Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228532 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5580 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:32 pm »

That's the thing tho.  The Caste system that Deon is using is based off what DF uses for gender.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: March 10, 2011, 07:23:37 am »

... Wait why Giths are females :<?
Desu

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: March 10, 2011, 12:06:16 pm »

I don't know if this a bug or not, but I haven't encountered even ONE undead. I have created about 11 worlds and each one hasn't any undead. Why does this happen?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5583 on: March 10, 2011, 02:32:36 pm »

... Wait why Giths are females :<?
Female is the default gender IRL. And for Flayer civ, they breed better the more female castes they have, so they don't die out in history.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: March 10, 2011, 03:37:59 pm »

So.. If I wanna play Genesis.21, my best shot is using the Genesis.19a4 and overwrite 'Dwarf Fortress.exe'?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: March 10, 2011, 03:58:56 pm »

I'll work on it tonight, I promise :). I was a bit carried away with my studies and then learning Aurora and playing some Shores of Hazeron, Prospector and Caves of Qud. I rarely play, so it was a nice experience for me :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: March 10, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »

So.. If I wanna play Genesis.21, my best shot is using the Genesis.19a4 and overwrite 'Dwarf Fortress.exe'?

update the entries with [VERMINHUNTER] to newer version tags.
adding [PET_VALUE_DIVISOR] to bees, [STOCKPILE_GLOB_PRESSED] to bee wax, [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] for mead reaction, [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB] to fat, [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE] to inorganic_other entries(preventing you mansion from making sandy loam mugs)
port panda variants in,
hum...yep that's the major ones.

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5587 on: March 10, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »

I've noticed something with the adventurer reactions.

For some reason I cannot tan scaly hides. I remember that being available in the wanderer mod, but for some reason the scale reaction is not here. Did you remove it, or were the wanderer reactions not updated?

I just killed an alligator with my outsider, and I can't make scale armor. I am rather sad. :<
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:35 pm »

Given my impatience, I did a little copy-pastaing and put the plant raws in the 31.21 graphic pack I have. Right now, testing shows the plants are working okay though I'm a bit wary of trying just straight up copying over anything else.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: March 11, 2011, 02:54:52 am »

Deon, does the latest version stop male deers from having over 100 limbs?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: March 11, 2011, 04:06:23 am »

For some reason I cannot tan scaly hides. I remember that being available in the wanderer mod, but for some reason the scale reaction is not here. Did you remove it, or were the wanderer reactions not updated?

I just killed an alligator with my outsider, and I can't make scale armor. I am rather sad. :<

I modded that into .18. If deon wants, I can send the modded files to him, and he can incorporate it.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: March 11, 2011, 11:04:39 am »

Thanks Lamphare. But I can wait a few days now that Deon is on the job. Can't wait to start again tho, read somewhere in this thread how to remove the castes. Those fire shooting one always mess up my plans.  >:(

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: March 11, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »

Thanks Lamphare. But I can wait a few days now that Deon is on the job. Can't wait to start again tho, read somewhere in this thread how to remove the castes. Those fire shooting one always mess up my plans.  >:(

lol i've been waiting too
20/21 has some nice changes, i reckon Deon would not just port the old stuff in simply.
then i went finishing playing dragon age 2.
and now i finished  :P

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5593 on: March 11, 2011, 01:06:17 pm »

I modded that into .18. If deon wants, I can send the modded files to him, and he can incorporate it.

I just changed the material_template entries for scales and added [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SCALE_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TANNED_SCALE], added a 'TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE' by copying the creature variation changes from Wanderer's Friend to a duplicate LEATHER_TEMPLATE, and added a 'tan scaly hide' reaction for adventurer mode.

Hopefully that'll work. If it does, that would be a very simple solution.
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »

I just changed the material_template entries for scales and added [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SCALE_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TANNED_SCALE], added a 'TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE' by copying the creature variation changes from Wanderer's Friend to a duplicate LEATHER_TEMPLATE, and added a 'tan scaly hide' reaction for adventurer mode.

Hopefully that'll work. If it does, that would be a very simple solution.

The way the creatures are built, they have to have the leather in the body template... At least that's how it worked for me. I *think* that's what you've done here (Night shift ... i should be asleep now). If you start getting fish and alligator boxes, instead of bags, you've run up against the same problem as I did. Of course, I wanted everybody to be able to make scale stuff, not just the adventures, so my approach might have been different. Or maybe I made a mountain out of a molehill. It's been know to happen.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 642