Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228992 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Build a "weight set" workshop.
Awwwww man... youtube is banned from the country I live in. Anyone know any proxies that get into youtube?
Aww you miss a lot. Could you try to use an external proxy?

And ironwood (spellwood) has the same parameters as iron (but not wrought iron, so it's worse).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:35:58 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dammit i screwed up the raws on that one too :/

well i dont want to reembark for a while lol

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

How could you "screw up raws on that one"? ;D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i messed up the raws and cant make training spears lol any alternatives?
Huh. Delete everything and download the Genesis mod again. Or you could just let then train via Armor demonstrations (they actually spar now!). I was too lazy in my previous fort to hook up all the Upright Spears, so i just let em be and train with the dummies. As long as you armor them up and train em up to elite with the training dummies, all the dodging, armor and shield skills can be left till later.  It's not like a squad of full red steel armored dwarves can't manhandle anything less than HFS. Actually, I think there should be a race that actually gives you a challenge. (like the Orcs from the Dig Deeper mod. It's harder, but gives you a higher sense of achievement. Heck, they actually do manage to kill a few champions.)

Aww you miss a lot. Could you try to use an external proxy?
External proxies like? I used to use sneakme.net, but it didnt work after awhile. Many proxies I try can't get in youtube at all...

And all cuz some guy posted a video of chinese police beating up monks.  >:(

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:23:06 pm by Pan »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

And ironwood (spellwood) has the same parameters as iron (but not wrought iron, so it's worse).
Wasn't ironwood just a regular wood, but with elf magic it becomes the ironlike metal called spellwood?
(checks the genesis raws) huh, ironwood is metal straight out of the tree, for all to enjoy...

I just let em be and train with the dummies. As long as you armor them up and train em up to elite with the training dummies, all the dodging, armor and shield skills can be left till later. 
How many years of training is that with dummies?
Maybe 5 years of training if you use only the vanilla weaponrack-barracks?
I don't use any of the training-workshops, they're too far from vanilla DF for me. Of course I could build 20 Obstacle Courses and wall up the fort for three years... call it "Dodge City".. but that's no fun.

I ran two arena tests to check the new internal-genitalia. No hits on them, naked or with steel set.
So something is wrong, as kidneys got many hits.
Tomi's tunings on internal organ bleed/pain, and genitalia and breasts set to internal.

TEST: no skills, steel: sword, mail, leggings, helm, gauntlets, high boots: 30 male stone dw vs 30 female.
ten females remain!! skilled-proficient-competent levels in sword at the end.

TEST: no skills, steel sword: 30 male stone dw vs 30 female.
again ten females remain!!
(Is this the answer to why 90% of migrants are female, that they fare much better in battle thanks to running speed?) (sets stone dw females to male speeds, for next world)

zip of the combat logs and log-into-CSV spreadsheet:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/no%20skills%2C%20steel%20sword%20-%2030%20male%20stone%20dw%20vs%2030%20female%20-%2010F%20win.zip

ps. fine-tuned worlds' creature counts, orangutans and bonobos count up, dragon raptor and my bronze statue down... yetis down, donkeys up, asps down (POPULATION_NUMBER:2:7), lion and rhino down.
A world with 700 orangutans and 10 000 dragon raptors, 5000 yetis, 500 reindeer is a sad place, so I tune some more.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:16:32 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just let em be and train with the dummies. As long as you armor them up and train em up to elite with the training dummies, all the dodging, armor and shield skills can be left till later. 
How many years of training is that with dummies?

With dummies, it took me a year, maybe a bit more, to get to a decent level. It's pretty fast. Like I said, as long as the dwarves are well armored and armed and not alone, and just with a minimum of 2 seasons of training dummies and they can beat back ambushes easily. After all, even steel +quality+ equipment beats any of the gear ambushes turn up with. Just be prepared to upgrade to better gear when the illithid sieges begin (since they got the annoying force fields).

In fact, I was more worried I might not pay enough attention to them on the dummies that they might turn into a Legendary *weapon skill* and keep themselves from the elite status (since weapon skills gained from civilian status doesnt turn them into elite when activated, until the next time they gain xp), hence losing the cool Elite sprite.

So something is wrong, as kidneys got many hits.

