Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228122 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.12b/14ϟ]
« Reply #3345 on: October 05, 2010, 02:23:27 am »

Deon

I was wondering if you are going to use the new Ironhand .49 graphics in your next update.  I tried copying the upgrade version over the top of what I have now (DF 31.16 with your 31.14 graphical applied to it.)  It looks better when I do this but when I use v and look at inventory the game crashes.  If I do not add Ironhand I do not have this problem.  I am not sure if it is a problem with Ironhand or if it is something caused by me copying stuff over stuff over stuff.

Anyway, I figure you will have a much better handle on what is going on than I do. 

Thanks Again

Edit: Ok, it just did it without the new Ironhand installed.  Just 31.16 with your 31.14 copied over it.  Hopefully this is being caused by the way I copied it over and not by Either of the installed packages. 
Morwaul
So you can't get .16 to work, huh? It was nothing different for me. I may have to upload the .16 fix without major additions if stuff like that happens...

And I didn't use ironhand 49 yet because I need to reinstall Photoshop to merge the tilesets.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 05, 2010, 05:32:13 am »

It's 0.31.16 time!

Genesis 3.16 is released

Note that I've used Ironhand's tiles for letters and water depth, but with the current DF bug with descriptions and thoughts (they still use tileset letters even with TrueType font on) you will have a hard time to read them (although it's easy to get used to it).

If you don't want the beautiful water and better tiles instead of letters (supports, workshop parts etc.) then go to /data/init/init.txt and change ironhand_mix.png to ironhand_text.png.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WoooooOOOOOoooooo!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've also placed a new, a bit more intense and epic, midi soundtrack for the fortress mode. High five to the man who can guess what the music is from.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

I've also placed a new, a bit more intense and epic, midi soundtrack for the fortress mode. High five to the man who can guess what the music is from.
Deonland 2?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Are there any issues with migrating a save to 31.16 from 31.12 that make Fortress mode unplayable?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, new version!

Quick question about modding, how do I make the enemies attack you more often like the orcs in Dig Deeper (Dig Dwarfier was the one I played, actually. But the orcs are the same)?

FPS dies for me when the bad guys show up with the big guns (like, announcing themselves instead of ambushing) , so I want them to come earlier, even if it means its 30 illithids vs 7 dwarves holed up inside.

OK, maybe not exactly a 'quick' question.  :P

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just plant your fortress somewhere near a lot of civs - you dont need to mod (unless the concern is for a current fort). I have a ridiculous number of civs near mine - I think theres 12 in the list now, and several of them hate my guts. I get caravans 2 at a time, almost every season, and with them come ambushes and thieves. Makes life pretty exciting - I'm amazed  I still get migrants regularly to replenish the dwarves that die. The more fools they, anyone with military use immediately gets conscripted for cannon fodder :)

I started on a mountain adjacent to dense forest, and the last fight I had caused a forest fire of epic proportions when one of my Obsidian Dwarves breathed fire into the woods. Much "fun" ensued.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, Warcraft 2 music = win.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

:). My last fortresses were pretty militaristic so I've decided that I need some change from good old Ultima songs. Also while I searched for it, I've got a ton of cool midi files, including soundtracks to DooM and Duke Nukem :).

Yeah, Pan, it all depends on their distance, some random factors and your wealth. Usually sieges arrive along with caravans, so as soon as you start to attract merchants, you begin to attract fun.

Are there any issues with migrating a save to 31.16 from 31.12 that make Fortress mode unplayable?
There're no issues, but you should open your save raw folder and add [UNDIGGABLE] to slade, or you will start to dig it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 05, 2010, 10:38:48 am »

So you can't get .16 to work, huh? It was nothing different for me. I may have to upload the .16 fix without major additions if stuff like that happens...

And I didn't use ironhand 49 yet because I need to reinstall Photoshop to merge the tilesets.

Ok, I have determined the cause of my problem.  True Type Fonts and the save I am bringing into .16.  I did quite a bit of testing and the anytime I am using my save from .14 and TTFs are enabled the game crashes when looking at the inventory of units.  Dwarves, Dogs, etc.  It does not do it every time but seems to be rather random.  I have had the crash occur on the first dwarf I viewed and on the 20th.  But, if running the cursor over bunches of dwarves with v, i on it will do it within 30 seconds every time.  It also does not matter if it is Genesis or Vanilla DF.  If TTFs are enabled it will crash.  If I go back to my save from .12 and bring it into .16 Genesis I do not have the problem even with TTF enabled.  Evidently something in .13 or .14 messed up my file so that TTFs have issues...

Hopefully this helps anyone else that might be having similar issues.

worthy1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Just a minor request, I remember a tile set I liked back in 40d that had diagonal walls (can't quite remember which one, mayday maybe?) and I was wondering if it would be possible to do diagonal walls in Genesis?

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile

LOL, i bet toady will release 0.31.17 by saturday :3 hell, toady is updating faster than Markus Persson (Notch(Minecraft!)) can! bu atleast notch is coding up for a massive Halloween update :D www.minecraft.net/boo/

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, that sounds great.

Fishing, biomes + another dimension. Hell yeah :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

question: is there any way to switch the tileset on this mod from Ironhand's to Mayday's? i'm trying it out, and i honestly really cant stand how dark ironhand's graphics set is.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 642