Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228036 times)

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there some kind of readme with all the featues explained ( like the new building )? I just can't seem to find it anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:24:31 am by YouR_DooM »
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I'll upload the save here in a bit, Deon.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just downloaded this yesterday and enjoying it so far, I especially liked that one of my turkeys went for the throat of a minotaur titan.  But it seems to crash a fair bit, usually when I'm looking at stuff with k or v, is this just a DF thing or are there any ideas on how to fix it?  Just had it crash after twenty odd migrants turned up and I'd set up the military and mining out a fair bit which was a wee bit annoying, I've lost my legendary tanner too!  Fortunately I've still got my legendary soaper from a previous wave...

Awesome work though, no idea what most of the stuff does again so it's like a whole new game.

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile

Sounds pretty cool. I'm downloading now  ;)
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obsidian dwarves capacity for starting forest fires = very much. A bunch of unrevealed thieves died in the flames.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just downloaded this yesterday and enjoying it so far, I especially liked that one of my turkeys went for the throat of a minotaur titan.  But it seems to crash a fair bit, usually when I'm looking at stuff with k or v, is this just a DF thing or are there any ideas on how to fix it?  Just had it crash after twenty odd migrants turned up and I'd set up the military and mining out a fair bit which was a wee bit annoying, I've lost my legendary tanner too!  Fortunately I've still got my legendary soaper from a previous wave...

Awesome work though, no idea what most of the stuff does again so it's like a whole new game.
It was stable before so this may be something new DF related... I don't know. I play it normally without any crashes, which is strange. Did you change something in init or generated a world in a previous version?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Is there some kind of readme with all the featues explained ( like the new building )? I just can't seem to find it anywhere.
The best you can get now is Genesis Wiki.

Well, and the first post here shows most of the content.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best you can get now is Genesis Wiki.

Well, and the first post here shows most of the content.

Damn, there are so many building I know nothing about :D I guess I'll have to go with trial and error...

Thanks anyway

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a little giant problem: I started a megaproject with this mod and needed a specific map, that I found after some generating. Problem is there was no magma...

Now, after nearly 2 or more hours, I wanted to place some magma with DFhack and make a giant crafting room. Problem is ( and I obv didn't know that ), that these buildings don't show up if there is no magma on the map.

Can I do anything to get the building in my current save, or is it FUBAR? Please don't tell me I have just waster 2 straight hours into designing :(

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

I have a little giant problem: I started a megaproject with this mod and needed a specific map, that I found after some generating. Problem is there was no magma...

Now, after nearly 2 or more hours, I wanted to place some magma with DFhack and make a giant crafting room. Problem is ( and I obv didn't know that ), that these buildings don't show up if there is no magma on the map.

Can I do anything to get the building in my current save, or is it FUBAR? Please don't tell me I have just waster 2 straight hours into designing :(
No magma seas or volcanoes?
I'm surprised.
(Try placing magma in a hidden spot, and digging it out)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was stable before so this may be something new DF related... I don't know. I play it normally without any crashes, which is strange. Did you change something in init or generated a world in a previous version?
Nope haven't changed a thing other than set autosave to seasonal in the init file, I've just downloaded the graphics 3.16 version and went with that.  It's not crashing on the season change though so I doubt that's it.  No worries though, I got a legendary cheese maker on my reload.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The only problem which I am aware of are snakes by TomiTapio, they need [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] under male/female caste definition. Try to fix them and see if it fixes crashes
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No magma seas or volcanoes?
I'm surprised.
(Try placing magma in a hidden spot, and digging it out)

I found the magma sea and pierced it, but the magma buildings didn't pop up. I also tried the "place hidden magma" trick, but nothing...

Any other way before I just smash the pc ? Can I modify some file?

P.S.: I use the vanilla mod, no other mods, 31.16 and generated the world in this with some sort of custom parameters.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:19:37 am by YouR_DooM »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

I had frequent repeatable crashes in .16.  Whenever I looked at anyones inventory it would usually crash.  I was able to fix mine by using a save from .12 instead of my save from .13 or .14.  It appears that something happened during the whole .13, .14 upgrade process that caused it to not work in .16.  Since switching to the older save I have not had any lockups.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 642