feeling I'm not the only one spending way too much time lurking around this thread :D

But yeah a succession game would be pretty awesome.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

I have a feeling I'm not the only one spending way too much time lurking around this thread :D
Shhh you. I only check Genesis obsessively every time I'm at the computer. :P

Edited for a few general, not-really-Genesis-specific/tangentially-related questions I've been kicking around:

What, out of curiosity, is required to make a race adventurer-able? I know basically what tags would be helpful—[CAN_LEARN], [CANOPENDOORS], and so on—but I'm sure I've not thought of everything. I was browsing the D4Dwarf articles on The Wiki last night when I ran across this lovely guy, and thought it might be pretty cool to make cave swallowmen selectable as an Adventurer race.

Plus, for my personal raws, the possibilities would be endless. :P

Secondly: There is a beautiful tileset that I believe is, unfortunately, quite dead. Now, I've been able to sort of clumsily 'update' it by messing with the graphics and adding in new creature tiles copied from Ironhand or Phoebus (depending on which I like better) and figuring out the positioning manually, but since I've discovered the raw tile selector Deon linked a while back, I've been wondering: how would I go about updating it fully to the current vanilla version? Specifically, I'd like a copy of Genesis juryrigged to have Goldplated as the tileset, insofar as Goldplated exists (so I'd have to 'borrow' tiles from another set for things it doesn't cover). Is this possible, and how would I go about doing it?

Long post is loooong. P:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:26:21 pm by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have to START a 3.24b to fix the wax crafts keepers' bug. However you can go to war with them to stop their caravans if you want to play on 3.24.
How to start a war ? it would take a lot of killed caravans ingame ... i tried making them evil in raws but that didnt work
Hmm maybe one could remove the "caravan comes" thing from the keepers, to prevent crash. Try deleting "   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]" from entity_keepers.txt! (in a duplicate of your savegame.)

trade removing didnt work but removing their intellegence did! caravan came but it didnt crash so far and i am at war with them  :)

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile

Bleh, this is getting kinda tiresome. Now I used TomiTapio's raws and tried syncing them with World Tinker, but something's just not working. Got the error Missing Inorganic Gloss: IRON_HARD... sounds odd. Before that I got the same thing with cave agave and stuff, but that was more because Phoebus had changed the tiles for his own tileset. Any more ideas or should I just give up trying?
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

What, out of curiosity, is required to make a race adventurer-able?
Something like [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE], I believe. There's probably some other stuff you'll have to change too.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

pieisgoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just so no-one misses it here's a link to the Genesis Mod succession game.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82128.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Bleh, this is getting kinda tiresome. Now I used TomiTapio's raws and tried syncing them with World Tinker, but something's just not working. Got the error Missing Inorganic Gloss: IRON_HARD... sounds odd. Before that I got the same thing with cave agave and stuff, but that was more because Phoebus had changed the tiles for his own tileset. Any more ideas or should I just give up trying?
You'd better use WinMerge, programs cannot sync such amount of little differences. You try to update from a VERY old version, so there're tons of differences.

Deon, are the ceramics reactions hardcoded or moddable? And if so, does that mean I can never get them in my pre-ceramics-generated fort? As of now, I can collect clay with my kilns but not actually make any porcelain, despite having tons of kaolinite. Bricks just aren't the same. And it doesn't show up in red like if you lack fuel for smelting, it's just not there. What can I do?
Try to sync your savegame with world tinker http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67059.0
Thanks, that worked for other things - silly me to not realise that "bricks" meant "porcelain" at the kiln ;) But the utility worked perfectly, haven't seen any trouble coming yet. Good stuff thus :)

EDIT: Um... not sure, but a milker with the masonry labor enabled took a single stack of ash to my Magma Kiln and started churning out Brick Blocks by the dozens. No porcelain in sight. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...? :/
If you update from the old version where there were no porcelain reactions, you wouldn't be able to get them without world tinker. Also I believe those "endless bricks" were a placeholder for claymaking (stone + ash + maybe something else) which were removed with the addition of clay in vanilla.

Just so no-one misses it here's a link to the Genesis Mod succession game.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82128.0
You will have to update it somehow when I release the new version :).

I've decided to add 10-20 placeholder reactions and a few placeholder buildings for the next version. I will just make the reactions to appear nowhere, but whenever I will get a need for another reaction, it will be avaliable without regen.

Secondly: There is a beautiful tileset that I believe is, unfortunately, quite dead.
The author is definitely not dead, I've seen him on russian DF forums not so long ago. Probably he's busy with something else.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon do you have any idea of when you'll be ready with the next release?

Any sort of clue would be nice, will it be hours? days? weeks? months? :D

ps. I understand if you'd rather not tie yourself to any time limits, so that's fine too :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Deon do you have any idea of when you'll be ready with the next release?

Any sort of clue would be nice, will it be hours? days? weeks? months? :D

ps. I understand if you'd rather not tie yourself to any time limits, so that's fine too :)
Probably 1-2 days. I am generally busy during the work days and I have my free time during the last days of a week.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll update my version when you next release, seems that Toady has slowed down with the 'here's an-here's a-here's a- here's an update...' thing (which was pretty awesome).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Secondly: There is a beautiful tileset that I believe is, unfortunately, quite dead. Now, I've been able to sort of clumsily 'update' it by messing with the graphics and adding in new creature tiles copied from Ironhand or Phoebus (depending on which I like better) and figuring out the positioning manually, but since I've discovered the raw tile selector Deon linked a while back, I've been wondering: how would I go about updating it fully to the current vanilla version? Specifically, I'd like a copy of Genesis juryrigged to have Goldplated as the tileset, insofar as Goldplated exists (so I'd have to 'borrow' tiles from another set for things it doesn't cover). Is this possible, and how would I go about doing it?
You ask me and make puppy eyes (any webcam works) and I do it :P.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4201

There may be some inconsistencies, but I tried to make everything as it should be (added bogeymen/night creature graphics, replaced "dead trees" with appropriate bridge ends etc.).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 642