Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228360 times)

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18b ϟ]
« Reply #4260 on: December 19, 2010, 02:26:16 pm »

EDIT: Entwives are faggots.

Was that pun intentional?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ]
« Reply #4261 on: December 19, 2010, 02:29:09 pm »

All of my quests are to kill entwives and the one time they showed up in fortress mode, my military put them down without so much as a tip of the hat. Why are they everywhere if they can't even beat a poorly armed militia?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: December 19, 2010, 02:33:44 pm »

I dl'd 3.18d but the folder inside was called 3.18c. Misspelled or missarchived?

EDIT
Seems like misspell since I now get guys with swords in castles :D. Can't wait for new races.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:53:55 pm by Ovg »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: December 19, 2010, 02:34:48 pm »

Entwives can't even beat wrestler recruits, they are problems if your civilians get attacked though, because apparently civilians lack the "martial skill" of a recruit.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: December 19, 2010, 04:14:59 pm »

Just lost my first fortress to werewolves after they slaughtered my steel-battleaxe weilding army of six, they trained solidly for about three years.
Maybe I should have just left the werewolves outside, wait until they leave. This was only the second invasion, are markdwarves better for fortress defence?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:26 pm »

Fair enough, at least you can choose which trader to trade with.
Does anyone know how to get iron bars? Not pure iron, just iron - I need some for the blast furnace but don't yet know the ins and outs of the metalworking system.

/facepalm
Just found out how to get iron.

On a related note for planning purposes, how big is the blast furnace?

5x5 If I remember correctly. Make sure you have stockpiles for all the materials he needs very close by, else your smelter will spend more time running to get them than actually smelting.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: December 19, 2010, 11:39:11 pm »

Because I'm lazy, is pure iron magma-safe?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: December 20, 2010, 12:44:52 am »

Entwives can't even beat wrestler recruits, they are problems if your civilians get attacked though, because apparently civilians lack the "martial skill" of a recruit.
The problem of ents and entwives (ents are "common" trees like oak, rowan, birch, yew etc. and entwives are fruit trees like apple, peach, pear, plum etc.) is their speed. So once soldiers learn how to dodge, they should deal with them easily. Those who do not know how to dodge though are usually tenderized.

On a related note for planning purposes, how big is the blast furnace?
A blast furnace is 5x5.

Because I'm lazy, is pure iron magma-safe?
[MELTING_POINT:12768]
Magma temperature is 12000 urists, so it is magma-safe.

All of my quests are to kill entwives and the one time they showed up in fortress mode, my military put them down without so much as a tip of the hat. Why are they everywhere if they can't even beat a poorly armed militia?
You probably have a savage forest as one of your map biomes. Ents are pretty frequent in savage forests (frequency 30%), but savage forests are not too frequent on the whole map, so they have a normal population in the world. You were just lucky to settle near them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: December 20, 2010, 12:56:58 am »

HARMLESS, HUH?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: December 20, 2010, 02:04:46 am »

The poor dog was probably in the water where it was slowed down, while the minnows are very fast. So yeah, it sucked all blood out of its throat. And I think there were more than one, right? There are "shaking" attacks on different parts of the dog which follow each other, so it probably had a whole bunch of minnows hanging on its skin.

P.S. Also this (this is the FIRST thing which comes up when you google harmless minnow pics)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71709.msg1755728#msg1755728

P.P.S. "Harmless minnows: a new CARP of DF" :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:08:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: December 20, 2010, 02:21:07 am »

Okay, after reading another thread... And considering that there will be 3 more races 2 of which are enemies...

Would you like an addition of a dwarven Xbow? Yes, AXEbow? An axe which shoots small serrated discs? I will not make it too overpowered but I want to make it stronger than a crossbow and like a mediocre axe in melee. I think I will make a couple of other advanced weapons and they will require a special crafting workshop.

But still, how is the idea in general?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: December 20, 2010, 02:45:46 am »

HARMLESS, HUH?
{Harmless minnows murdering mastiff}

Wow. To think all that time I was wondering why all of my dwarves were freaking out when a 'Harmless minnow' came close.

Oh and an axe that shoots disks? How does that work? I thought it would be come kind of crossbow that shoots these disks, otherwise it sounds fine. What materials will you need for the axe and the ammo?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: December 20, 2010, 02:50:36 am »

Okay, after reading another thread... And considering that there will be 3 more races 2 of which are enemies...

Would you like an addition of a dwarven Xbow? Yes, AXEbow? An axe which shoots small serrated discs? I will not make it too overpowered but I want to make it stronger than a crossbow and like a mediocre axe in melee. I think I will make a couple of other advanced weapons and they will require a special crafting workshop.

But still, how is the idea in general?

So it has a serrated disc attached that you sling at enemies by swinging the axe?  Neat idea.  Sounds dwarfy, too.  Make it like a one shot thing that you can put on front line infantry to soften up the enemy before the melee.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: December 20, 2010, 02:51:41 am »

Yeah it would be a ranged weapon which chops and shoots discs. I didn't decide what exactly do I want, but it will probably require a HFS bar or some rare gem. I think I will make two workshops, one for a runecrafter dwarf and another for HFS which will require gems/HFS metal to make cool stuff.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:55:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: December 20, 2010, 02:59:41 am »

Yeah it would be a ranged weapon which chops and shoots discs. I didn't decide what exactly do I want, but it will probably require an HFS bar or some rare gem. I think I will make two workshop, one for a runecrafter and another for HFS, which would require gems/HFS metal to make cool stuff.

Not sure about that, it's a mix between ballance and not allowing the player to instantly have a good weapon and not only making sence but allowing the player to work towards it, which production lines are normaly only avaliable in a fully-fledged fortress?
I guess if there were two types of this weapon, a normal one and a magic-based one then that would allow a relativley weak weapon that is just better than the axe to be upgraded at a later stage to a weapon that rivals normal HFS weapons.
Will these workshops be specific to this single weapon or will they have more uses? It seems a waste to use extra workshops for individual weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 642