Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231639 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.52 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #585 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:00 am »

None that I know of...

I've lost another fort because my nobles disappeared and they didn't want to elect another mayor.
So the release is here and I felt it's urgent.

Now all nobles allow all nobles. So if you have at least ONE alive, you will be able to appoint other. Sadly it requires you to regenerate a world for it to work.

Also there're my personal graphical changes to the main release. The bridge's edges do not look like trees and there're RantingRodent's walls and floors:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:07:16 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CutieBard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:35 am »

Hello there. Love the mod from what I've read of it.

I have one little problem though, I want to play it, but I can't figure out how to install it.

I downloaded it and opened it up to see the files but I can't figure out how to put it into my DF folder to make it work.

Thank you in advance.
Looking forward to playing this.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:04 am »

Basically you open your DF folder, open the archive, drag and drop two folders from the archive IN your DF folder, and when it prompts you to overwrite files you answer "yes"/"yes to all".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see, but the dark dwarves are meant to live underground, not willing to come up to a sunlight.

Hmmm, light defence!  Set passage open to sky and watch them puke themselves to death.  Hmmm, we need someone to mod diamond reflectors to channel light into the depths...
Can underground races (or any race for that matter) be set to have fully developed cave adaptation from the start... so upon meeting them they already can't stand the light?

Such a shame that vomit can't be modded. I had a great time imagining Cave Adapted vampires that would barf [IGNITE_POINT:10000] vomit all over themselves and burst into flames, untill I realised this.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 28, 2010, 02:02:24 pm »

So, either Dark Dwarf's should vomit like mad, or refuse to go in the sunlight Deon.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:46 pm »

How do you want me to accomplish it? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.5 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #591 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22:44 pm »

P.S. I would like a native english-speaker to spellcheck new castes' descriptions.

Here are a few corrections (some may be fine, I forgot which ones had errors in them).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

There're some errors still (like "a thick skin") but thank you, it's better now :). I will incorporate it.

P.S. Now when I read it in your spoilers, I see more errors, so it was helpful :).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:26:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.5 ϟ] - caste madness!
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2010, 03:25:53 pm »

Coff. I...uh...corrected the corrections. :p

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »

Great. My poor english needs real men like you :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 28, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »

*Facepalm* I blame it on me having an ELA state test the past two days, and being sick of writing (and yet I still post in the forums...).

On topic: This update is great. The Stone Dwarves are very helpful.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 28, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »

Very helpful in which situations? I would like some feedback, I really urge to play around with my new dwarves but I have an exam tomorrow so I can't :(.

Also I've just got an excellent idea from another thread: I will make precious metals into wafers! So the strand extractor profession will be much more important, and you will weave clothes from gold and silver! A real clothing for noble dwarves and fine warriors. Also, quite hard to pierce too :P.

A steel dwarf is cool. A steel dwarf in a bronze armor and golden shirt and trousers is TWICE cooler.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »

Very helpful in which situations? I would like some feedback, I really urge to play around with my new dwarves but I have an exam tomorrow so I can't :(.

They don't often die when a cave in occurs. Also, my Mithril Colossus slaughters most dwarves in the underground, where the miners encounter them first. The Stone Dwarves survive more often and can run away until I tame one of my Sun Dragons to keep it occupied (neither are strong enough to even injure each other, so they fight forever).

Also I've just got an excellent idea from another thread: I will make precious metals into wafers! So the strand extractor profession will be much more important, and you will weave clothes from gold and silver! A real clothing for noble dwarves and fine warriors. Also, quite hard to pierce too :P.

A steel dwarf is cool. A steel dwarf in a bronze armor and golden shirt and trousers is TWICE cooler.

That idea sounds cool! I read part of the thread, and it is a great idea. Steel and the like can be way too easy to acquire.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:58 pm »

Huh. I'm all for making stuff harder to acquire, but you know it's going to be about nine times more efficient to make stuff out of native gold now (not even taking into account fuel), right?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »

One side effect of having a dwarf produce web is the renewability of silk thread, greatly enhancing the clothing industry.  The silk thread is not constantly produced, but quick enough that you can probably have someone alternate between cloth making and thread weaving continuously.  So those abombinations are really helpful!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 642