Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227838 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3840 on: November 16, 2010, 05:52:47 pm »

and where on earth is an adventurer going to get gems? Dwarf livers, now those you can find...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3841 on: November 16, 2010, 05:57:19 pm »

and where on earth is an adventurer going to get gems? Dwarf livers, now those you can find...
Old forts most likey, they'd be very coomonplace. Also, i'm going with the magnitite idea. If your too lazy for a fort you can easily buy the charges as i set them to be toys. Also, all the charges should be made of the same material when created as i defined different toys instead.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 16, 2010, 05:58:39 pm »

wait... so they're toys... then how are you going to make them both stable enough to be in a store, and dangerous?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3843 on: November 16, 2010, 06:00:57 pm »

wait... so they're toys... then how are you going to make them both stable enough to be in a store, and dangerous?
The charges are the things used in magic reactions, not the actual results. This is so you don't lug bodies and bolders and barrels all over the place.

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:54 pm »

Awesome Deon, i get home from work, see the new release, look for your mod to see if you've made any updates and you already released with 3.18.. nice!!! Thanks! (goes to great a huuuge world now :P)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 16, 2010, 06:25:57 pm »

Oh yeah just made an awesome evil large region with 5 cavern layers after 435 rejects--gonna be some fun.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 16, 2010, 06:33:03 pm »

Old forts most likey, they'd be very coomonplace. Also, i'm going with the magnitite idea. If your too lazy for a fort you can easily buy the charges as i set them to be toys. Also, all the charges should be made of the same material when created as i defined different toys instead.

large gems often show up in shops and as loot in adventure mode.
the dwarf livers being 'easier to find' is kind of creepy to me.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3847 on: November 16, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »

Actually, you need small gems to make the staff, should that be changed?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 16, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

I like asking in this thread more than any other so here goes :>

Do you guys/gals have any good tip for military? How do you divide Training/Duty scheduling? And the squads?
From what I've read in other threads, small squads of 3-4 are best for training as your soldiers get most experience from sparring and there can only be one sparring match per squad so less dwarves in each squad=more sparring matches for each dwarf.  If you use danger rooms there's no need to bother though.  I just leave them all on default schedule really, they get enraged from being on duty for a long time but by then I usually have a decent cook and brewer so they get happy thoughts for that.  If you chain up animals near your entrance or around the map they will spot any ambushes and you can move your squads wherever you want then, I've never bothered sending mine out on patrol really.  They will take a break when they need to sleep/eat/drink so won't kill themselves, since a while ago at least.

Deon one small graphical bug I just noticed - the surface of brooks is using the same graphic as surface boulders/rocks.

I know for a fact that a squad can have as many sparring sessions at once as it once as long as it has the pair for it....I had a squad of 6 with 2 sets sparring (was set to 4 minimum units on the activity schedule)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »

In adventure mode soemtimes red tiles show up out of nowhere behind me and it's clay, is this a bug?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 16, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »

Actually, you need small gems to make the staff, should that be changed?
If you want adventurers straight out of world gen to be able to use it, then yes. Large gems exist. Small gems don't seem to.
Now that coins are back in, they are a good reactant, too. As is blood. THough it may be a bit bugged right now. My current adventurer is having difficulties with bugged Named Blood crashing the world if I try to empty the bucket it's in.
What about a spell book, written on dwarf skin?

EDIT: or mysteerious powders created with the mortar and pestle tool?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:23:36 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ojd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 16, 2010, 06:54:19 pm »

In adventure mode soemtimes red tiles show up out of nowhere behind me and it's clay, is this a bug?

This is normal.  Happens in Fortress mode as well.  The grass is being worn away as you walk on it.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »

Thanks ojd i never really realised it til i play with graphics

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 16, 2010, 08:04:15 pm »

Aren't illithids normal (human) sized? All clothes and armor I'm finding is small  :(

And I mean just plain ole mind flayer, not gith or brains or anything like that.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:08:09 pm by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:32 pm »

Urgh this is my 5th adventurer in a row that dies, genesis is uber hard or it's because i set my savagery at highest and put too many creatures lol i don't suck as much in normal df i'll get used to it
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 642