Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228546 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4305 on: December 21, 2010, 01:16:52 pm »

I am afraid we can't tie it to the area, but I'll see what can I invent.

There's a new video from PlumpHelmetPunk (aka Dwarven Smokeologist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_-dzsVF2A&feature=recentu
An hour length! Guys you are gonna enjoy that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 21, 2010, 01:35:44 pm »

Are Nith (unsure of plurality) actualy harmless, one is walking around my fort scaring people, description makes it seem harmless.

Killed it anyway since itt was disrupting fortress work, still wondering if I should have capturesd it for a zoo.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:39:42 pm by Samohan25 »

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 21, 2010, 01:43:08 pm »

Also, I have concerns about aboveground farming.  I have designated a farm plot, and I have plenty of plants, but does gathering plants give you seeds or the plant itself?  And if it's just the plant, how do I get seeds?
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 21, 2010, 01:59:20 pm »

Niths are quite small so they are better for a zoo than for a fight hehe.

And you gather plants. Process them, eat them or brew them to get their seeds. Cooking does not give seeds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 21, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »

Shoot.  Just cooked all my collected plants.
This might be a problem.

EDIT:  'tis all good, they actually brewed most of it.  :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:21:47 pm by Saetar33 »
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 21, 2010, 03:03:11 pm »

Dragon raptors, everywhere.

Then my unarmed military miners walkes up and it ran away...
Only to be pulverised over the cource of about a month, 110 pages in the log at current, still alive and my millitary of two took no hits.

Are they weak or are miners very strong?

Oh and they started hitting it on the 15th, finished on the 21st and it died after 143 pages of torn tendons.
I need to give them some weapons.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:10:07 pm by Samohan25 »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4311 on: December 21, 2010, 03:08:11 pm »

Dragon raptors, everywhere.
Then my unarmed military miners walkes up and it ran away...
Only to be pulverised over the cource of about a month, 110 pages in the log at current, still alive and my millitary of two took no hits.
Are they weak or are miners very strong?
The raptors are strong and perhaps they have smarts (Fleequick?). One of your miners might be steel caste, a superhero mightier than Batman.
If the d-raptors are still alive, your weapons totally suck, as copper&cobalt spears are enough to slay 20-ton dragons.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 21, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

[My post]
The raptors are strong and perhaps they have smarts (Fleequick?). One of your miners might be steel caste, a superhero mightier than Batman.
If the d-raptors are still alive, your weapons totally suck, as copper&cobalt spears are enough to slay 20-ton dragons.

They just punched it, repetetivley.
One punched his spleen, through his skin.
So I guess he eventually bled out after all of his tendons were torn.

Oh and one is an obsidian dwarf, the other is a moss dwarf. No steel dwarfs at all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:14:22 pm by Samohan25 »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:41 pm »

Yay! More tilesets is always a good thing.
Could we ask for a sneak peak of the new races?
I plan to move anubites into a race category (with many items derived from ezrakim elves and some new), also I will make centaur raiders. Those two civs will be early-mid menace along with werewolves so the game will become harder.

I have Centaurs made already if you wanted to use them. If you want to, credits go to piecewise. Also, I have nerfed Anubites significantly over the past few months. I can provide the new version for you as well if you wish.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 21, 2010, 03:53:47 pm »

21st Galena, 253, Late Summer
Now after our celebratory feast of sand lion biscuits we will rebuild, the loss of their General should slow the wolves for now...
And it's over by winter, I had another siege in autumn and now winter, meaning no migrants or caravans.  Couldn't replenish my losses from my military and even Cog fell after taking down 54 werewolves, not bad for a jade dwarf.  I think she struggled with the gigantic/fat werewolves, they always seemed to knock her back and stun her which I noticed happening a lot with most of my soldiers.  Not sure if the werewolves need toned down or I just need a larger military earlier on (12 out of 50 dwarves).  Could just rely more on traps but I always feel you might as well turn off attackers then as they're so powerful.

TuefelHundenIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 21, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I have stumbled on to a bug but it seems the fireball arrows/bolts are behaving like normal arrows and bolts whether thrown or fired.  Maybe I am missing a step somewhere but I checked the wiki and other sources and don't seem to be.  The raws have the ignitions stuff set and everything.

Tried with adventure mode with two different worlds.  I am using the latest graphical copy.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 21, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

Do you have your temperature on?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 21, 2010, 05:51:00 pm »

I've heard about people charming pesents in this, how do you do this?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4318 on: December 21, 2010, 05:56:42 pm »

the werewolves need toned down or I just need a larger military earlier on (12 out of 50 dwarves).  Could just rely more on traps but I always feel you might as well turn off attackers then as they're so powerful.
I think we could have the weres at 150% human size, not 500% (350kg). Flayers got mounts and ogre slaves, and they have their basic "mind control" stun toxin. Might be fun to have a flayer caste that has 15 bow skill.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:46 pm »

Speaking of temperature....

How fast does it take magma to heat up the surface if it's a good 100 blocks down (probably less)
Or does the heat have to travel straight up?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 642