Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228713 times)

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.11 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2850 on: August 31, 2010, 01:10:00 pm »

Where am I supposed to plant all the mandrake seeds I've been getting from the altar?  I don't get it listed as an option below or above ground. (v 3.02, so maybe it's changed by now)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:20:45 pm by oolon1 »

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:03 pm »

Apparently ith~ don't mind sending powerfull ambush parties even though you have only above-ground camp.
Also , turns out that outpost minds can fly and spew poison and fuck your all dudes up in few seconds.
Im fine with yet another annoying flying bugger, but is that poison really necessary?

Janoveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 31, 2010, 09:36:50 pm »

Obsidian doesn't show up as an allowable economic stone.

I did a QuickFind through the last 70 pages or so and found only one mention of this issue, which seems to be caused by the Material changes in the raw, and it hadn't been fixed then.

The work around mentioned in this thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52879.msg1171843#msg1171843
does not seem to work in my Genesis install.

Hopefully someone will know a way to sort this out, its not critical, but Obsidian is a fun stone.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: September 01, 2010, 12:34:21 am »

Apparently ith~ don't mind sending powerfull ambush parties even though you have only above-ground camp.
Also , turns out that outpost minds can fly and spew poison and fuck your all dudes up in few seconds.
Im fine with yet another annoying flying bugger, but is that poison really necessary?

Yes. It lets you know where they are when they are stealthily sneaking up on you ;)
Also, it makes them even more disastrous as thieves.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: September 01, 2010, 03:26:50 am »

has anyone tried using the runesmith program that came in the last download? if you have what was your results as everytime i have used it the game will mysteriously lockup within the next 5-15 minutes even if i save then reload

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 01, 2010, 06:33:50 am »

You know, this is fantastic.
- i am not using military AT ALL, just because i do not understand it in ,31, not sure how it works and WHAT works

I'm almost posetively sure that its all fixed by now. I'm using the military perfectly fine without any bugs or anything. (Not using the schedule but thats just if you want an automated military(I think))
But yeah, it would be worth looking into learning how to do it. Even if you just want one guy with an axe to kill the odd creature or two. Or even dress up your entire population in armor.

So is it possible to assign armors to EVERY dwarf now??
Wow.
btw, i read somewhere that some metals are useless as armors and/or weapons('cause it is not used properly) - one of reasons why i am not fiddling with military screen....not enough data about it.

Are bowmen fixed already?
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 01, 2010, 07:03:05 am »

I have been trying to train a squad of Bowmen, but they still say they are unable to follow orders.  I have built them crossbows, bolts and quivers, assigned them THREE archery targets (1 for each member of the squad) and set them to train.  The archery targets are facing the right way, but still they say the are unable to follow the order.  I've disbanded the squad, I've told them to drop equipment (which they never pick up in the first place) and start again, but still no luck.

Unless I am doing something drastically wrong then there are still bugs with the military stuff.  My 2 squads of axedwarves work just fine, if very slowly.
Diggy diggy hole.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 01, 2010, 07:11:21 am »

I was able to assign archery practice just fine. Did you give them training ammo?

I will look into Obsidian issue, thanks.

Hi, I've just downloaded Dwarf Fortress and it seems pretty fun (I haven't quite got the knack yet) and your mod seems interesting but I'm not entirely sure whether it is newbie friendly or not, would you recommend I start out playing with it or would I find the new features too difficult or frustrating?
Also, is there a way to download this mod which doesn't copy over the graphics set I have? It took me a while to find one which I liked. ^^;

Thanks a lot. :)

Edit: Argh, I downloaded this and I seem to have conjured a world  in which I can only play as minotaurs. Do these creatures play differently to dwarfs? :S
It means that you've made something wrong. Probably you have some duplicate errors, note that you don't have to rewrite something, just download and play. And I wouldn't recommend another graphics set unless you put in in ASCII version because the graphical version has remapped tiles to fit the current tileset.

Also I would recommend learning military in Vanilla first, without military control you will have a hard time with all the enemy civs, this mod is designed to be played in a warlike manner.

Sorry, I can't answer more, I have to run to work now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 01, 2010, 09:51:33 am »

Thanks, Katie.
about bowmen - hunters are using bow properly, that's for sure.
Ok, I need to learn how to use military finally...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:22:30 pm by McBeer »
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 01, 2010, 01:10:33 pm »

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but when you choose "Make Rock Shortsword" at the crafts workshop it makes them out of wood too (actually only wood for me so far). Instead of obsidian / granite / etc swords I'm ending up with aspen and birch ones.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 01, 2010, 01:31:27 pm »

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but when you choose "Make Rock Shortsword" at the crafts workshop it makes them out of wood too (actually only wood for me so far). Instead of obsidian / granite / etc swords I'm ending up with aspen and birch ones.

I am sure that came up before , and it's teh handles that are wood, but the blades are actually rock, and hit like rock.
Diggy diggy hole.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:27 pm »

Turns out buzzards are not as tough as I though. One d literally punched the brain out and mastiff bit ones head off.
Now the fun part is where a war mammoths gore attack (he actually gored out barghests brain out earlier) glanced off. From behind.
lame.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 01, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »

I am sure that came up before , and it's teh handles that are wood, but the blades are actually rock, and hit like rock.

So related to combat effectiveness does it matter more what the blade is made from or what they use for the handle? I'm trying to decide if I should try and set up custom stock piles so they only pull from certain materials (as best I can force it) when making these or if it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 01, 2010, 03:02:09 pm »

Illithid swordsmen come with 2 shields.(and no swords, just like the name indicates ;) )

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 01, 2010, 03:05:36 pm »

Sorry for double post. >.<
Diggy diggy hole.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 642