Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227944 times)

Setharnas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if you make a web item that can be "t"rowed?
Then you'd essentially get a ball of yarn to throw at your enemies.

Yay for cat problem solver. :D
(Appreciatingly stolen from thijser)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i found that salamanders are not that fire resistant xD

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and i found that at least salamanders, but maybe other races asides dwarfs (and maybe elfs) make armors through crafting that doesnt fit themselves

salamander>make gauntlets>large gauntlets...  cant be selled because cant talk to humans

after a bit of testing, i found that nagas cant either make armors for their size, they make large instead as salamanders, unwearable and unsellable...  but its somewhat compensated (i think) by the fact that my black naga warrior has equipped in his 4 hands the lance and dagger that you get at the beggining, a myriad of tools for making leather shields, and 12 leather shields maded by myself xD (2 of them are dragonscale)

reedit: the shield count keep going and going, i have 16 now, just beaten a minotaur witout a scratch (sad because mi naga doesnt want to butcher him xD) and feel like the entire 300 spartans, a wall of shields and lances xD
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:41:21 pm by Mechanist »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I've got some scale from a cave tortoise I butchered in fortress mode, can I use it for anything? Or is it only usable in adventure mode?

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If im right, you have to tan it like a leather, then you can make fom clothes and backpacks, to armors and shields.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

The tanner's shop didn't automatically tan it, I don't think. Iiii guess it could've already been tanned and I didn't realize I guess. Would it be treated scale, or what?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, I have to look into it. I haven't changed vanilla scale, so probably it's not tannable yet. Then let it rot :). But it should be tannable, so I will make sure that it works later.

And crafting armor is currently broken due to the reactions' size bug. I used Lofn's "wanderer's friend" mod as a base for adv. crafting (he's credited of course) and didn't remove it because once the bug is fixed, it will be working allright.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I see, okay. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. Thanks!

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Deon or anyone else who knows.  How do I get the Library to work?  I want to train diagnosis but when I go to add nothing is available.  When I do j, m , q I can make a read and write diagnosis tomes but it will not write them and and when I schedule read it just keeps telling me that it needs tomes.  Have I missed a step?

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er, I suppose I should mention this -- my anti-virus went to full on red-alert when I tried to visit the first page in this thread, complaining about one of the links. X-something.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Mine did also.  Said it used links from a known malware sight or some such.  I would get you the message but I clicked ignore it and no longer get the message.
I

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, aside from waiting till the size bug is fixed, i think that te crafting has an option to make a comb that doesnt work for anything, and it will be really usefull the options to "hone" the other weapons that you can make, like axes and swords (perhaps maces and hammers too) it would be really great, and also the option to repair socks and the other items that isnt listed to repair

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

The comb is used to turn fleeces into thread.  At least, that's what it's for in the base WF mod, there might not be any woolly creatures in Genesis.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon or anyone else who knows.  How do I get the Library to work?  I want to train diagnosis but when I go to add nothing is available.  When I do j, m , q I can make a read and write diagnosis tomes but it will not write them and and when I schedule read it just keeps telling me that it needs tomes.  Have I missed a step?
Oooh I didn't think about using the manager menu.  The step you're missing is to make vellums at a tanner out of leather, then make the books at a scriptorium, anyone seems able to write books.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the best settings for a map gen that has most/all of the civs at embark?
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 642