Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228766 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Here's one fort, Sealarmors, based on "home is where the magma smelters are." This case, deep on -42...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ps. I know there's pathing slow-down from having lots of people up and down the main stairs.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:15:27 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My (useless) advice for release packages, Deon - i wondered why downloading takes so long, and then realized, that you added utils there, maybe better idea would be splitting these(Genesis, utils) packs for next releases?
Also - there are newer runesmith and dfhack versions available...not to mention stonesense.

Anyway, congratz on release. So far, so good. Game did not even need to create error.log so far.

upd: ..i realized i used my mixtileset, but when i used that your one i got..weird effect:

312(WEIRD ground, isn't it? is this how it should look like??):
my old ironhandmix(ground's ok, but notice inverted tree colors, lol, too tired to edit this now..i wonder why they are inverted, btw..):
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:15:34 pm by McBeer »
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

Oh, a new version!  I had just abandoned anyway; it was about six in the morning, and I had embarked on a three-river convergent point (Creating a three Z-level waterfall).  In attempting to create a waterfall entrance in my tiredness, I opened the entrance a level too low and drowned my two miners.

The wonders of insomnia DF playing.  Time to play the new version before work!

Edit:  Excuse my ignorance (Although I created basically created the account to ask questions!), but on the wiki, there are numbers next to the listed metals, such as silver (15) - Is this the wealth multiplier for items made from that material?  That would imply that spellwood and sun gold are more valuable than both aluminum and platinum, so do I have it mixed up?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:16:03 pm by rainekage »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

I'm merging the 3.12 raws to my installation now.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SUNGOLD_MAKING]
[NAME:make sun gold bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD_SUN][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
Is it intentionally 3 stacks into 1 stack?

Noticed that arrows and bolts are smaller now.

I have nerfed eland count down to     [POPULATION_NUMBER:8:20]  [CLUSTER_NUMBER:4:12]
Nords still have     [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]    [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:UNCOMMON]
I have given some civs     [PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]    [PERMITTED_REACTION:RENDER_FAT]    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOAP]
I limit strawberries to [SPRING][SUMMER]
I think I will make elite_wood_template, so bolts of pricy dense hardwoods will hit harder than pine/birch/palm bolts. I give chestnut, ash, and maple 2x value, based on stuff i read on the web.
Hmm, [INORGANIC:BLACK ZIRCON] some gems have space in itemname, probably from vanilla.

(test with adventurer. The trees look great! Hmm, I'd put the down-dagger symbol plant on the to-do list, it stands out a lot, high contrast. It's eg. beet, aspen sapling, cucumber, peas. // Dandelion symbol is a green leafless tree, I'd try to improve on that. // I seem to have put slightly too much pain to some tissues, first hammer-to-leg causes goat's extreme pain. Pain down, bleed up. Repeat.)
Maybe could use the weightsymbol/capitalgamma/gallows in some workshops.
Hmm, zombie lions and zombie kangaroos die of one mace-hit (from superdwarfy adventurer.)

on the wiki, there are numbers next to the listed metals, such as silver (15) - Is this the wealth multiplier for items made from that material?  That would imply that spellwood and sun gold are more valuable than both aluminum and platinum, so do I have it mixed up?
Yep, that's the material's multiplier value. Common wood and common stone has 1, and now the lowest metals have 3 (previously 1). So now silver is 5x the value of lead. Yes, spellwood and sungold are valuable -- dwarves can't make those, so they (probably) adore those materials. "Look! Look! I found a sun gold arrow behind that tree there!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:11:38 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

Yep, that's the material's multiplier value. Common wood and common stone has 1, and now the lowest metals have 3 (previously 1). So now silver is 5x the value of lead. Yes, spellwood and sungold are valuable -- dwarves can't make those, so they (probably) adore those materials. "Look! Look! I found a sun gold arrow behind that tree there!"

That actually makes perfect sense, although now I'm less likely to use either as a weapon or armor (Still trying to figure out where they lie on the effectiveness scale - currently have Sun Gold above Steel and Spellwood about the same as bronze).

