Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228332 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I've begun playing Genesis 31.12b myself, and I'm liking it so far. Ironhand takes a bit of getting used to, but I've got a vanilla DF running Phoebus, so it's no biggie.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

I find no real issue with embarking with one military dwarf and a few pieces of cassiterite and tetrahedrite (which means instant bronze armor). Considering the fact that I usually bring a weapon/armorsmith in my starting 7 pack, I get a fine bronze armor ready to withstand any animals.

I tend to always make a woodcutter/axedwarf, and usually bring a weapon/armorsmith as well.  It's mostly that I have terrible luck with starting creatures and tend to embark on a pile of alligators before I can smelt or forge something.  Oh well, it's more fun that frolicking with elves.

fox967

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ive been playing DF for about a year, and i began playing your mod soon after DF2010 came out, and ive got to say, i love it, Deon. :)
I dont think i'll be able (EVER) to go back to vanilla DF. :3

Just a well done, really.

So, WELL DONE :D
Quote from: Argoroth
Quote from: NRN_R_Sumo1
at this point I'd wager on it being either a penis or a beard.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Of course it's either a penis or a beard!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Hurrah, more Genesis players! Remember, Deon is good at drawing creature icons, so we can quite easily add more wildlife.
I too can't go back to vanilla, where it would be only goblins as adversaries, and they get defeated by a row of 20 wooden cage traps.
I have toned my trapcomponents down a little, I think the giant axe and serrated disc are a little too strong for self-resetting trap with stone mechanisms. Too bad I can't adjust their price (hardcoded!), one quality serrated steel disc is 40 000 €... When the steel chain mails should be the priciest items in the world (barring adamantine).

I found some rather dwarfy items in a shop today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: woot, DF .31.14 is out!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:10:59 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wow, those are some badass toys. They do not look utterly realistic, but I really like the design :P. The current "undead" theme is not my favourite too (it's a bit unserious), but I still like them a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page

Wow,

This mod is simply wonderful. Been following the Genesis Adventures, (With Plumphelmet, sorry for typos).

I was about to start a game with 3.13, but then I heard about the migration issues, being solved in 3.14. Is it that bad playing with 3.13?

Since I'm completely clueless to modding DF, I'm guessing it'll take a while to get Genesis up to 3.14?

My hats off to the DF team, and the Genesis Mod team. Complete insanity, there is more content in this game then 10 recent AAA titles combined togheter. Oldschool graphics aside, this game really brings back the insane complexity early PC games had.

People had no idea how to design interfaces, clunky controls, but some of the games offered mind blowing experiences to however was able to hurdle over the obstacles.

DF2010 is amazing, and I can't wait to see it grow into it's full potential.

Regards,
V
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I will update it soon, currently I am busy reinstalling windows and components :P.

If you want to do it yourself, copy /data/speech/, /data/art/, /data/init/, /data/sound/ and /raw/ folders from 3.13 version to the clean install of 0.31.14.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet Gods of Gaming!

If it's that easy, if my workday can end... I'm on it!

lol

Thanks Deon!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

where is the male gen and female gen body parts in the raws?

I wish to edit them to not get damaged so much

and if possible ... literally give everyone balls of steel

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

body_faerun.txt

Also they are internal and small, so you're probably unlucky :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, trying to generate a world with Genesis Mod & 3.14 causes the game to crash. I guess it might have to do with those new sliders at world gen?

Cheers,

V

EDIT: It seems to be related when touching any of the 'site', 'civilization', beasts & wilderness. If you increase world / history size it doesn't seem to cause it to crash.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:16:39 am by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

Yeah, when using the Genesis Mode on 0.31.14 I get something weird happen when i "plan carefully" in dwarf mode. You start with the vanilla loadout, but I have no points left and my dwarves have no skill.

I quickly checked what would happen if I did "Play Now" and on top of having the same items and my dwarves had some skills.

Looks like some of the item values were changed so maybe the default loadout causes issues?

No idea.

Oh well!

Harsher times ahead :D
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just add more avaliable points in the world generation parameters.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Okay, I'm really not liking Ironhand's graphics. I'd like to replace them with Phoebus' graphics. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the graphics replacement from screwing up my current fort?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Dragonshardz, You can probably do like Deon told me on the last page and install the ascii version of Gen then copy the graphics pack on top of it.  I have to say, however, that Ironhand just upgraded his graphics pack.  I downloaded the upgrade version (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2617) of it and then copied it right over Genesis 31.13 graphical.  Major improvement.  The ground is a bit lighter and OMG the fonts are awesome.  I'd try it out before dismissing the it altogether.

btw, Deon.  Thanks for the help earlier.  I know you said the skeleton in a cage thing is a bug but I searched for it and cannot find any solutions.  For some reason it is bugging the crap out of me.  Is there a way to fix it or can you tell me where to look for a solution if one exists.  Oh, and thank you for the heads up on doing the upgrade to .14 manually.

Thanks again man, you are definitely Legendary.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 642