Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229905 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.97 ϟ] - glass beds and bars
« Reply #2130 on: July 24, 2010, 06:11:44 am »

Started a new fort and I see "goblin skin thread" on the surface. This is with 0.31.11 and 2.97 embarking in a terrifying woodland.
Ahem. I should check it. I've added some adventure reactions which COULD cause it, but I am not sure. Let me check it, I was unable to play the game lately, only mod and fix errors :).

OK, so how do you guys get illithid to live? My record is 35 illithid (with dwarves fallen). Second best is 12 illithid (also with dwarves fallen). It seems like snakemen consistantly survive, but goblins and especially illithid die all the time... Whenever there are many baddies, the good guys are dead... Generated at least 12 worlds so far, parsing logs with ParseDFlogs to check results.

I had a fully populated illithid city, about 100 of them, by only running 300 years of history. Oh, I also had about twice the number of caves and megabeasts/titans... well, maybe less, I remember I had to cut the number down because they kept wiping everybody out... hehehe

Edit: I should note that this was a few versions back, so I can't say it'll work for sure now.
The lack of female castes could cause it. I will try to balance and playtest things to make them survive better.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 24, 2010, 06:12:28 am »

Started a new fort and I see "goblin skin thread" on the surface. This is with 0.31.11 and 2.97 embarking in a terrifying woodland.
Wait. Is it item, or is it like "web"?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 24, 2010, 06:20:54 am »

Wait. Is it item, or is it like "web"?
Like web.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 24, 2010, 06:33:43 am »

Then it could be cause by new "webbing" goblins. I will look into it.
P.S. Yeah, I forgot to adjust their material, sorry. I will fix it shortly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 24, 2010, 07:16:07 am »

Okay, I replaced spitters' webs with weak poison because webs were too strong, and also they caught their own attackers and mounts so it was like a Benny Hill show.

Also I've fixed illithids so now they are many... And added werewolves' civs to temperate forests and taiga.
Now I need to add an insectoid race and the release should be ready.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 24, 2010, 08:05:50 am »

Okay, I replaced spitters' webs with weak poison because webs were too strong, and also they caught their own attackers and mounts so it was like a Benny Hill show.

Also I've fixed illithids so now they are many... And added werewolves' civs to temperate forests and taiga.
Are the insect people going to be playable?

Vherkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 24, 2010, 08:12:40 am »

I read alot the forum but never actually registered or posted before, so hi people!
I don't know much about modding but was kinda annoy to see illithid alway getting wipe out. When i read the tread for a solution, nothing. So i did the only thing to do, running away opening the raw and trying to find the solution myself.

They mostly get wiped around year 100-300. So, after doing lot's of world-gen i decided to alway use the same seed for the test. that way i could see the effect of my modification on the illithid without chance it's was simply a world more suited for them. (Not that is ever happened before)

I only worked on above-ground illithid (ILLITHID_EMPIRE_ENTITY) in the entity_illithid.txt:
First, i saw this:
   [START_GROUP_NUMBER:100]
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:750]
Most of the good aligned civ:
   [START_GROUP_NUMBER:10]
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
See something strange?
They start strong but hit rapidly their max population. So later, when other nation have thousands, the only thing left for them is saying THIS! IS! SPARTA! and getting swarmed to dead. When i edited that and set the value to 5000... Surprise! they still got their ass kick but atleast they where surviving 500-700 year.

I look a little more and saw the item_thief tag. If the information from the kobold camp mod tread are exact that tag make them:
1. Come into people fort and steal they're shit. :o
2. Everyone who don't have that tag actually hate you because you steal their stuff, even the evil civilization like the goblin want you dead. Ouch  :-\

So illithid are actually the smallest nation and everyone want them dead. :-\ Poor thing
I changed that tag for [BABYSNATCHER].
Now goblin and serpentfolk are friend with them. Sure, some could argue that illithid are monstruosity and no one would want to be friend with them. But, atleast, now they have a new way to get slave and won't come in your fort only to steal a pair of pant. :P Even the illithid would know that it's not a good thing when everyone want you dead. ;D

The result aftermath:
HO my god, im gonna die! :X
not only the illithid, with their new number and new ally, is now the most successful of all the evil civilization but actually, they're arrival modified the balance of power making more goblin and serpentfolk civilization survive too.  :o That was unexpected.

