Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230549 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, cave agaves were changed to desert agaves. You have to rename their ID if you want to play with an old save.

P.S. In /data/save/region*/raw/objects/plant_botany_leaf.txt rename [PLANT:CAVE_BUSH_AGAVE] to [PLANT:LEAF_BUSH_AGAVE]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ATR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Deon! Thanks for your quick reply. I found the plant_botany_leaf.txt and it was already changed to the leaf_etc. I did find under plant_botany_cave.txt the cave_bush_agave entry. Does this need to be changed? Thanks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Hey Deon (and tomi) thanks again for the mod! two question:
Are you ever going to add a Mayday version?
Is it possible for me to change my Ironhand Save into a Phoebus save?
(I really like ironhand and I have no problems with it being dark but I like variation! (I LOVE the new Ironhand wall btw, it that made by you or is the actual Ironhand
 tileset changed as well?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:45:13 pm by Dutchling »

ATR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all. Thought i'd give an update incase this information is useful to the modders. I figured out that the cave_agave listing was completely removed in my save (in the plant_botany_cave.txt). So I went into the raw from the DF folder and copied the entry into the same txt file from my save/raw. This fixed that error but then another one came up, cave_rye. Did the same thing. Next was cave_melon. Same. Then Leaf_Klamath. Same. Next was item_weapon_whip. So at that point I said forget it, I'll just restart!

The moral of the story: Never detract from the Phoebus. :)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm working on letters M-N for now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hey all. Thought i'd give an update incase this information is useful to the modders. I figured out that the cave_agave listing was completely removed in my save (in the plant_botany_cave.txt). So I went into the raw from the DF folder and copied the entry into the same txt file from my save/raw. This fixed that error but then another one came up, cave_rye. Did the same thing. Next was cave_melon. Same. Then Leaf_Klamath. Same. Next was item_weapon_whip. So at that point I said forget it, I'll just restart!

You don't need to replace anything. Just rename LEAF_BUSH_AGAVE to CAVE_BUSH_AGAVE. I've told it backwards the previous time, but I hoped you would figure it out :).

Okay, I'm working on letters M-N for now.
Thanks, man! Please PM me the completed material.

Ah yeah, a lot of things were changed :/.
It's REALLY easy to fix it, and not step-by-step. Just get Winmerge.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking. For players getting crashes, you could try changing the print mode from [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD] to [PRINT_MODE:2D].

Deon, I'm currently working on big changes to the brightness and the internals of my tileset. Don't work spend more time than needed on the first patch I made, it's not fixing all of the problems anyway.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

Okay, this is random.

I, as I said before, recently embarked on a flat biome - it's very heavily wooded (I have more wood than I know what to do with, just from clearing a workshop area and pasture).  Turned some of it to charcoal, then used that to smelt some of the large amount of bituminous coal I brought with me (as it turns out, I embarked directly on top of a giant pile of naturally occurring coal - I never get that!).

So, I built a crucible, to turn my iron into steel as usual.

But I can't, it says I have no fuel.  I have more fuel than I have ever had, short of when I embark on a surface volcano.  Can anyone guess why this is a problem?  I have tons of wood, tons of coal and charcoal, flux, and all required furnaces.

Random edit (unrelated to anything): Normally, the creatures I have trouble with in adventure mode are normal animals, or hordes of anything (flanking).  For some reason, in the new region I've created, there are "moon horrors" - they tend to wield carving forks, and one or two in particular have taken down my orc demigod heroes without even suffering a wound.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:16:24 pm by rainekage »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Crucible steelmaking requires flux stone, right? Got some? If no flux, merge iron with pig iron for steel. How's your blast furnace offering steel?

Deon, does this Genesis reaction look right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:00:37 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crucible steelmaking requires flux stone, right? Got some? If no flux, merge iron with pig iron for steel. How's your blast furnace offering steel?

I have flux in the form of some marble - I haven't built a blast furnace since I don't have enough iron to make it worthwhile (I only embarked with three pieces, to give my axeman an axe and leg armor - leather for the rest so far), and haven't hit a steady iron supply like normal (swimming in coal instead).

On the plus side, "harden iron" now works, where it wasn't before, but yeah, it specifically says, "Requires fuel".  I have flux, iron, wood, and fuel of both types - but just not working.  Will gen a new world, embark, and tell you if the reaction works there.

Another random thought: I really miss the "magma pipe" and "magma pool" options on the finder.  I realize every embark has magma near the bottom, but I really like surface magma (although it tends to open up caverns immediately and make things more Fun), and I'd love the ability to find it combination with the other features I need.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:25:17 pm by rainekage »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The fuel should be there, it's not actually required since the workshops [NEEDS_MAGMA].

Which kind of fuel do you have? Charcoal? Coke? Make sure you don't try to use bituminous coal or lignite as a fuel. You could always upload a save and I would take a look at that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fuel should be there, it's not actually required since the workshops [NEEDS_MAGMA].

Which kind of fuel do you have? Charcoal? Coke? Make sure you don't try to use bituminous coal or lignite as a fuel. You could always upload a save and I would take a look at that.

I've turned wood into charcoal, and bituminous coal into coke.  To my knowledge, those are the two fuel types (although, yes, I do have a large amount of bituminous coal that hasn't been turned to coke yet).

Will upload a save if, next time I embark, I have the same problem.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Will do O-P now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like so far, we have:
A-B
J-N
U-Z

S is REALLY HUGE, that one will probably have to be split up unless someone really likes Japanese enough to do all of it.

EDIT: I was wrong.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:22:50 am by Patchouli »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Did someone make C? Because I've only made A-B, which makes A-B, J-N, U-Z.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

WHOA, this is strange. Rolled a new world, normal in every sense except that I bumped up the min volcanism and the embark points (bad day, wanted something easy), so I took along a bunch of critters—the total sum of the grazers: two breeding pairs of rabbits, a coupl'a elk birds (since they showed up on embark for some reason, despite not having COMMON_DOMESTIC), a breeding pair of cavies, and naturally the wagon pullers. Added them all to a pasture and...

Literally every square they walked over eroded to the base tile (which in this case was sand). Within the season they'd all starved to death. I thought the elk birds might have been doing it, but I watched them and even the rabbits were turning the squares they moved over to sand. I've not noticed the problem on any other worlds—rolling a new one now, with all normal parameters except for embark points, to test, though I can't see how that could be the problem... :|a

Oh, and werewolves are finally working! :D Hooray.
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 642