Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227832 times)

Urist McFly

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like his importance is... Dwarfed.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3855 on: November 16, 2010, 08:52:58 pm »

Urgh this is my 5th adventurer in a row that dies, genesis is uber hard or it's because i set my savagery at highest and put too many creatures lol i don't suck as much in normal df i'll get used to it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered due to hugeness.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:12 pm »

Ahaha yeah this is hardcore

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3857 on: November 16, 2010, 09:55:08 pm »

Hardcore is 5-20 tries on a 3-4 minutes long level in a 3d shooter or platformer.
Real hardcore is 30-100 tries on a 3-10 minutes long level in a 3d shooter or platformer. We call it "Japanese difficulty". Or "Nintendo hard". Oh, the 8-bit days.

Dwarf Fortress is:
oops, wrong lever, lava kills all, new fort.
oops, some idiot suicided atop wall in the dining room, tantrum, firebreath-dwarf sets fire to the booze-and-hospital area, massive tantrum spiral, new fort.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:57:35 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: November 16, 2010, 11:06:27 pm »

Seriously doom dwarves are truly 'doom'. My doom dwarf did something to a nightwing and it spontaneously burst into flame taking a pack of war dogs/elephants/tigers leaving my doom dwarf standing in the center of the spreading flames bleeding from his wounds.

I've now perfected keep construction hehe need a central keep with a roof around your main entrance and a curtain wall beyond that with a draw bridge being your main entry--the new flying evil creatures are goddamn murder but so will be my dwarf ranged squads. If my fortress survives long enough i plan on putting a roof around the entire curtain wall and connect it to my keep so i can keep out flying menaces with just my keep.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: November 16, 2010, 11:54:48 pm »

Edit: nvm.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:33:36 am by Ladde »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: November 17, 2010, 01:05:45 am »

Seriously doom dwarves are truly 'doom'. My doom dwarf did something to a nightwing and it spontaneously burst into flame taking a pack of war dogs/elephants/tigers leaving my doom dwarf standing in the center of the spreading flames bleeding from his wounds.

I've now perfected keep construction hehe need a central keep with a roof around your main entrance and a curtain wall beyond that with a draw bridge being your main entry--the new flying evil creatures are goddamn murder but so will be my dwarf ranged squads. If my fortress survives long enough i plan on putting a roof around the entire curtain wall and connect it to my keep so i can keep out flying menaces with just my keep.
They have to bite an enemy for it to explode. They really rare do it, so it's okay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: November 17, 2010, 04:01:58 am »

How do I use training Dummies?
And what is "rocktipe bolts" used for?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:06:28 am by Ladde »

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: November 17, 2010, 04:47:30 am »

I love the last few versions - back in 40D (and in the early days of 2010) I avoided adventure mode like a plague.  Now, it may be my favorite.  I still haven't worked out how to do things like crafting, and it makes me sad that the "renowned hero" would then retire as a peasant, but, hey, that's it goes.

The newly dubbed "Doom dwarves" are fun, but confusing.  Stinging any night creature instantly kills them, and the same with, say, wolves, but every other creature seems totally immune (Does it not work through any type of clothing?)

I do have some questions regarding Illithids, though!  I'm having a lot of fun playing as them, but they have a lot of features that you don't find elsewhere.  Are all of them large size?

"Sprout" is basically the 'thid's piercing sting attack, right?  They seem to have a lot of special attacks.  What skill do they use? (Bite, kick, etc).  Are attacks like "Dimensional Blast" or "Fleshwarper spear" tied to skills?  What about the Mind's "Touch"?  For the record, the touch attack leads to terribly inappropriate Japanese-style tentacle moments (Only much bloodier).

I know that most of the more powerful flayers are too large to wear clothing from other races; so is it possible to ever find or craft correctly-fitting armor or clothing?  Also, does there exist an Illithid small enough to wear the clothing/armor of other races?

I know adventurers don't need to eat right now, but I still find myself eating all the brains I find scattered in caves.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Illithid poison, does it do anything?  It doesn't seem to actually do anything.  Finally, sucking the blood out of your enemies, does it have any effect as well? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:05:55 am by rainekage »

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:07 am »

I know that most of the more powerful flayers are too large to wear clothing from other races; so is it possible to ever find or craft correctly-fitting armor or clothing?  Also, does there exist an Illithid small enough to wear the clothing/armor of other races?

Hope you get an answer. I asked the same question st the top of the page and was thoroughly ignored  :-\
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: November 17, 2010, 08:45:33 am »

I do have some questions regarding Illithids, though!  I'm having a lot of fun playing as them, but they have a lot of features that you don't find elsewhere.  Are all of them large size?
basic flayer and fleshwarper and grigori are size 70000, 70 kg. Maybe they do not have age of adulthood set, thus being adults at age zero??
master, 140kg, archmaster 280kg, void master 700kg,
Deon: void master "     USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE " unbracketed tag

"Sprout" is basically the 'thid's piercing sting attack, right?  They seem to have a lot of special attacks.  What skill do they use? (Bite, kick, etc).  Are attacks like "Dimensional Blast" or "Fleshwarper spear" tied to skills?  What about the Mind's "Touch"?  For the record, the touch attack leads to terribly inappropriate Japanese-style tentacle moments (Only much bloodier).
Sprout is [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100][ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100], blunt, with Bite skill, injects ILLITHID_TOXIN (dizzy)
I can't find dimensional blast.
fleshwarper and archmaster FBLADE, FMACE, FSPEAR use [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE] which means kicking skill.
Void master uses       [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE] [ATTACK_VERB:blast:blasts] kick skill to blast. Blunt.
touch uses [ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE] punching, blunt, using DEMON_NAIL fingers. and it sucks blood in addition to the dizzy-toxin.

Deon, outpost brain has [BODY_SIZE:0:0:70] [BODY_SIZE:3:0:7000] [BODY_SIZE:10000:0:700000]  so it might be age 4 cat-sized when it comes to siege you.

I believe you won't find correct-sized clothing for those larger than 70kg. Crafting does not let you choose large or small armor at the moment.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Illithid poison, does it do anything?  It doesn't seem to actually do anything.
it does only [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:300:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:20]  high dizziness. Hmm maybe should boost it to include sleepiness and nausea. And should start immediately I think.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:51:35 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:02 am »

What kind of illithid can fly? I can't figure it out when making a char, or do i have to be an outsider to be able to fly?

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: November 17, 2010, 10:00:23 am »

when playing as a gloomer or an obsidian dwarf how do i use my web spitting/fire spewing abilities in combat? is it an aimed attack, a wrestle screen, a [F]ire skill?

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:41 am »

when playing as a gloomer or an obsidian dwarf how do i use my web spitting/fire spewing abilities in combat? is it an aimed attack, a wrestle screen, a [F]ire skill?

I don't think you can use abilities in Adventuremode. Passive stuff still works.
This is what Deon said about it :)
You cannot use creature special abilities in adventure mode (at least yet) but the immunity to fire works (and probably not just on a caste level due to a weird DF behavior here).

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:00 am »

You cannot, Toady has not allowed it. You can choose to bite.

What kind of illithid can fly? I can't figure it out when making a char, or do i have to be an outsider to be able to fly?
Grigori and void master and outpost brain. ( [FLIER] tag in creature_illithid.txt)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:20:46 am by TomiTapio »

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: November 17, 2010, 10:32:53 am »

also does sting or bite apply poison effects and what are the poison effects? i have bitten and stung nords many times but nothing seems to happen, no message about poison injection either.

Edit: oh wow, disregard this, man that stuff is effective took 1 turn to melt the night creature
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:37:51 am by isabuea »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 642