Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228898 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Here're the trees for 3.12.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

I consider adding a Flux to the wood+iron reaction to get steel. Also it's funny how it was there all the time and only when I make a graphical diagram people start to notice it.

Hmm?  This has always been my biggest fault with Ironworks (Although I continue to exploit it) - It is barely more work to get steel than it is to get wrought iron.  I tend to embark with enough materials to create a steel axe, and at least two pieces of steel armor, and it still puts me back less than the cost of a copper pick or axe.  As I've never had reason to use bronze, honestly, I'm not sure where it falls on the weapon/armor effectiveness chart (I think initially it was proclaimed as effective as wrought iron, and is now more effective than wrought but less than steel?)

Anyway, as much as I like having a wildlife-immune dwarf to start, it would probably be best to add something to create steel.  Is there any point to creating steel in the finishing forge way?  It seems like a lot more work for the same product.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:40:36 am by rainekage »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Looking good on the chart, Deon.

No more imported cobaltite shields I presume. The steel color and light-green ore color are quite close on the chart, maybe darken the light green.

So if you happen to embark on a no-iron-ores place (rare but might happen), your best bet is found-in-gabbro ilmenite. And the bronzes.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Actually I mean green=fuel, blue=warfare metals, gray=common metals, yellow=precious metals and brown=fuel.

And Rainekage, the steel is made in crucible or blast so it's not hard to make, but the addition of flux changes the picture. You don't always have enough to make it a big-scale project, and then you have to go the pig-iron route which requires more work now. I find it quite balanced.

P.S. I've finished the orc graphics and fixed a few more stuff.

For example, orcs should now have local leaders in inns. I forgot to assign anyone but monarch to the role so you had a hard time to get quests in their town. Plus I've evaluated more positions to a "quest-giver" status, including "common" nobles.

Now I am in a playtesting stage. I will run two quick forts and see if everything is fine.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:40:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does one use the alter of war?

As I understand, you need to sacrifice a weapon, which I have plenty of (Dozens of gold weapons due to only having a weaponcrafter to make trade goods), and I have requested the task, but no dwarf seems to be able to do it. The task just sits there, not getting done.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

How does one use the alter of war?

As I understand, you need to sacrifice a weapon, which I have plenty of (Dozens of gold weapons due to only having a weaponcrafter to make trade goods), and I have requested the task, but no dwarf seems to be able to do it. The task just sits there, not getting done.
Do you have a dwarf with the alchemy labor enabled?

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. Well, that was rather stupid of me.

Edit: Wait, it still isn't working. I disabled all the other labours on the dwarf with alchemy, and I'm still getting nothing.

Edit2: Started working after waiting for around 20 minutes.

Slightly odd, but oh well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:32:03 am by Gearheart »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I guess I have to set up the soundsense for you and then release it.

I've found out why was it so hard to work on the mod for me: I finally got a headache and a throatache so it appears that I'm ill :P.

Well, I hope you will forgive me the lack of a changelog for now. I will upload the version and go to sleep a bit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've updated the Metalworking page of the wiki and uploaded 3.12.

Time to rest :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I like the new Orc graphics.  I just installed the new version and started a new world, but it wont let me make anything at a Mason's Workshop.  I have plenty of non-economic rocks, but it says I haven't.
Diggy diggy hole.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a question. In Adventurer mode, whenever I attempt to make a cloak, I always get big cloaks, and not cloaks of my size. Does this have to do with the size of the creature I'm skinning?

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

finishing forge steel requires flux now? :(

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I like the new Orc graphics.  I just installed the new version and started a new world, but it wont let me make anything at a Mason's Workshop.  I have plenty of non-economic rocks, but it says I haven't.

press "z" then go to stone, are these marked red?
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, they are mostly green, like normal.  That was the first thing I checked.  I had lots of Limestone and Jet, and tried making a couple of doors, but he wouldn't make them.  I ditched the save anyway, I'll try another one soon. :)
Diggy diggy hole.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's strange. If it's not "economic", it should be used.

Also don't install on top of the previous version, I removed some files so it needs to be a clean installation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 642