I realize they're just normal quality, and I have little to no idea how effective they are, but I can't help but give my newer hammerdwarves Thunder Hammers.  They just sound so cool that I can't help but have someone use them!

Wakizashis to my newer short-sword users, too (When I don't have material for steel weaponry) - For some reason, in weapons tests, the dwarf with the wakizashi almost always wins (Except against superior armor).  Don't get it, but they work so well I have to acquire them when possible.

Off to work herding drunks!  Why does that sound like work in a dwarf fortress?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

... weird ground...

You didn't touch the init settings, did you?

It means that you have "varied ground tiles" set to YES while I have it set to NO. It has almost no effect on the overall picture but allows to keep punctuation instead of making it into "ground" tiles (this way ony ' is affected).

Excuse my ignorance (Although I created basically created the account to ask questions!), but on the wiki, there are numbers next to the listed metals, such as silver (15) - Is this the wealth multiplier for items made from that material?  That would imply that spellwood and sun gold are more valuable than both aluminum and platinum, so do I have it mixed up?
Yes they are the value and TomiTapio is right, I've found it weird how it easier just to trade/rob elves for spellwood and now have a spellwood-clad military... I considered that you can use it but I didn't want it to be an easy replacement for dwarven steel.

Same for the sun gold, it's basically a magical precious steel, thus it should be much more valuable than steel.

Quote from: TomiTapio
Is it intentionally 3 stacks into 1 stack?
Yes and no. I still consider this as a placeholder reaction and I want to allow dwarves to get it through an Alchemy when I get that. I didn't invent a good system yet (I like Mephansteras' alchemy but I don't feel like copypasting it, I am sure there're other ways I could invent it :)).

Nords still have     [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]    [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:UNCOMMON]
Oops, I missed a report on this one. Thank you, I will release a smalelr patch later. That's good that it doesn't cause game errors :).

test with adventurer. The trees look great! Hmm, I'd put the down-dagger symbol plant on the to-do list, it stands out a lot, high contrast. It's eg. beet, aspen sapling, cucumber, peas. // Dandelion symbol is a green leafless tree, I'd try to improve on that. /
Yeah I see what you mean. It's a matter of editing of the tileset, I will do it.

Dandellion symbol should be a flower, same as for the Sunflower. Are you sure that you use the correct tileset?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

guardb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Why i can't add skillpoints and items on embark screen :(?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Maybe because you've spent them all?

Deon - i wondered why downloading takes so long, and then realized, that you added utils there, maybe better idea would be splitting these(Genesis, utils) packs for next releases?
I just forgot that I didn't remove the utilities. Yeah I will make a separate archive next time I upload it, thank you :).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:52:00 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why i can't add skillpoints and items on embark screen :(?

The default embark profile has all of the points spent.  Unspend something first.  I had to overcome this minor hurdle when I first played the mod, but easy once you realize what's going on.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Also you can change the amount of points avaliable in the world generator settings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also you can change the amount of points avaliable in the world generator settings.

I never knew you could do that. Would be nice if you could also make people be able to have more than 10 skill levels. I guess I'm bored of doing the first year boring wait.

guardb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I downloaded version 3.12 and everything is working fine now :) Thank everybody for help
Do you have some tips for new genesis mod player :P?
Edit: Why i can't resize the window :| ?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:41:08 am by guardb »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's RESIZABLE:YES in the d_init.txt settings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chance you will make this mod compatible with other gfx packs? :)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Dandelion symbol should be a flower, same as for the Sunflower. Are you sure that you use the correct tileset?
Ooo-kay, I'll copy most of the new tiles into my installation (which has . , ' ä ö and old font). Thanks mate.

(Some adventuring, steel dwarf hero cuts elephant in half with short sword.)

Edit: I made GOODWOOD_TEMPLATE, for oak and mahogany and all those elite dense good-furniture trees. It makes superior bolts and trap spikes compared to cheap wood.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:26:01 am by TomiTapio »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 642