Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234108 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [ϟ Graphics ϟ]
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2010, 03:07:47 pm »

This is really fun to play with the dangerous critters mod. I don't see how it's more difficult though. So many extra weapons, tree types, plants, creatures, civilizations... not to mention the training areas.

I think it's pretty easy actually. That's not a bad thing. The poison coal mines are interesting, but I just switched strategies to use disposable miners instead.

Fun though.
I use miners that are VERY resistant to diseases. wouldnt want to waist all that coal and only get half of it turned into stone!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2010, 03:12:27 pm »

I use miners that are VERY resistant to diseases. wouldnt want to waist all that coal and only get half of it turned into stone!
Isn't that what magma is for?

Edit: Was it you who made it so meat stuff can be cooked again, Deon? If so, thanks man!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2010, 04:19:01 pm »

Yeah, I think it was fixed in 0.31.02, but I fixed it (and leaves) way before that.

P.S. I didn't aim at a hardcore mod actually, some critters are nasty but overall it's pretty playable and easy to handle (if you know what to do). I was mostly playing around with new modding possibilities and adding new content for more fun, not Fun (although some things like gelatinous cubes and wyvern poisons are really nasty).

Anyway, I will add more sieging races later, now when I have a backbone and main graphics. So I can make some nasty foes if you feel like this, or anyone may do it actually, it's easy to make a single race of OMGWTF, it's harder to come up with some flavorful many things (and lots of copy-paste/replace actions following it hehe).

And I find the dangerous coal to be pretty cool. You can always risk digging it, or pump a magma up, or chop trees, or buy a fuel from traders. The options are there!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:25:27 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2010, 05:34:33 pm »

So I made a quick 200-year map and I noticed within the first 50 that pretty much all goblins and barghest have been killed except for one small goblin kingdom out in the middle of nowhere. Whats the deal with that  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »

New 0.31 megabeasts which kill whole races now.

You may not notice it if you gen a vanilla world because there're just 4 races, but the more races you have, the more obvious is the "extinction" thing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:20 pm »

Argh! These archers are so damn unfair!!!!! They're plunking through my cheated ultra metal like it's made of tin foil. Not killing anything... but it's enough to repaint living rooms.

At least it gives my surgeons stuff to do...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2010, 09:09:01 pm »

Hey, I think that this is compatible with 31.03, right?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2010, 12:10:14 am »

Looks like an awesome mod you have there. I'm definitely gonna download it, but I can't decide if I wanna butcher it or use alone and remove my own worthless attempts at mods.

will these items dropped from these chest creatures have any real unusual properties, and if so, how do you implement said properties?

ooh, I almost forgot, mercury poisoning should affect people who inhale dust from cinnabar mining.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:32:20 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2010, 12:36:55 am »

I think I will make a whole separate dangerous mining component soon, so those who dislike it could ignore it.

Yay for the new bugfix release! All hail 0.31.03! It looks like there're some minor raw changes, I will look into it now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2010, 12:54:51 am »

Yeah I've checked it and the only "major" change is the removal of Minotaur's eye appearance modifiers (close set/deep set). I don't see why Toady made it, I am ok with minotaurs with variable eyes :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2010, 12:56:23 am »

So it's ok to use this version with Genesis?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:27 am »

Yes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2010, 02:34:06 am »

Yay!  ;D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2010, 03:41:14 am »

I will release 1.1 shortly. I forgot to add graphics for rabbits and mammoths.

Also I am drawing new subterranean creatures right now.

Also I renamed "amethyst man" to "amethyst golem", and there're now amethyst, topaz, emerald, sapphire, ruby, diamond, black opal and turquoise golems. Also they now drop statues instead of gems upon death.

P.S. Materials work as intended: diamond golem won:

P.P.S. All animals have joints now. And NECK is breakable through wrestling too.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:53:30 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2010, 04:11:48 am »

Question: How do I activate the graphics set? I generally know how, but this new graphic set is set up differently than I am familar with from the previous version.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 642