Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228354 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

My main problem with Ironhand is the walls' |_ for diagonals instead of \. and yes, I'm aware that I can use the ASCII version of Genesis then install Phoebus on top of it, but I want to continue my current game in the Ironhand version of Genesis.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page

Dragonshardz, You can probably do like Deon told me on the last page and install the ascii version of Gen then copy the graphics pack on top of it.  I have to say, however, that Ironhand just upgraded his graphics pack.  I downloaded the upgrade version (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2617) of it and then copied it right over Genesis 31.13 graphical.  Major improvement.  The ground is a bit lighter and OMG the fonts are awesome.  I'd try it out before dismissing the it altogether.

btw, Deon.  Thanks for the help earlier.  I know

Wow, I just downloaded that pack and installed it over Genesis "0.31.14". And the fonts are amazing, totally amazing. Just 1 problem. When I read engravings, rather than showing the true fonts, it reverts back to the tileset. So all the "o" are wells, etc...
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Figured it out, nevermind. I have Phoebus now, yay!

Antilope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Is it common with genesis to get somewhat early Beast-Attacks? I'm one full year into my fort and it's not too valuable yet but already one cyclops arrived.

2. Anyone else experiencing crashes when inspecting megabeast bodyparts (either by [k] or by looking up bodyparts in the stock menu)? I had this now after dispatching the cyclops and i had this in an older fort (genesis 3.09 *i think*) with a dead hydra.

Edit: Apparently connected to True Type. Don't know if it's a genesis/ironhand interference or a vanilla bug.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:47:01 am by Antilope »

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm back to playing this mod again, playing Genesis 3.1 on DF 31.12. The amount of testicle chopping my military is doing right now is kind of scary.

I've found a minor bug in the ASCII version, some of the plants don't have a character so they show up as blank. I think carrots and chilies maybe?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah it was reported, I just forgot to fix it. It's not "don't have a character", they have a character defined like ")" while it no longer works for plants (it requires an exact tile number, I don't know which DF version broke it).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I'm back to playing this mod again, playing Genesis 3.1 on DF 31.12. The amount of testicle chopping my military is doing right now is kind of scary.
Aye, I had to make MALEGEN_PROTECTED where the parts are INTERNAL to be protected by armor and clothes. Some animals have the "normal" MALEGEN, external parts like EARS and NOSE. Try the latest version of Genesis.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah I've included this tweak... Is there anything else but adding UNDIGGABLE in the raws? It may be fast to "fix" it for 0.31.14 and then I should make it quick.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've already updated ASCII version, give me some time I am a bit busy here and I will release the graphical for 0.31.14.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mumblerit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i experienced an odd sort of bug not sure if it was genesis or core df that caused the issue or maybe I am just crazy

I attacked the nord caravan as they came into the trade depot however I stopped the attack before the nord liasion died.  Approximately 5 minutes later a Nordic Diplomat arrived and stood at the corner of the map.  Following this at least half of my army started attacking my dwarves..  Killing children etc.  The hunters started shooting at people trying to kill the various swords and axe dwarves in my keep. 

Giving the military orders did nothing to stop the chaos.

What happened!?!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Some hillarity :P. It's obviously not moddable so you've hit some DF weird behavior.

Also anyone who wants to play with us via telnet (multiplayer DF in 1 fort... kinda) can contact me. We're playing it now with Darkchaos.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man I just had a huge dose of Nostalgia when I loaded up Genesis mod, an updated Ultima Online theme tune starts playing, that takes me back over 10 years ago and actually makes me miss those days.   :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Glad to hear it, Leesin :P.

We're playing right now, we wield a cheetah corpse and kill stuff with thrown blood :D.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

luuletaja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am rather noob overall and especially with this mod, having discovered it couple of hours ago, but there is already a request that I would love to make....So long story short and more time to chop off the testicles of unwanted menaces - is there a way to make a rail, ie metal border so one could make balconies and inner courtyards. I really like that design element and love to incorporate empty spaces in my fortresses.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Vertical bars form nice rails.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 642