Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229669 times)

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.98 ϟ] - werewolves!
« Reply #2220 on: July 29, 2010, 04:18:38 am »

I adjusted all weapon stats to vanilla values so it's DF problem with the new armor piercing formula.

By version I meant DF version, not genesis. Genisis is fine.

On a side note, what about adding diagnosis training at the library? It takes ages to get up and unless you spend 5 points on a starting dwarf or get lucky with migrants you won't have a decent diagnostician. Not to mention the fact that if skeletal elks (seriously, they're ultra deadly) completely destroy your 5 point diagnostician in the first week of embarking it's a set back. Although I'm not entirely sure what diagnostician affects, I believe it just lowers the time it takes, because they seem to never miss injuries although bugs might make it so they never wind up getting cured.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 29, 2010, 04:42:34 am »

Okay, it will take a while, I am uploading the files. I've added diagnosis training, your comment was just in time.

Now I can spoil the fun. You get an evil demonic empire instead of goblins.

There're: goblins, trollkin, warlocks, bile demons, mistresses, vampires, dark elves and imps. Oh, and barghests, I left them in.

Now guess where is this empire from :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 29, 2010, 04:59:12 am »

Okay, it will take a while, I am uploading the files. I've added diagnosis training, your comment was just in time.

Now I can spoil the fun. You get an evil demonic empire instead of goblins.

There're: goblins, trollkin, warlocks, bile demons, mistresses, vampires, dark elves and imps. Oh, and barghests, I left them in.

Now guess where is this empire from :P.

More importantly, how does this affect upgrading? I'm assuming you need to regen to properly enjoy, but will it mess up existing games because you modified the gobos so much?

Personally I see modifying gobos to that extent a bit of sacrilege, I would have just added another civilization, but of course I like my worlds full of evil civilizations that want to kill me all the time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 29, 2010, 05:07:45 am »

I just love Dungeon Keeper :). And you can keep the save if you update everything but creature_genesis.txt file.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 29, 2010, 05:16:51 am »

I just love Dungeon Keeper :). And you can keep the save if you update everything but creature_genesis.txt file.

To be strict you're missing firefly, salamander, rogue, black night, dark angel, skeleton (probably undoable) and if you played the patch version (which I didn't) the maiden. Although that might be a bit much for a df civilzation. It was a great game.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

GENESIS MOD: 2.99 update

- 2.99: goblins replaced with demonic civ with goblins, vampires, trollkin, imps and other critters; new castes for werewolves; biome tweaks to entities; new training reaction: study medical notes (diagnosis) at library.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

To be strict you're missing firefly, salamander, rogue, black night, dark angel, skeleton (probably undoable) and if you played the patch version (which I didn't) the maiden. Although that might be a bit much for a df civilzation. It was a great game.
I didn't want to add fliers and even more firebreathing critters (there already are warlocks and imps). Also rogue is just a profession, black knight farmer would be weird (so in fact it would be just a profession name for swordsmen), and dark angels should be overpowered so I am not sure about adding them yet. I don't know what the "maiden" is, is it that drider-like critter avaliable only in multiplayer?

I consider expanding the civ later with the said critters, but I already like it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't want to add fliers and even more firebreathing critters (there already are warlocks and imps). Also rogue is just a profession, black knight farmer would be weird (so in fact it would be just a profession name for swordsmen), and dark angels should be overpowered so I am not sure about adding them yet. I don't know what the "maiden" is, is it that drider-like critter avaliable only in multiplayer?

I consider expanding the civ later with the said critters, but I already like it.

An idea would be to add an evil civilization as an "end-game" type challenge. One that appears once you've reached a critical mass of 5-10 million wealth and 80+ dwarves. Could be full of dark angels. However things are quite fine as they are. With the illithids playing around stuff is fun again.

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What a coincidence, I just realised yesterday morning that dungeon keeper 1 works on windows xp so I spent all day playing it :D
Pity the AI is so completely useless in that.

I'm guessing you're also leaving out the horned reaper because it'd also have to be completely overpowered?

Sucks that I'm in the middle of an awesome adventure in 2.98. Me and 4 of my dwarven buddies just took down a bronze colossus, we're all legendary wrestlers now, although 2 of my friends can't stand and I'm covered in a mess of scars and missing an ear from an earlier forest spider+raptor attack. Can't play the new one until I die :(

Edit: Well, that probably won't take too long. I've just been sent to kill a wyvern... there were 6 lost adventurers on the way in, so most of my friends will die to diseases, and I've had to swim to get to the caverns where the wyvern is, meaning I'll have to fight it solo... not really feeling confident about that!

Edit 2: My jerk friends suddenly decided they'd rather live with elves than adventure with me anymore. I hope their brains and spines rot and they die of suffocation! Time to retire and play the new version :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:10:01 am by Nat »

Mister Lingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me: Well I better get to bed. I'll check up on DF forum first... *eyes explode from a combination of excitement and nostalgia*

In other words, I'm really looking forward to fighting this new evil enemy. hehe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bwwaaah? You added DK to DF? Two of my favorite games starting with D now have merged! SUCCESS!

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, it wouldn't be possible to add some sort of torture chamber where you put your captured victims right? I wonder if it would be possible to do something like that. I remember having great fun with torture chambers in DK.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

You could slowly impale your enemies by dropping them down 3 or 4 floors onto wooden spikes and if that dosen't do it 5 or 8 should not kill them.

ghostxxx

• Bay Watcher
  • and my Axe!
    • View Profile

Praise the Overlord for the new release! Does this one come with Phoebus package by any chance?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Gah. Okay. I knew I forgot something. Sorry, Ghost. I promise that 3.0 will have Phoebus :D.

Speaking of which, it wouldn't be possible to add some sort of torture chamber where you put your captured victims right? I wonder if it would be possible to do something like that. I remember having great fun with torture chambers in DK.
With addition of "cosmetical" stuff I plan (like impaled heads and Iron Maiden devices and such) you can set up a torture room easily. The best torture device in DF is an upright spike triggered by a lever :D.

Urist McTorturer: "Say me, how many soldiers do you have? No? *Pulls a lever.* "Do you want to think again?"
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 642