Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228487 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ]
« Reply #4275 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:59 am »

As I said I want to make more badass weapons, and I don't want them to be avaliable from the start.

An "invention" system which was in some mod before was too bulky, so some rare reagents' requirement looks like a better idea to me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4276 on: December 20, 2010, 03:44:17 am »

Axebow sounds nice because the morons cannot carry both a crossbow AND a dagger. I made crossbow a better bashing instrument.

Or, just a worse-shooting crossbow with a BLADE attached. So choose between regular crossbow and half-and-half crossbow. Or with stab-spike half the power of a dagger.
The bowdorfs die so often because their crossbow is such a horrible melee weapon.

Hard to make, huh? Hmm... instead of 'tine, could require 4-10 cut gems, or mixing redsteel and blacksteel for the special ammo.

Rephikul, the trap-component serrated disc is the size of a table.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:51:49 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: December 20, 2010, 03:45:48 am »

Not that hard, you can just reuse the current serrated discs. 1 serrated disc -> 1 lauchable disc. Same size same stat same everything. Since ammos dont tend to log into the body, it'd be ridiculously expensive yet readily accessible.

EDIT: I dont think you can put many of these in a quiver, either. Never tried, tho.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: December 20, 2010, 03:58:41 am »

The dwarves will only carry one stack which is 1 disc so it won't really work... Plus I consider them overpowered for ammo, I will make smaller stuff.

Anyway, I've decided to make a Phoebus version before I move on to the next version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4279 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:43 am »

Okay, I've uploaded the version with the Phoebus tileset.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: December 20, 2010, 10:47:37 am »

Yay! More tilesets is always a good thing.
Could we ask for a sneak peak of the new races?

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: December 20, 2010, 11:14:29 am »

I guess any of the possible weapons will do, but still, my question about the workshops stands, will there be two workshops for several weapons? Is it even possible to add reactions to old buildings?

The phoebus tileset you packaged uses green trees btw, this means that trees with different colours (or markers for mirthfull forests) don't seem to appear correctly, is this just me?

Looks like it's probably just me, I changed it and the trees remained the same. Still, why change the tree colour?

And either you've changed some pictures in both versions with the Phobus release or you've forgottern to take out some new art, there are two files with the dwarf pictures and new race jobs edited over them.

Some creatures need their tiles redefined, harmless minnows show up as rocks on this one.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:19:45 pm by Samohan25 »

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:25 am »

Steel dwarves are bugged or something, their speed always remains 1290 no matter how much they train it seems. I made demi-god steel dwarf with super agility and i got legendary shield user, legendary armor user, legendary thrower, legendary axe user, legendary fighter, legendary dodge, and i still got my initial speed of 1290.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: December 20, 2010, 01:12:43 pm »

Yay! More tilesets is always a good thing.
Could we ask for a sneak peak of the new races?
I plan to move anubites into a race category (with many items derived from ezrakim elves and some new), also I will make centaur raiders. Those two civs will be early-mid menace along with werewolves so the game will become harder.

Also a race of small critters, I am still designing them. They will trade with you. They will sell gems and trade rare toys which will be convertable into gems.

I guess any of the possible weapons will do, but still, my question about the workshops stands, will there be two workshops for several weapons? Is it even possible to add reactions to old buildings?
There will be a runecrafter's workshop which will turn gems into runes. Specific gems will be required for specific runes. Also adamantium will be used to create ANY type of rune. I think I will go with a single workshop. These runes will be used to make "advanced" items.

Looks like it's probably just me, I changed it and the trees remained the same. Still, why change the tree colour?

And either you've changed some pictures in both versions with the Phobus release or you've forgottern to take out some new art, there are two files with the dwarf pictures and new race jobs edited over them.

Some creatures need their tiles redefined, harmless minnows show up as rocks on this one.
The tree color is white because I have colored trees (green leaves/brown trunk), I dislike green trunks.

The "rock" is a small dot tile, I replaced some vermin with it I think... Yeah, minnow should look like a fish, I will change it.

Steel dwarves are bugged or something, their speed always remains 1290 no matter how much they train it seems. I made demi-god steel dwarf with super agility and i got legendary shield user, legendary armor user, legendary thrower, legendary axe user, legendary fighter, legendary dodge, and i still got my initial speed of 1290.
This is strange, even with low agility they have the same speed. I looked into raws and couldn't find a reason right away, I will look into it :).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:14:59 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: December 20, 2010, 02:02:10 pm »

The tree color is white because I have colored trees (green leaves/brown trunk), I dislike green trunks.

That's not what I meant, the Phoebus tileset (the original) has completely white trees but in-game the trees actualy have brown trunks, your implemented Phoebus seems to have all trees precoulored with brown trunks and green leaves, meaning that in-game all trees have the same (more or less) colour, as opposed to the some trees having other colours (Full white/full brown)

Sorry about the description, I'm not so good with explinations.

btw: I really like the rune idea, it would fit in well with the game, any ideas on the labor to use or the amount of runes?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: December 20, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »

Sounds like a great way to make gems more relevant to the game.  I'm also glad you're adding some upgraded dwarven weaponry, since it's seemed like the enemy usually has deadlier weapons.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: December 20, 2010, 02:55:07 pm »

Is there any way I could get Genesis in a non rar file.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: December 20, 2010, 03:04:11 pm »

Ow werewolves hurt!  (And doors don't stop them) First siege about a year in and they wiped 5 of my 10 man military in steel.  They had bugger all skills though so that might have had had something to do with it.

Are werewolves meant to arrive on mounts, one of them was on a sand antlion.  Definitely makes it more challenging though, I hadn't found it that hard to survive so far.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: December 20, 2010, 03:32:56 pm »

Same for me, I locked the doors and waited untill they left but even after training a military for 3 years they failed against them, markdwarves might be better against werewolves in a fledgling fortress.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: December 20, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

Is there any way I could get Genesis in a non rar file.
Which version do you want?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 642