Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234110 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.1 ϟ]
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2010, 06:21:12 pm »

do these changes make it to the first post on the front page?  i dont see anything written there about gem golems

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2010, 06:38:14 pm »

Look under "expanded bestiary", the "cavern dwellers" section.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2010, 08:31:38 pm »

DAYUM, Deon. You did tons of shit. ;D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:20 pm »

im in the testing area playing with the gelanious cubes. however i dont think they can be killed. i have one fighting a balor fully armed with weapon grandmaster swordsman etc

it just doesnt die. a few cubes even fell into the lava and are just sitting there.

even though they are fully red they simply do not die. i havnt upgraded to 1.1 though

Spacepup18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

Is this compatable with 31.03 yet?  Been playing it on .02 for a while, definitely enjoying it, but I really want to move to the next version for those delicious pathing fixes.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2010, 01:19:57 am »

how do i get the graphics pack in the new install to work? im currently using the phoebus graphic pack and what i did was just put everything from the graphics folder in the new 1.1 dl into my graphics folder and did an overwrite on w/e that came up.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2010, 02:13:49 am »

Meowmix: Maybe I should try to make them more "killable". What I did is lure them in cage traps in the fort mode.

Spacepup18: It's 31.03 compatible, I just forgot to update my signature again. DFFD page says "For DF version:     0.31.03".

how do i get the graphics pack in the new install to work? im currently using the phoebus graphic pack and what i did was just put everything from the graphics folder in the new 1.1 dl into my graphics folder and did an overwrite on w/e that came up.
That's what you do. Make sure there're no additional files left from Phoebus though. You could just delete the /raw/graphics/ folder and replace it with the one from the archive. If you want the graphics in one of your save, do the same with the /data/save/region**/raw/graphics/ folder (wherer region** is the number of your save region).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:46 am »

Great! When I get to editing EXE (which I usually do at some point, at least it will be necessary for Fallout mod), I will note it, thanks!

Here's a concept for a theater. I hope it looks like a stage with some furniture on it and stools in front of it.

That's awesome, I can imagine dwarfs walking around on it doing their best Shakesbeardian impression for all those who will watch and listen. Would it be possible to have a noble cast show up who would use it, but maybe no one else till then? I'm not sure how these work though so I might always come up with a lot of impossible requests.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2010, 02:31:12 am »

When you have a manager, you are able to access the workshops Profile, where you can set up who can use it.

After that you can designate a meeting zone close to the theatre (now when zone removal does not crash the game etc.) and idle dwarves will party around the stage :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2010, 02:44:31 am »

Sorry if this bug was already reported, or if it is unrelated to the Genesis Mod. I just installed DF 0.31.03 and immediately installed Genesis Mod, turned on the FPS counter, and everything works normal, except the FPS counter will not appear.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2010, 04:32:51 am »

OK, I am releasing 1.15 today. It won't contain many new features (but new workshops) but it will have full new underground critters' graphics and I've used Phoebus character set as base, so right now I remap all stones to follow them (most stones look like "generic" rock, ore stones have a * and a number of dots which show their value, same with gems.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2010, 05:52:15 am »

How do we build the custom workshops?

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was that I did not generate a new world.  Something to look forward to once I give up on "Sand Fortress", lol.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2010, 09:00:22 am »

WIP on graphics for the next version. It takes a lot of time to remap tiles for all the stones, trees, plants and gems.

Here're the outsides. A rocky/peat wasteland with random trees and bushes and marble boulders:

Also I walked through all the stones and changed their texture so it's monotone now (and microcline is White/cyan, not Cyan/white, it means that the walls are white and no longer kill eyes).
This is a marble/mica hallway:

Note those * with dots. It's malachite, a tier 1 metal. Only metal ores have the symbols now, and the number of dots indicates their value. All other rock types are monotone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:04:24 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Spacepup18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:51 am »

So how would this work with say, Phoebus's pre-packaged graphics set?  Can I just use that graphics pack, overwrite with your raws, and have it use all the stuff you've added, or do I have to find or extract only the character graphics to vanilla DF + Genesis?

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »

I'm getting an extremely weird error with this. I copied everything over that was needed for the Osmans to work (pretty sure i got it all) and when I gen a world, it places osman towns, etc, it's all fine. Except that instead of Osmans, there are cave crocodiles, and it crashes my game.
See, I just wanted the Osmans, but....
I think i messed up.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 642