Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227867 times)

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'd say an update with the wiki but for something in game i don't know

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Oops, I think I removed it in the latest versions because it was not up do date :/.

I will update it and put it in soon.

Any ideas or requests for a Halloween release? :P

- What is a goblin's favorite dessert?
- I-Scream!!

Pumpkins
Jackolantern toy trade items. (made of "Carved Pumpkin" ?)
Headless Centaurs with "Flaming Pumpkin Breath" (burning globs of pumpkin?)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Pumpkins are in like... from the first release?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A small chance for a dwarf to be born a psychopath, who at a certain age, simply goes beserk. Is that possible?

Also: maybe some sort of witch monster that exudes toxins causing minor syndromes?

Hirkyl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey I'm wondering what is the purpose behind some of the new workshops for instance:
-Altars of Nature and War
-Philosophers garden
-Potted plant
-Display case

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already the thread is way too long for me to find it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Altars allow you to "sacrifice" something in exchange for something else.
Display cases simply allow you to put any item on display for room value or asthetics.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, Lord Shonus is right.

I.e. Altar of war takes weapons and has a really low chance to give you an uberweapon. I just thought that some community game may want an altar of sorts, and I didn't want to add a building without a purpose.

Philosopher's garden allows you to train concentration and something else, I should check. Again, it's for flavor mostly, because I don't think that the concentration skill makes a big difference for now.

Potted plant is just to make your plazas, squares and corridors to look prettier.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pumpkins are in like... from the first release?

? they are? Wow. I have never run across them in all the forts I've made.
I more included that one as the prereq. for the following ones.

Display cases also make the "display" item unstealable. Which is hella-useful.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Any ideas or requests for a Halloween release? :P
I had the Demon Cats earlier, biting adventurers' ankles and being a general nuisance. (emails them to Deon)

A small chance for a dwarf to be born a psychopath, who at a certain age, simply goes beserk. Is that possible?
Not possible. Could make gloomers super-grumpy, and may be they would never make a friend then. High anger and low patience too.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe a rare caste of dwarf that exudes mildly toxic gas, but has a heatdam point of 0?

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, you should get ready for 31.17 ;P
Also, will you update Wasteland after the new DF release?
I'm wondering, because it adds aimed attacks=xenomorph face bites!

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile

Awesome idea (i hope) a non playable undead race that roams the maps and kill thing which in then turns them undead. it would be a cool idea but it would need to be limited to what it can do. for example how would you like over 200 undead things appearing out of the blue? (OH GOD! THE LAGG!) maybe they start with like... say 10 of them when they decide to attack your base. and whatever they kill on the map turns undead? Just thinking of this makes me see alot of players putting up quarrentine areas (incase it happens they make it into your base) 8)
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or xenomorphs that grapple - then inject?
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Awesome idea (i hope) a non playable undead race that roams the maps and kill thing which in then turns them undead. it would be a cool idea but it would need to be limited to what it can do. for example how would you like over 200 undead things appearing out of the blue? (OH GOD! THE LAGG!) maybe they start with like... say 10 of them when they decide to attack your base. and whatever they kill on the map turns undead? Just thinking of this makes me see alot of players putting up quarrentine areas (incase it happens they make it into your base) 8)
I had around 250 attackers at a time and it was not laggy as long as nobody was a building destroyer. Otherwise your FPS would die :P. I am careful now with that token.

Sure. That's the main thing which holds me back. I just don't want to update both versions (and actually it would make 6 versions, considering all the tileset/ASCII fuss) of .12/.16. I will just move on .17 with both mods. I also wanted to include new critters into the Wasteland mod after I've played Fallout: New Vegas.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile

scince this would be my first mod ive ever downloaded i need some help... where do i extract / put the file at?
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 642