Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227554 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Any likelyhood of adding new weapons to reflect the All New Dual Wielding possibilities?
I don't think dual wielding gives you any extra attacks or benefits. Just a choice to attack this turn with weapon A of B. And a back-up blade when the other gets stuck in. But the backup sword can be kept in backpack too.

A glaive should require two hands to use, having a 6-7 feet long shaft and 1.5 foot scimitar-type blade.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

For those getting worldgen crashes - could you try and remove one of the dwarven castes from the raws and generate a new world? Ed: And if not, continue cutting it down until it works, then report the number of castes where it does?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:27:18 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's an issue with the worldgen, not with the mod. The mod has everything modded properly, but the new worldgen is very unstable.

I've tested new night creature possibilities on vanilla and adding three new semimegabeasts caused the game to crash terribly.

So I tell it like 5th time, sit through the crashes when you generate the world, it won't affect you after that. And wait for a bugfix release from Toady while you play your 100-300 y.o. worlds.

And if not, continue cutting it down until it works, then report the number of castes where it does?
I don't think that castes have anything to do with it. It's either new semimegabeasts the mod offers, or an increased amount of nations.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, with the baron fixed, I wonder if the vanilla dungeon master works. If he does, then I will have to pet_exotic so many stuff again and set a proper dungeon master.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple of wee questions about the tomes.  Does it make a difference to have higher quality vellums and tomes?  Using a better tanner seems to get better quality vellums but anyone seems able to make tomes.  And is there a stockpiling option for tomes & vellums?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are under "toys", and the quality doesn't matter since there's no way to change the skill increment during the actions.

You may want mastercraft tomes to be put on display though.

The tomes are affected by the "knowledge acquisition" skill which is not toggleable, but you can limit the scribing process to the best scribes using the "profile" menu.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I am making a new release soon. Nothing savebreaking, mostly some tweaks to reaction and the most important part is the change in some layer permits for armor.

You will be able to wear masks over anything now (they do not replace helms/caps) and you can wear hauberks under helms.
Also you will be able to wear only two mail shirts under a breastplate instead of three.

P.S. To be correct: you will be able to wear 1 helm and 1 hauberk/ 1 helm 1 cap and 1 hauberk / 1 cap and 2 hauberks.

I am going to add hauberks to dwarves too. More protection options = better.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:27:21 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't find any shops. What are the icon for shops on the Worldmap?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The same as for cottages (a block), but it's yellow.

Also the release is almost here. I've added a ton of tomes to the library, so now many of the useful skills are covered (various crafting, smithing, farming/cooking/brewing skills and even melee/ranged fighting skills) and when you write a book, there's a small chance (5%) that an additional Platinum tome with a funky name will appear. You can sell those or store them in your library halls on display cases.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

3.17e
- 3.17e Tweaks to armor/helmet sizes (you can now wear masks over everything, hauberk under helms, only two chainmails etc.); kobolds got claw hammers, clubs, capes and cloaks (and sometimes tunics/wests); multiple new tomes for the Library; a chance to recieve platinum tomes when writing new tomes; skill to write tomes is now Teaching (was "Student").
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

From the devlog

Quote from: Toady One
Fixed a world gen crash related to civilization populations mixing and secondary population members taking over leadership roles in the absence of historical figures when caste mods are present.
So that's what caused the tons of worldgen crashes.
I'm glad it's fixed for the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Abilities like:
"Salamanders
Fire serpents, they breathe fire and are immune to it. A terrible enemy indeed."

Does these work in Adventure mode? If so, how?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You cannot use creature special abilities in adventure mode (at least yet) but the immunity to fire works (and probably not just on a caste level due to a weird DF behavior here).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it doesn't matter if I spawn as a Steel Dwarf or a Shroom Dwarf? Or are these abilities as fire immunites.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It really matters. Steel dwarves has much higher stats, harder body tissues and disease  immunity.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 642