Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231713 times)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not like it's that hard to keep them separate, with burrows and the like. I imagined it as a tragic monster that the rest of the fortress shunned, except in their most dire of straits. Or sent down into the underworld, to fight for their respect. Anyway, your call.

Flying dwarves don't work too well, do they?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Flying dwarves don't work too well, do they?
Yeah, I think they still have bugged pathfinding, but I should check.

I imagined it as a tragic monster that the rest of the fortress shunned
Gloomers play such role now :).

My current fort population:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

I call Shroom Dwarf! Can VERY quickly raise an army of noble births!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ??? ? Genesis Mod ? ??? [? 1.46 ?] - suggest the features you want
« Reply #558 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »

I think that hero dwarfs should have ups and downs... as their rare, people will like some more then others. an example of these ups and downs are like the shroom dwarf is very fragile,(I could only think of that O.o) Bauxite dwarfs that could survive in lava, coal dwarfs that ignite in hot temperatures. I do not think that many of these ideas will be implemented but hey, never hurts to throw out ideas. By the way, GREAT modd =D THE ONLY THINGS THAT I THINK ARE MISSING ARE CREATURE PICTURES (the only one i noticed inparticular was the elephant, only got to quickly play at school.) shoot, just noticed i hit cap lock a sentence back

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The good thing with shroom dwarves that they have lower vision and thus you have to set Kill order or move them quite close to their target for them to engage. That's actually great, because they do not run off one by one if they see a single enemy unless you order to do so (or they are too close).

They are bad bowmen though for the same reason :P.

the only one i noticed inparticular was the elephant
Are you sure that was elephant? Elephants have pictures. Maybe you've used some old version where I occasionally forgot to define them?

an example of these ups and downs are like the shroom dwarf is very fragile
Why is it fragile? "Shroom", "obsidian" etc. are names of the castes, dwarves are mainly the same, they just have different "special abilities".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The good thing with shroom dwarves that they have lower vision and thus you have to set Kill order or move them quite close to their target for them to engage. That's actually great, because they do not run off one by one if they see a single enemy unless you order to do so (or they are too close).

They are bad bowmen though for the same reason :P.

the only one i noticed inparticular was the elephant
Are you sure that was elephant? Elephants have pictures. Maybe you've used some old version where I occasionally forgot to define them?

an example of these ups and downs are like the shroom dwarf is very fragile
Why is it fragile? "Shroom", "obsidian" etc. are names of the castes, dwarves are mainly the same, they just have different "special abilities".
Stop making fun of the Shroomies! they get 80% gain in skills! Your just hating that we can be master smiths quicker than joo ever could!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Making fun? I adore them. They are awesome melee fighters, always going where you say :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making fun? I adore them. They are awesome melee fighters, always going where you say :P.
Plus, we could say 'screw immigrants.' seal our doors like a true dwarf and flood the earth, then create a large army of axedwarves to attempt and kill an ant colony!(because Ant Colony's are hard to kill man!)
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Huh. My single gloomer trained to legendary status on some weird megabeast which didn't hurt him but didn't want to die either, and an hour ago he ALONE killed an ant colony. His webs help though ;). He lives like a hermit in a small house underground in the 2nd caverns layer while the fortress is aboveground. I wait for other gloomers to be born to send them down too :P.

It begins to look like Herbert Wells' morlocks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

STONE DORFF
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when it mean 80% learning speed, does it mean they learn 80% faster?
Story of my life.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Dion I had a thought. Normal Dorfs get their own little subclasses. What about removing your generic "dark dorfs" and add them with evil sub-races of dwarves?

Magma Dwarves! Higher strength, fire immunity, likes to fight. Live in generally inhospitable areas.

And they can have the magma crabs I've been working on as pets!  :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Interesting thought there, adding an 'evil' counterpart to every good hero. Like an intelligent topaz dwarf, a chilly snow dwarf, and a quick reproducing fungi dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 642