Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229071 times)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4485 on: January 06, 2011, 05:15:14 am »

Random unsupported guess:

They may be lacking the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags.  I believe that would flip them over into being treated like animals.  I'll follow up on this eventually (probably day after tomorrow) if no one else does first.
Eh, don't you remember your own illithids? :) None of them are intelligent or can speak, but they all can learn... except for the outpost brain. I've fixed it.

::), everyone's a critic... ;)

In Pratchett's books the wee free men have a pretty fearsome reputation, so it wouldn't be too surprising if you just weren't able to get along with them.

Does the tag that makes creatures drink your booze jive with the intelligent creature AI?  Because the feegles should definitely be able to get into your booze.  Also, they're really strong, so you might even consider giving them a buildingdestroyer tag.

If you did, people'd really regret it if they let them get their hands on anything valuable.  One or two thieves is not a problem, but crowds of sword wielding, booze drinking, building smashing ambushers would be a fearsome sight for just about any fortress!
As far as I know, dwarves are already in the game.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4486 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40:47 am »

Is that just with me, or the fireball arrows aren't burning?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:11 am »

lets see:
if feegles were implamented they would be an skulking type creature.
can_talk can_learn -fast lerners as well-, building destroyer 1, can open doors, would be appropiet. as for the theift tag, is their any way to chance the kidnapping tag to kidnapp animals/none sentients? if not then should probably leave theft out and just have it as move your stuff about, woul certiainly make vaults more vauble for your artifacts, and eat your food/booze.
giving them small knifes as their weapons, maby a unique bag called a spog for 1 item, good dodge ability as standard because theyll never use sheilds, 1 kelda: 1 bigman: 1 gonnagle: 20 or 40 feegle clanmen. maby 1 duaghter as a random who when grows up leaves the map if kelda is still alive and has a 80% chance to take over a neighbour clan and a 20% chance to start a new one, with a new kelda arriving if the one on the map dies within a few years or so, -or if can be linked ot outside world the better-. -unless turned into a civ who could at some point be played then these ratios are just guidelines, since a clan can be from 40 to 150 individuals in one feegle mound-
random civ politics like: can read or dont wash would be good descriptors for likes/dislikes in dorfs.
have thier corpses leave no miasma as well, since their small and thiers so many of them and they dont wash normaly the smell would be neglagable.

i would suggest that your expedition leader can have an option to open diplo talks with the kelda if their on the map. -since a kelda dosent leave the mound unless said mound is attacked- or the clan gonnagle/ have the clan gonnagle or bigman act as the feegle diplo and have an option for a clan to move in with you? depending if you have a memorial hall or a tomb of a sufficent level/size for them to move into -since feegles live in burial mounds as usual-. hell, you could have is so that you can offer x amount of booze or the feegles join your dorfs partys to try and make freinds with them. and if you dont do anything they are neutral and will nick your food/booze. if attacked get ambushes untill you have talks wiht their diplo again for a settlement deal. probably of booze. players could easly plan for feegles by stepping up their booze production to about 1/3 more than they need and making some kind of mound outside of the fortress for them to inhabit/pour forth forth in an angry tide to attack seigers who get too close to the mound.

as for their life style: ide say, born, 6 months as baby, then 3 years as child, then can live up to about 30 or so. -since they reproduce fast, this will make sure they dont overrun every other civ- ide also say born in groups between 4 and 12. with a pregnancy period of about a year.

theyde be no eat sentients as well. so: Nac mac feegle vs elves war anyone? ^^
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 06, 2011, 11:41:04 am »

Random unsupported guess:

They may be lacking the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags.  I believe that would flip them over into being treated like animals.  I'll follow up on this eventually (probably day after tomorrow) if no one else does first.
Eh, don't you remember your own illithids? :) None of them are intelligent or can speak, but they all can learn... except for the outpost brain. I've fixed it.

::), everyone's a critic... ;)

In Pratchett's books the wee free men have a pretty fearsome reputation, so it wouldn't be too surprising if you just weren't able to get along with them.

Does the tag that makes creatures drink your booze jive with the intelligent creature AI?  Because the feegles should definitely be able to get into your booze.  Also, they're really strong, so you might even consider giving them a buildingdestroyer tag.

If you did, people'd really regret it if they let them get their hands on anything valuable.  One or two thieves is not a problem, but crowds of sword wielding, booze drinking, building smashing ambushers would be a fearsome sight for just about any fortress!
As far as I know, dwarves are already in the game.
It would also murder your FPS. I've tried to have multiple building destroyer races, and they DO slow the game down a lot. So I guess booze-drinking ambushers with TRAPAVOID and very high strength and dodging should work.

I haven't checked adv. mode for a few versions, but I don't know why shouldn't they, I didn't change anything since the version where they were burning. I will check it today, might be some new DF version issue.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 06, 2011, 11:46:32 am »

^^

eather way. im still glad the pictsies are in x) im going to dl the modd when/if their added. and start a fort in it.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

draconis307

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:47 pm »

Check your d_init file and make sure temperature is turned on. It seems that the current version has temperature and weather default to off.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 06, 2011, 02:28:32 pm »

Oh, that must be it. The temperature should be on :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 06, 2011, 04:27:35 pm »

oh I was wondering seeing how you are nerfing the wolves are the other creatures filling up the spot on the raids? so will I get rushed right from the start?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 06, 2011, 04:57:08 pm »

They have the same triggers: when you hit 20 dwarves they should come. However since 3.18e they come only in winter (before that they came any and every season). However there will be centaurs in the summer (only), again after 20 dwarves, and they have some weapons and armor, and nice bows.

So you should have spring and autumn free from sieges (until you get demonic/illithid sieges), I've made it this way so you could get traders and migrants.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 06, 2011, 08:50:10 pm »

Hey Deon if your still looking for animals for the desert what about lizardmen like werewolves but maybe like the enemy of the desert eleves and make them like 9-10ft tall with something like dragonscale for skin but a little weaker it would be intersting, but make them if you can like small tribes of them you know cause they we already have so many seigers you know cause it would be fun for things more than an ambush but less than a siege that happen ramdomly.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:14 pm »

I'd play this mod if it wasn't for the dwarven castes. :( Everything else is awesome, except for them. (Not saying they aren't well done, just don't like them as a concept. :p)

I suppose I'll have to mod them out.

Can I just replace them with the default dwarves?

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »

Deus ex Machina, yes you can just change them back to the default ones .
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 07, 2011, 12:06:19 am »

Would the converse work? Just cutting the castes out and pasting them into a copy of vanilla?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:26 am »

Would the converse work? Just cutting the castes out and pasting them into a copy of vanilla?
Yes. You will also miss breasts/genitalia this way, but you won't get any castes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:31 am »

Yes. You will also miss breasts/genitalia this way, but you won't get any castes.

Oh, no, I meant: What if I copy castes from Genesis into the files of vanilla DF? Will I have working castes, but not everything else?

Sorry for the mix-up.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 642