Nothing's wrong. Everyone knows a dwarf's kidney is larger than any other race, for obvious reasons.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:40:56 pm by Pan »

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i screwed it up by changing it so that i could play as the nord race

on first embark i noticed that the nobles werent active i was like hmmm

So i coppied all the dwarf stats in entity that had to do with buildings and reactions and put them in the nord slot

renamed nobles so milittia commander" is now "war chief" and stuff like that

for some reason the permitted buildings didnt transfer or i forgot to so i already fixed that.

so i am successfully playing as the nords with their unique equipment. basicly they are outside wooden fort with no buildings underground (or so i made it)

works perfectly fine just working out some of the mistakes i made. :D

i really like this mod :D

If anyones done an outside fort you know how time consuming it is to make wallas and houses lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:24:01 am by Spaghetti »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ah I see.

I've redrawn most of the trees. 2 more to go. Then I will probably add big snakes and a few more tweaks, and we should be closer to a release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't seen raptors yet. Which biomes are them in? I must have raptors to go with the moniter lizards (and the chained Lizardmen)!

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^Raptors have been in every tropical environment I've come across so far.

HappyNihil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Pan:
There are 2 simple free of charge ways for you to watch youtube.

1) http://hotspotshield.com/ Just install it and turn it on and you get connected to an US proxy. (Doesnt work for Hulu and such though)
2) http://www.torproject.org/torbrowser/index.html.en Download the Tor bundle. Read the site to learn what it is if you're interested. But basically it's a portable app, which means you don't need to install anything, just start the program from its folder. It's very slow, but it works 99,9% of time (the only time it doesnt is when it selects an exit node in a country which blocks the site you want to visit, in such case just restart it).

do a google search for these things if you want to learn more or find out whether they're secure (they are) but this should help you get started
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:51:41 am by HappyNihil »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. They don't work  :( (if their gonna ban something, they would have gotten rid of all the bypasses.) But thanks anyway.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Pan:
There are 2 simple free of charge ways for you to watch youtube.

1) http://hotspotshield.com/ Just install it and turn it on and you get connected to an US proxy. (Doesnt work for Hulu and such though)
2) http://www.torproject.org/torbrowser/index.html.en Download the Tor bundle. Read the site to learn what it is if you're interested. But basically it's a portable app, which means you don't need to install anything, just start the program from its folder. It's very slow, but it works 99,9% of time (the only time it doesnt is when it selects an exit node in a country which blocks the site you want to visit, in such case just restart it).

do a google search for these things if you want to learn more or find out whether they're secure (they are) but this should help you get started
Will they slow a browser?

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have curious problem with war animals - they are not attacking enemy until being attacked, is this typical?
also, whatever i use as war animal is being killed in seconds even by skulking vermins..is this ok?
it's ennerving seeing two elephants killed in no time by one feeble kobold(?), or vermin..
same for raptors, same for bears, etc..
it is problem, as i am not using military at all(you know, bunker).
it would not be a issue, but i had bunker closed, and caravan gone..weird/mad in effect(i forgot to let them out in time), they do not want to leave fort now, just standing there with blue exclamation over them, so i left entrance open wondering, if they leave. they are dehydrated, hungry and i wonder what will happen soon...
i'd rather would avoid fight...as last resort, i could wall them over, but it is unpleasant way..
upd: caravaneers problem solved itself, they died peacefully and quietly from starvation, lol..i can close gate now.

upd 2: wow, weird megabeast came onto my map, it has leathered BODY and shell only. Whats interesting it is visualized by big W letter. I can only hope it cannot swim..

upd 3: damn, it can swim...so i hope it cannot think it's way through water tunnels..

about youtube: i wonder, if wouldn't be easier to use proxy and downloader to just download chosen vids, than trying to stream it to watch in realtime with weird methods. personally i would prefer downloading, if transfer limit is not a problem. just thinking aloud. also, if only YT engine is banned, it may be good option, imho(in that case, you do not even need proxy, obviously).
upd: also, imho, specialized yt downloaders may use their servers to tunnel vids, so, if such servers are not banned, you have simple solution, as from your side, you are not using yt servers at all.
<ding!>

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:34:24 am by McBeer »
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems to be bug:

Whenever i craft something in adventure mode, it uses whole stack of bones, not just one or two.

So to make a bone two-hander i used 47 dragon raptor bones one leather and 15 bear bones.

Same with throwing, i cant throw them one by one. Just a whole stacks.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 642