Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229752 times)

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4665 on: January 21, 2011, 02:03:54 pm »

I never embark with seeds. I just get them from processing plants. For booze. You get a lot from a small area. It only really takes 1 dwarf with no starting Herbalist to level up and feed the starting 7.

So i only get seeds from Plant gathering if i Process the Plants in a Farmers Workshop?

Or mill them. Or turn them into booze at the still. It's (usually) only cooking them that wont get you seeds.

And the Cave idea, thats good and fine, only problem is that you can search Hours without finding a Cave underground. The only real option is to use reveal. I mean, just as an example, imagine a Cave being on level 108, i start on Level 140. If i dont know that theres a Cave i have to dig around in all 32 levels below my Fort until i finally find that cave. its a bit hardcore isnt it?

I have never* very rarely missed all 3 cave layers. Sometimes they're pretty deep, but if you dig one staircase straight down it's not very often you wont find a cavern before you hit magma.

*the exact center of a 2x2 or 4x4 world tile map will be inbetween the corners of the world tiles, which is more likely to have the large pillars and whatnot that cause you to miss a cavern. Very rarely you miss all 3.

Ok, so i jsut dig straight down somewhere and hope i get some Caves or Magma. I never was able to play with magma since i started playing df, would be very nice if i would find a Magma pool on my current Map.

Well i checked this init file and yes, Temperature was set on off. Now that i activated it i hope the Seas of Ice will melt and i will be able to Make good old underground Farms.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:08 pm »

Well i checked this init file and yes, Temperature was set on off. Now that i activated it i hope the Seas of Ice will melt and i will be able to Make good old underground Farms.

Deon plays with the init files and they end up in releases. I turn off the intro and such all the time, so I see it with most releases.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: January 21, 2011, 04:29:59 pm »

I already made all crops to grow 3-5 times longer, so there's no good way to make it better yet. Maybe future DF releases will make the product formula different, hehe.

I've noticed that reducing the cluster size has barely any effect. I will play around and see what can I do though, thanks for the feedback.

I still haven't uploaded the fixed init versions. I was carried away by organizing the Arkham Horror board game here on forums :P.

Check this out, maybe someone wants to play? I have 3 more spots:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75604.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 21, 2011, 05:01:04 pm »

The longer grow times are noticeable and help a ton! I also play with smaller forts myself (no immigration) So that factors in as well. I am sure when/if I have a larger fort then it will be more pronounced. I appreciate the work you do Deon! What about making livestock/pets require food (mostly plants and seeds for birds)?

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 21, 2011, 05:16:43 pm »

So much fire....and blood!

An ambush in the depot.  Two caravans stuck inside.

Mobilized everyone.  35 dwarves rushed to defend the merchants. The military commander and a child were asleep.

The obsidian dwarf blacksmith who had just created an artifact coffin arrived late to the battle, and threw a fireball into the middle of the fray.  Into the middle of to merchant caravans who had brought nothing but booze. Your fortress has crumbled.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 21, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »

Mobilized everyone.  35 dwarves rushed to defend the merchants. The military commander and a child were asleep.

The obsidian dwarf blacksmith who had just created an artifact coffin arrived late to the battle, and threw a fireball into the middle of the fray.  Into the middle of to merchant caravans who had brought nothing but booze. Your fortress has crumbled.

Now that, is a satisfying downfall.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: January 21, 2011, 06:01:51 pm »

Now that, is a satisfying downfall.

To make it better the first reclaim got killed by the remaining hostiles, the 2nd killed off the hostiles but got scared to death by ghosts, and the third reclaim is currently struggling to clean up the mess.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

Scared to death? do you mean that literally?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »

Apparantly, Illithids are powerful, evil, benign tyrants who, if pissed off, will be satisfied with nothing short complete genocide.

I generated a world with Genesis mod and then looked at the history. I thought, wow, there was only a single war that had taken place in this world! Then I examined it. The war had lasted the entirety of worldgen, ending a few years before I stopped the generation. It was between an Ezrakim Elf entity and an Illithid entity. Throughout the war, over six hundred Ezrakim Elves (which is to say approximately 50% of the world's total historical figures ever) fought hardily, and the Illithids obliterated them all, save for a couple dozen prisoners which rot in the bowels of an evil fortress today. Generally, the Illithids went straight for decapitation and/or other such flaying. I guess no one wanted to have a war after or during that, because they didn't want to stir the anger of the mind flaying destroyers. The Illithids now reign from a single, overpopulated dark fortress in the most evil section of the world.

Or maybe this just means that elves are the biggest pansies in the DF multiverse, regardless of the mods you use.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: January 21, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »

Hi Deon,

I posted an modified version of the spotter's guide.  I used one of the simpler Voidmaster tiles but gave it a forcefield aura, like Tomi suggested way back when.

I also made a new Grigori flayer tile, since the original one was a hasty modification of the Emissary tile (I had forgotten about the Grigori).

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »

Apparantly, Illithids are powerful, evil, benign tyrants who, if pissed off, will be satisfied with nothing short complete genocide.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that Genesis is inspired by D&D Forgotten Realms.  As such, this is pretty much spot on.  Illithids have always been max on the scale of evil in D&D.  They view every other living creature as livestock for them to either suck the brains out of or mindrape into soulless thralls.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »

I make so many typos in my posts. Here, hav a typo.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that Genesis is inspired by D&D Forgotten Realms.  As such, this is pretty much spot on.  Illithids have always been max on the scale of evil in D&D.  They view every other living creature as livestock for them to either suck the brains out of or mindrape into soulless thralls.

D&D Forgotten Realms? Really? I would have never guessed, given my limited experience with the setting and the prevalence of flavorful variations of dwarves and such. Perhaps it's somewhere in between FR and the distilled essence of Deon's own original creations.

Deon, what's your word on this?

I like being able to ask because you're actually a regular forum user

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:48 pm »

Ok, so i jsut dig straight down somewhere and hope i get some Caves or Magma. I never was able to play with magma since i started playing df, would be very nice if i would find a Magma pool on my current Map.
From 2010 on, there is magma at the bottom of ALL maps unless you turn off the magma sea in worldgen settings. The question is whether you will catch the caverns before hitting the magma sea. It's very unlikely to miss all 3.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: January 22, 2011, 08:31:09 am »

Scared to death? do you mean that literally?

Literally

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 22, 2011, 08:58:24 am »

Deon werewolves in the werewolf civ seem really really really overpowered well not so much overpowered as they don't freaking die....easily.

In adventure mode I was hacking at 3 werewolf wrestlers hitting them and making them bleed they lost their feet and hands and it took like half an hour in real life for them to finally bleed out also under a constant stream of hits from a Professional Axedwarf.

they all bled out I didn't strike any killing blows just they bled to death. Even though I was hitting them for like an in game day. One of them fell unconscious once and I hacked him in the head over and over and over and over and over till he got back up. I'm unsure if they are supposed to be like this or if its the game or what but I thought id let you know.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 642