Note1: I did not test the babysnatcher tag without boosting their max number, i kinda like the way is now so i did not bother. If someone want to try... Personnally i will prepare myself to fight the horde!
Note2: The reason of they're succes is maybe because of the start_group_number of 100. it's 10x bigger than most other civ after all. Like before, i did not bother to verify and im actually thinking of giving the same advantage to goblin and serpentfolk.

Another thing:
The underground illithid empire have both [ETHIC:SLAVERY:UNTHINKABLE] and [ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE] in their entity. Don't know if it's affect some part of the gameplay at all but i wanted to mention it.

Sorry if some part of my post are weird, english is not my first language.

Edit:
Quote from: Deon
Also I've fixed illithids so now they are many...
Damn, im to late! Hey, maybe the babysnatcher tag can still be usefull
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:22:49 am by Vherkin »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 24, 2010, 08:52:02 am »

Yep I think I will make them snatchers. Also I've fixed entity ethics too. Anyway I should make a release this evening.

Are the insect people going to be playable?
Playable in adventure mode: yes. Fortress mode: no for now. As you see, I fleshed out only dwarven gameplay. Other races are not playable for a reason: they are not that different. Next thing I plan to do is to make kobolds distinct, in a "kobold camp" way, then I will make them playable. Then goblins or elves, etc.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 24, 2010, 08:57:13 am »

Any chance you could make the tadpole swarms not airdrown? It's hilarious, but any that get into murky pools stay there until I send in the marksdwarves.

Though it is kind of flavorful if this is how Illithid make new cities, fill the area with biomass.  :S

This mod is so awesome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 24, 2010, 10:49:05 am »

I already fixed it in my dev. version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2140 on: July 24, 2010, 11:13:38 am »

I just noticed that there is a Giant Otter in Genesis. So...Much...WIN!!!
I saw otters on the telly and added them. :)
Deon approved.

Maybe could have a Giant Emu or Giant Ostrich, with a serious clawed kick. "Giant" version in fantasy world could be 2x or 3x size compared the real world.

Wikipedia, Emu: The largest can reach up to 150 to 190 centimetres (59–75 in) in height, 1 to 1.3 metres (3.3–4.3 ft) at the shoulder. Emus weigh between 18 and 48 kilograms (40 and 106 lb).
Ostriches usually weigh from 63 to 130 kilograms (140–290 lb), with exceptional male Ostriches weighing up to 155 kilograms (340 lb).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:05 am »

Sounds like I'll have to start a new fort T_T.

I just noticed that there is a Giant Otter in Genesis. So...Much...WIN!!!
I saw otters on the telly and added them. :)
Deon approved.

Maybe could have a Giant Emu or Giant Ostrich, with a serious clawed kick. "Giant" version in fantasy world could be 2x or 3x size compared the real world.

All these giant things are fine, but they should be more aggressive when a puny dwarf attacks them. The giant ants for example are gigantic wusses. In my last fort a freaking cat would send them running. They also made for great money when you hearded them into cages.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 24, 2010, 11:48:27 am »

Yep, wildlife in fortress mode is very easy to freighten. In adv. mode they go straight after you while in fort. mode they run around. This is some DF weird behaviour.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 24, 2010, 11:50:16 am »

Yep, wildlife in fortress mode is very easy to freighten. In adv. mode they go straight after you while in fort. mode they run around. This is some DF weird behaviour.

Elephants, giant ants and leopards had this behaviour in my last fort. On the other hand the cave crocodile just ripped my hunter to shreds instead of ignoring it like other wild life. Can you make them more like the cave crocodile? Blood for the blood god.

EDIT: And another thing, what about using a more sane skill rust? Currently my armoursmith and weaponsmith I embarked with are already rusty and it's just autumn of the first year... It seems like it's awfully fast to rust.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:09:41 pm by bobbens »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 24, 2010, 01:14:13 pm »

I will look into it later. Currently you lose 1 level per year, so it's not a big deal. And it was like that all the time and nobody complained.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 642